R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav_lova
Even the marshals that flip my car onto its roof? it seems funny now but even another driver thought it was plain stupidity on the marshal's behalf
i agree,
the marshal has a responsibility to set the car on the track facing the general direction that it needs to go and making sure that its not set down in front of oncoming cars.
that way it wont ruin the race or qualifier for any cars involved in the resulting kaos
Remember guys, we should marshal as we would prefer our cars marshal'd,
that way there will be less yelling from the drivers stand
Old 12-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
I'm a person who leans on the handrail when i race i find it the only way to get comfortable and find my groove So it is kind of annoying to me as well as other drivers as i'm always being told to lean back
How would you feel if the guy standing next to you held up a sign to one side of your head so you can't see your car when its on his side of the track and you crash, causing you to flame out and DNF? That is what YOU are doing to the rest of the drivers who are standing straight up. I'm sure you are really comfortable leaning over because you get a better view of the track at the other drivers expense. Now don't think I'm all high and mighty and better then thow. I used to want to lean when I started racing too. I had a couple of good friends showing me the ropes back then and they taught me to stand up. Yes it was harder, the drivers to either side of me got into my periferial (sp) vision and distracted me, and it was less comfortable, but I became a better racer because of it. If you get a driver next to you sticking his head between your eyes and your car at the end of the straight and you punch the end of the straight because of it, I imagine you would be really upset. Standing up straight just ensures an even playing field for all the drivers.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
How would you feel if the guy standing next to you held up a sign to one side of your head so you can't see your car when its on his side of the track and you crash, causing you to flame out and DNF? That is what YOU are doing to the rest of the drivers who are standing straight up. I'm sure you are really comfortable leaning over because you get a better view of the track at the other drivers expense. Now don't think I'm all high and mighty and better then thow. I used to want to lean when I started racing too. I had a couple of good friends showing me the ropes back then and they taught me to stand up. Yes it was harder, the drivers to either side of me got into my periferial (sp) vision and distracted me, and it was less comfortable, but I became a better racer because of it. If you get a driver next to you sticking his head between your eyes and your car at the end of the straight and you punch the end of the straight because of it, I imagine you would be really upset. Standing up straight just ensures an even playing field for all the drivers.
Its not my head in their way its the top of my radio, looking at pics of race days i'm one of about 4-5 other who also do it.

I have peoples radio get in my vision, but i deal with it. I don't see the need to inform every single person that does it how annoying it can be
Old 12-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:

I have peoples radio get in my vision, but i deal with it. I don't see the need to inform every single person that does it how annoying it can be
This thread is about etiquette and I can see that you are always going to see yourself as being right so we need to just move on.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:01 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

[QUOTE=razzor]To the guys who get caught up in the action and cant stand still ,they very distracting to other drivers with there radio aerials waving around like they caught a big fish.Please change your habits or take some Calmetes before the event.[QUOTE]

I'm one of those Samurai kind of drivers. It is a bad habit, but I attribute it to my Samurai training as it allows me to be one with car. I'll be practicing the erection technique for 2007
Old 12-18-2006, 07:03 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Some other general track etiquettes

1) avoid yelling at other drivers on the driver's stand; that could lead to good ass whippin.

2) If your car is F%$ked up, take it off the track before you cause a costly collision.

3) (For the pit guys) Do not make any adjustments on anyone's car if they did not ask. Your intentions may be well but just don't do it.

4) If your car happens to die in an unfortunate spot, please alert the other drivers by pissing on there leg (that will cause them to stop their car immediately and focus on you.

Last edited by blanks596; 12-18-2006 at 07:18 AM.
blanks596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596

4) If your car happens to die in an unfortunate spot, please alert the other drivers by pissing on there leg (that will cause them to stop their car immediately and focus on you.
schufflerbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

these are great ideas good one blue shirt
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #24
Tech Adept

seriosly do people really bleed and fart on each other, dude god damn,
and as for marshalling it really sucks when you have a marshall standing upright in the infield of the track, major distraction

i so cant believe ppl fart and stab each other, dude this is sposed to be fun....
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #25

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

1. Dont hog space , if someone is in your qualifier main and comes up and theres no room. Make room , dont put on the blinders.

2. Dont hack after someone passes you. All too many times I observe a talented driver pass some frenzied driver and after that the next corner the looser ends up barely using the brakes or uses too much gas to compensate as if they could catch the person who passed them bys momentum. This either wrecks the good driver or as the good driver turns you end up plowing past him and wrecking others on a turn or yourself which causes a mid corner road block wrecking incoming drivers. This is my #1 problem I see with in-experienced or just plain ignorant drivers.

3. Just dont hack! or overdrive to just keep up with someone or the whole crowd. Go at your quickest and safest pace. Find your groove use apex's and try out those brakes , they do wonders for your car. If you loose , then you loose , dont take out other drivers just because you want to play with the rest of them.

4. Screaming , yelling , acting a fool , unless the marshals are all acting like they are on a smoke break when your car is upside down way too long and no one is calling for you (announcers). Then its ok to say car upside down or CARRRRRR in the middle or whever it may be.

5. For those using crystals. Wait for the guy to actually bring back the frequency tag before you turn on your tx and start mashing around on the throttle. Ive brought my car in and had it sitting in the pit lane , luckily facing the wall. When I see my car turn into a mad bull wacking the wall several times.

6. And 6 , the ultimate of all. If you plan on eating snackies on the stand you must bring enough to share with everyone. LOL
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

I have an M11 AND weak wrists, so can I lean on the drivers stand? ;-)

Ive only raced once, but been in the drivers stand for over a year:

Please ask nicely if the guy next to you is bugging you, dont yell scream or curse. First time I raced, the others nicely asked, and it made the evening quite enjoyable.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRED5
One of the fastest guys at our track moves around constantly, if his car is going right, he steps to the right, when it's coming at him he steps back, left to the left, and going away from him he steps forward...it's funny to watch, he, of course, is oblivious to what he's doing. We just give hime his box to stand in.

So you have a driver line dancing on the stand? is he any good?
Paradoxmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:15 PM   #28
Tech Elite

I respect the rail on the drivers stand. I have seen too many guys lean over the edge and block the view. I have also seen during a indoor race where the electric guys threw a guy over the rail. If you have to lean on the rail, be at the end of the stand. I just don't trust the drivers stand rail.

I am also a rhythm driver. I move my controller like I'm bringing in a fish, but I am aware of it. Mainly during off road racing. I just keep back so that the others can see. I haven't caught anything yet though..
Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
I respect the rail on the drivers stand. I have seen too many guys lean over the edge and block the view. I have also seen during a indoor race where the electric guys threw a guy over the rail. If you have to lean on the rail, be at the end of the stand. I just don't trust the drivers stand rail.

I am also a rhythm driver. I move my controller like I'm bringing in a fish, but I am aware of it. Mainly during off road racing. I just keep back so that the others can see. I haven't caught anything yet though..
I have to agree that leaning over the rail is one of my biggest pet peeves. Please neal down and talk to your pit man closer to the bottom of the rail. This will avoid a large number of issues. Keep up the good comments guys! Hopefull some of the people that read this and don't comment learn a thing or two.

Sorry bro, but I haven't caught anything either so can't help you out there. Wait, I have caught a little bit of Sh*t every now and then. Later!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:52 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRED5
One of the fastest guys at our track moves around constantly, if his car is going right, he steps to the right, when it's coming at him he steps back, left to the left, and going away from him he steps forward...it's funny to watch, he, of course, is oblivious to what he's doing. We just give hime his box to stand in.

You should set up a nintendo Wii at the track.....get him to burn off some energy..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote