Wiki Posts
Search

Cirrus servos

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 05:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Cirrus servos

Hi,

Does anyone has any experience with the CS-75MG Coreless servo? I am debating to get either this or the Hitec 625mg for my V one R. Does anyone has any suggestions as to which is a powerful enough servo to get to make the car competitive?
Old 11-13-2001, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

I would go with the Hitec. I use the 645mg little less speed than the one your looking at but more torque. I never have used cirrus and I don't think many people run them. Never had a problem with one I use which has been about a year now. Just remeber the more speed you have in the servo the more twitchy the car is going to be. Also the hitec comes with a 2 year warrenty which is realy nice.
Old 11-13-2001, 03:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Dan,

What kind of car are you running the 645mg on? Does it make much difference in speed when comparing .08, .13, or .18 in a servo? I noticed the 625mg has 93oz. Do you think that's enough for a touring car to be competitive? thanks.
Old 11-13-2001, 06:40 PM
Tech Rookie

I am running an onfa Ob4 with a RB.12 and many aluminum hop ups. The speed will make a fair amount of differnces. I would try to stick around with .13 for speed. 93 oz is more than necary, but the more you have the better. Another thing to look at is holding power. When you get into faster cars, there will be a greater amount of force on the servo when entering the corner. If the servo doesn't have enough holding power it will just give away ( thats why we have servo savers). This has happend to me when I was using a standard servo in my old HPI. When I entered a corner the wheels would just wobble back and forth making it harder to drive. I've heard of some people running that servo in there cars. I would guess its probley the same as mine. I like the .13 speed because its right in the middle. Not to fast and bot to slow. As far as competitiveness goes, a servos not going to make any differnce if the drivers no good or has uncositant lines. And rember to pick up a good servo saver for your knew servo.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have any feedback on KO PROPO digital servos or JR digital servos?

got_speed?
Old 12-13-2001, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by got_speed?
Does anyone have any feedback on KO PROPO digital servos or JR digital servos?

got_speed?
I've been using KO Propo Digital Servos for a couple of years now and they are the best servos I've ever used. Fast, accurate, and plenty of torque.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have any tech info on KOPROPO PS-1012 Servo? This must be an old servo. I could not find any reference for it in KOPRPPO's uk site.

got_speed?