Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway) >

SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)

SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)

Old 07-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Default SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)

Why is this track being ignored by the On-road Guys? it seems that this track
is nice enough to race. it is big and there is an elevation change just like some track overseas specially Europe. what seems to be the problem? 1/8 scale cars will be at home for this size of track as well as 1/10 pending right engine and gearing. I never seen this track ever been packed with on-roaders. I am curious....
Old 07-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

What is the location of this track. Is it in Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Sun Valley CA. outside Los angeles.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I used to race at Sun Valley Speedway, but they never put up big races anymore .
I like Revelation Raceway because they have free lunch and awards for the winners even on club races .
Old 07-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

I am sure when racers starts to show up it will change. I was also told that the location was not desirable(industrial site).
Old 07-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

SV is a great track and tell Marvin that Fraz from NorCal says hi. There are a few probs with SV.

1) No promotion of events.
2) Track is a little too big. Designed for 1/5 scale and the tallest 1/8 scale gearing isn't enough. 1/10 scale gearing isn't even close to tall enough. You end up straining motors and stretching rods. You can run large tires but the track is fairly abrasive and you go through big tires quickly.
3) Hard to see sedans far away at end of straight.
4) Lack of organization.
5) Location, location, location. When you have Crystal Park and Revelation located much closer to the core of the racers in SoCal and regular organized races there, it's an uphill battle. I travel from NorCal and I race at all of these tracks so I don't count
6) Radio hits from offroad guys who don't give a sh__. This has been a problem since the offroad track went up. It happened enough times that people got mad at folding up their $2000-3000 1/8 and 1/5 scales because somebody with an RTR was careless and nobody in charge controlled the situation.

I have personally logged thousands of laps there and enjoy the track and the layout. At one race I got clocked at 73MPH on the back straight with my 1/8 scale and that was flying.

It is not a commentary to Marvin as these has been the same problems with KZ since the beginning with Karlton. Some of this can be corrected with the right promotion and a little effort but somebody has to be willing to do the work.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yo Fraz,

Are you coming down to CP for the Pro Series?

L8R!
Brad
Old 07-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fraz
SV is a great track and tell Marvin that Fraz from NorCal says hi. There are a few probs with SV.

2) Track is a little too big. Designed for 1/5 scale and the tallest 1/8 scale gearing isn't enough...I have personally logged thousands of laps there and enjoy the track and the layout. At one race I got clocked at 73MPH on the back straight with my 1/8 scale and that was...
Out of curiousity, what was your fastest lap there?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

19-20 sec
Old 07-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by manokgt4
19-20 sec
You did 19-20? Nice!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

now that is what you call a constructive criticism. that was put together very nicely. Hey Fraz, how about the attitude of the locals?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 007kel
You did 19-20? Nice!
yeah.. the track that time was hooked..

2-3 years ago(Karlton time) a couple of us kz local 1/8 scalers put up a race where locals from KZ and locals from Rev (ie, Leo V, Ron C, Mike Atherton, Ron Rosetti, Turbo tony.....just to name a few put up a race just to know and hang out and have some good racing) probably about 18-20 1/8th racers. It was very successfull. But then when Karlton was gone, the on-road track was pretty much for 1/5th scale not including off road though. Steve Dunn(offroad) always puts out a good show and the attendance is always descent.
Now, since Richard is the new owner not Marvin... I do not think he doing a lot to promote his track..
Old 07-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

There is some truth to that with Richard not fully promoting an onroad event other than just club racing. He did say we (locals) could organize an onroad racing event there, but I don't have any experience with that. Frankly it's the offroaders and Steve Dunn bringing in most of the revenue for the track. The NATC (1/5th scale onroaders) holds a few of their races there. But that's not to say that SV hasn't been looked at regarding nitro on road racing, SV almost got a certain racing "series" out there...but that didn't pan out.

As far as the frequency conflicts with the onroaders and offroaders, you don't see that many situations. Alot of the guys are running DSM's and Nomadios. But yes, monitoring the frequencies could be done better.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Where could I find pics of the track. Just curious...
Old 07-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Luke W
Where could I find pics of the track. Just curious...

http://www.onlinerc.com/arialview.htm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.