R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   G4S Chassis bend (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/138772-g4s-chassis-bend.html)

uniquexme 11-30-2006 04:40 PM

G4S Chassis bend

guys, m running the stock G4S chassis, but after a few months of racing and crashing, i found out recently when i was setting my car that the chassis has bent. i was told to remove the chassis and use a hammer to get it straight. do u think it would help? i personally feel that it will bent again sometimes when u crash again. i think the new chassis is wat i need.

BIGTACO 11-30-2006 09:22 PM

Anytime a soft metal like aluminum is compromised after a bend it will never be the same. To try and bend it back will only make things worse. The next time you hit something with any force the weakest point, being your compromised chassis will be a nice exit point for the force. I would say if your serious about racing then replace it. If you just drive in parking lots every once in a while bend it back.

My 2.4 cents...

Bundy_Bear 12-01-2006 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by uniquexme
guys, m running the stock G4S chassis, but after a few months of racing and crashing, i found out recently when i was setting my car that the chassis has bent. i was told to remove the chassis and use a hammer to get it straight. do u think it would help? i personally feel that it will bent again sometimes when u crash again. i think the new chassis is wat i need.

Ohhh no not another bend chassis... I did this to mine a fortnight ago. i am not sure i had a big enough shunt to bend the chassis, so i of the believe atm that it might not have been straight out of the box.

Can't confirm this though :eek:

BB

XNXIXTXRXOX 12-01-2006 04:34 AM

Man, really must have hit sumthing because i once hit a curb at about half speed. the drive shaft was bent like mad but the chassis appeared alright. i think mine flexed and then went bak. If you have the money to buy a new one and also that your racing, get a new one. if not, wait till you "need" a new one. Good luck.

razzor 12-01-2006 04:52 AM

For the chassis to bend ,it must have had a good hit.
I have crashed my car a few times and had a runaway and the chassis is still ok.
Id straiten it and make a decision for a new one if car is awkward to setup.

uniquexme 12-01-2006 04:58 PM

yeah, so bad, rite now its bend back to straight, but then last nite when i was setting my car again, it appear to be bent, so i hold the whole car and bend it using the edge of a table, now it seems to be straight, but i am sure if today i crash again, it will go back to it states. so sad!!! :cry:

G4S'er 12-02-2006 09:10 AM

I have found when you screw all your bulkheads and side plates into the chassis that the chassis will have a slight bow in the rear. If you loosen the screws of everything in the latter part of the chassis, side plates also, then as mentioned us the edge of the table to straighten the chassis then tighten screws back in, the bow is gone. The bow in the rear in not real bad but bugs me!!!

The new 4mm chassis that just came out should eliminate this problem, and help also with those big crashes!!!

Stk#K14127

schufflerbot 12-04-2006 06:28 AM

I also run a G4S and my chassis is a little bit bent as well. Mine was due to an unlucky encounter with a 33" tire on a Ford F-150, but a bend is a bend.

Just to let you know, there is an obvious tweak and bend in my chassis after it was run over. I ordered a replacement fuel tank and handle from www.racedayhobbies.com and put them on the car this weekend.

Even with the bent chassis, this G4S was hauling ass around that track... I also purchased some GQ tires for the rear and dude... I couldnt even tell it had ever been compromised.

I wouldnt worry too much about the bend, but I would suggest that your next 'hop up' purchase be a 4mm chassis.

uniquexme 12-04-2006 07:10 PM

yeah, definitely will get that chassis soon.

schufflerbot 12-05-2006 07:20 AM

have you seen this chassis?

it's available through www.racedayhobbies.com

http://teammagic.com.tw/INS/K%20Fact.../800-K1499.jpg

G4S'er 12-05-2006 07:58 AM

That chassis shown K1499 can be used with the G4S however the rear belt tensioner does not fit on there. Now we have the new 4mm chassis in Titanium color available for the G4S. Stk # K14127.

dnitro 12-05-2006 09:12 AM

Everytime I go on the track, I check for chasis bend. If it is there, I would unloosen the screws attached to the front plastic bracket (6 screws), the bottom screw attached to the steering servo, and the screws attached to the tranponder holder. Just like G4ser said, bent it back against the edge of the table, and tighten the screws. Even with a slight bend, the car still handles great.

I thought the chasis was actually bent, but when I removed the chasis and layed it on the table, it was flat as a board.

The old G4 (mongoose) chasis had this inherent problem because of alignment issue, but not quite obvious on the the G4s.

uniquexme 12-05-2006 04:43 PM

yeah, my frenz use that k1499 on his G4S coz he can't wait for the new 14127 to come out. well, belt tensioner is above the rear bulk head.

ickvanovs 12-05-2006 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by uniquexme
yeah, my frenz use that k1499 on his G4S coz he can't wait for the new 14127 to come out. well, belt tensioner is above the rear bulk head.

any improvement on handling?

uniquexme 12-05-2006 10:50 PM

well, not much difference i think, only thing is that its 4mm thick. but definitely the new 14127 gonna be the best, shall get mine when i head over to HK after CNY