Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
TC3 pull start w/ starter box question.. >

TC3 pull start w/ starter box question..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC3 pull start w/ starter box question..

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default TC3 pull start w/ starter box question..

i have a RTR TC3, and i recently got a starter box, and its been working out wonderful.

but ive been reading around, and see a conversion kit, with basically takes away the pull cord and uses a closed front cover?

is it necessary to update the engine with a non-pull start cover... whats the difference?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Well, having a pull start is handy but adds weight. making it non pull start is just the opposite. lighter but not handy because u need to get a starter box. If your a competetive racer, upgrade because of the less weight. if you just have fun with friends and you dont seriously race, dont upgrade because there is a cost and if you feel like goin out just for a quick run, you have to drag out all your stuff. Hope that helps.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Tech Initiate

OK, I gotcha..

i was just wondering if AE recommended doing teh change over kit when using a start box, cuz it would damage the engine, or something.. cuz i still have the pull start on my TC3, and im using a starter box also.. so don't really see any serious draw backs.

i used to drag race imports, so i know about weights.. i guess i'll browse ebay, and wait for the conversion parts to hit auctions.