R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Getting back into RC nitro after a 6 year layoff...

Hey everyone,

I have an HPI rs4 rtr. The old school version with belt drive. I'm gonna get back into the car. Where can I find parts if they're still around, and tips and what kind of conversions are available (.21 engine maybe). I also would like to find info on porting the sleeve, crank, and piston.

It's like I'm a newbe again.
joehogan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Tech Adept

I wish I had some information for ya, but I dont.

Just wanted to say 'welcome back'

[to the tune of: there goes my heart again]

there goes my cash again...
schufflerbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
Tech Master

You should be able to find parts at your LHS still. Call and see it they still have stock around. If you are going to race, you should look for a new ride. The RS4 you have is not competitive with the current models. If you are just wanting to bash and maybe do some drag racing, keep running it. You can get a .21 conversion at www.wolfpackradicals.com . If you need certain parts, hit me up on PM and I'll check my parts box. I got and RS4-2, a Racer 2 and enough parts to build another.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehogan76
Hey everyone,

I have an HPI rs4 rtr. The old school version with belt drive. I'm gonna get back into the car. Where can I find parts if they're still around, and tips and what kind of conversions are available (.21 engine maybe). I also would like to find info on porting the sleeve, crank, and piston.
Hate to say it, but unless you are just going to bash, that car was put out to pasture as far as racing goes years ago. 200mm nitro touring cars have come soooo far since that time. Your best bet is to just pick up a newer nitro TC.

PS: A .21 conversion is a waste of time and effort. The old RS4 cannot even handle the power of a modern 1.5hp .12 without shredding its drivetrain.
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Yo, whats up OS
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote