Me too,Thats all I run now..is the 26t pulley.Car is amazing
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #1637
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sodano View Post
Me too,Thats all I run now..is the 26t pulley.Car is amazing
What shore tires f/r, any split, and what type of track surface are you guys running on? This past weekend I put the 26t on, but engine problems kept me from being able to focus on chassis setup. As a rookie, I would love to not have to deal with tire splits.

Xray NT1
RB Concepts R3
Nomadio React
CORRC
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #1638
Tech Fanatic

Using the 26t pulley makes the front tires spin slower than with the 25t, so with the 26 pully the rear tires are actually spinning faster than the fronts, (more over drive) than with the 25t, which is why with the 25t you run a 2mm difference in tire diameter and with the 26 your supposed to run a 1.5mm difference. So with the 26t you might have felt more turn in and more corner exit depending on your driving style
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #1639
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33 View Post
What shore tires f/r, any split, and what type of track surface are you guys running on? This past weekend I put the 26t on, but engine problems kept me from being able to focus on chassis setup. As a rookie, I would love to not have to deal with tire splits.
I will be a rookie at gas next season...What are tire splits? Is it when you run a different shore tire front and rear?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #1640
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I will be a rookie at gas next season...What are tire splits? Is it when you run a different shore tire front and rear?
It's when you run a different size tire in the rear than the front. So when someone says 2mm split there running there tire's in the rear 2mm bigger in diameter than the front.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
Old 08-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #1641
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
It's when you run a different size tire in the rear than the front. So when someone says 2mm split there running there tire's in the rear 2mm bigger in diameter than the front.
Just to add to this, split also pertains to overdrive, underdrive and dealing with uneven tire wear between front and rear tires.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #1642
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Ryan41

hey guys, I'm gonna upgrade my mtx4 ... however, tossing up between the mtx4-r and the nt1.... can anyone help with my decision?

cheers
Yokomo DRB drifter for the missus.
Ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #1643
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan41 View Post
hey guys, I'm gonna upgrade my mtx4 ... however, tossing up between the mtx4-r and the nt1.... can anyone help with my decision?

cheers
What do you expect to gain from upgrading your car?

A lot of times, it's really just about finding the right setup with your existing car. The 4R isn't that much different from the 4. If you think you've exhausted all your setup options with the 4, then maybe you should try a different car. If not, you may want to try different setups first. The ability to identify and correct setup deficiencies plays a big role in your success with any particular car.

On a personal level, one car may suit your setup and driving skills more than another. Unfortunately, you won't know that until you buy the other car.

Hope this helps...
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 08-01-2007 at 06:20 PM.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #1644
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfan33 View Post
I've been looking to get the spring set. Any suggestions on where to buy it? I haven't been able to find it in stock. I like the idea of the Multi-diff too, but I'm a poor student for two more semesters so its one or the other.....
HT Westminster has some springs in stock. Try the 26 tooth side pulley to run 1:1 to take that out of the equation for a while. What tires are you running?
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #1645
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
HT Westminster has some springs in stock. Try the 26 tooth side pulley to run 1:1 to take that out of the equation for a while. What tires are you running?
Right now I'm running 38f 40r Nitro Shoes. I need to check HT's stock. I didn't even look this past weekend...

Xray NT1
RB Concepts R3
Nomadio React
CORRC
royfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #1646
Tech Adept

Yeh that 25 tooth would make it spin faster, It makes the car heaps better so thats all that matters!!
About the NT1 or MTX 4R. It really depends what best parts access you have. They are both awesome cars, i have only ever driven a VoneRRR and an NT1 so i cant tell you how i think it feels compard to the MTX 4R. But i think it is smoother and easier to drive than the VoneRRR. Good Luck...
Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #1647
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Ryan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
What do you expect to gain from upgrading your car?

A lot of times, it's really just about finding the right setup with your existing car. The 4R isn't that much different from the 4. If you think you've exhausted all your setup options with the 4, then maybe you should try a different car. If not, you may want to try different setups first. The ability to identify and correct setup deficiencies plays a big role in your success with any particular car.

On a personal level, one car may suit your setup and driving skills more than another. Unfortunately, you won't know that until you buy the other car.

Hope this helps...

Yeah true, maybe i'm better off keeping what i've got and wait til an mtx-5 comes out. Just after something "new" , you know new cars always handle better nice new bearings etc ...
Yokomo DRB drifter for the missus.
Ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #1648
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan41 View Post
Yeah true, maybe i'm better off keeping what i've got and wait til an mtx-5 comes out. Just after something "new" , you know new cars always handle better nice new bearings etc ...
Maybe just buy a new MTX4-R....

There is 1 more advantage if you stay with 1 brand, spare parts...
A lot of them you can use on your new car as well......
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #1649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Besides the 4mm chassis, multidiff and different springs, what other options would you guys recommend or have tried on the NT1?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:07 AM   #1650
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Besides the 4mm chassis, multidiff and different springs, what other options would you guys recommend or have tried on the NT1?
For most of these options it just matters where your racing, they don't neccesarilly(spelling) make the car better, they are just different tuning options to further dial your car with. Other than what you've mentioned I'd invest in a rear adjustable sway bar, which I'm running now and also front cvd's, which I'm also running. Although I havn't had any issues with the stock ones, aluminum hexes are a plus too.