Community
Wiki Posts
Search

drivers stand etiquette - pt. 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow drivers stand etiquette - pt. 1

For those who dont know, or those who need a gentle reminder...

here they are, folks.

feel free to add on to the list!

While in the drivers stand - be it during practice, A-mains, or anything in between, we all need to remember our manners and keep it fun for everyone involved. Here are a few simple things to remember when standing next to your fellow racers

1. Please stand up straight, as opposed to leaning over the rail. Drivers can't see past your head and half the time, your pants are too low, creating the dreaded 'plumbers crack' - a distraction to us all.

2. Be careful what you eat before a race. When standing in a semi-enclosed drivers stand, farts can be vicious and deadly. While some consider this an advantage, it's simply unfair and disgusting to render a fellow racer unconcious by these means.

3. Do not stab fellow racers with knives, pens, small screwdrivers, etc... while in the stand. This is not 'Gladiator' and slowly bleeding an opponent is not tolerated in IFMAR rules.

4. If an opponent crashes, or is rendered immobile for any reason, it is not considered polite to pull your car over and do a 'touchdown dance.'

5. Do not grease the stairs if you are the first racer to the top of the stand.

6. Do not cut trap doors in any drivers stand prior to finals.

7. Spitting on opponents pit crews is considered rude in most races.

8. Commenting on fellow drivers' "fabulous ass" during a race is considered distracting and will most likely be answered with a punch to the face.

9. Do not drink alcohol while on the drivers stand, as it could lead to embarrassing situations and could yield less than acceptable responses from fellow drivers. [see #8]

10. No matter how intense a race is, it is never, ever acceptable to throw your opponents off of the drivers stand.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

I would say , from my experiences, if your sharing a frequency, allow the other opponent some practice time.
let the leader or faster driver pass when possible.
when exiting the pit row, have a second look for oncoming traffic.
if the race director announces a crash or dead car, let off the thottle atleast a little bit.
if you see a downed car right in front of you, try and use the brakes.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
See
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Also antennas are not swords and you are not zoro so do not swing your radio from side to side it doesnt make your car turn any better.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

...NEVER cut in line, wait your turn to practice.
...Don't wedge yourself between two drivers to get a spot on a crowded stand.
...If your in another race, never go up on the stand without the race directors permission. This could cause a distraction and don't be supprized next time you find yourself disqualified.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schufflerbot

1. Please stand up straight, as opposed to leaning over the rail. Drivers can't see past your head and half the time, your pants are too low, creating the dreaded 'plumbers crack' - a distraction to us all.

I'm a person who leans on the handrail when i race i find it the only way to get comfortable and find my groove So it is kind of annoying to me as well as other drivers as i'm always being told to lean back
Old 12-14-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hav_lova
I'm a person who leans on the handrail when i race i find it the only way to get comfortable and find my groove So it is kind of annoying to me as well as other drivers as i'm always being told to lean back
i might need to invest in a bar stool with backrest to use on the drivers stand as i have trouble getting comfy too
Old 12-14-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

dont get all pissed off and swear at other drivers,i hate it when i hear people swearing at marshalls and other drivers
Old 12-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
dont get all pissed off and swear at other drivers,i hate it when i hear people swearing at marshalls and other drivers
I agree 100%. NEVER yell at a marshal. He's not the one that put your car on it's lid or stuck it against the boards. 99.9% of the time, you did, so keep your mess up to yourself and be glad someone does get you going again.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

To the guys who get caught up in the action and cant stand still ,they very distracting to other drivers with there radio aerials waving around like they caught a big fish.Please change your habits or take some Calmetes before the event.
Then we have the Cowboys ,if they cant go around you ,they go through you.
The same Cowboys ,guys slow down before the corner and take the apex , not in the corner taking out the guys in the front.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You find it annoying? Let someone get infront of you and your car going 65 plus MPH and see how annoyed you get.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

When you've just crashed your car don't jump in the air and stamp your feet on the ground, especially when the floors a bit springy. I nearly dropped my helios when a driver stood next to me did this and then he went and did it again a few minutes later
Old 12-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

This is a big pet peeve of mine . . . you just don't lean over!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

One of the fastest guys at our track moves around constantly, if his car is going right, he steps to the right, when it's coming at him he steps back, left to the left, and going away from him he steps forward...it's funny to watch, he, of course, is oblivious to what he's doing. We just give hime his box to stand in.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theRED5
One of the fastest guys at our track moves around constantly, if his car is going right, he steps to the right, when it's coming at him he steps back, left to the left, and going away from him he steps forward...it's funny to watch, he, of course, is oblivious to what he's doing. We just give hime his box to stand in.
lol I can so picture this being done!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
You find it annoying? Let someone get infront of you and your car going 65 plus MPH and see how annoyed you get.

I don't get annoyed becuase i know how why they do it, i have NEVER complained when someone gets in my way, and i'm not leaning right OVER its my radio on the drivers stand!

I agree 100%. NEVER yell at a marshal.
Even the marshalls that flip my car onto its roof? it seems funny now but even another driver thought it was plain stupidy on the marshall's behalf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.