R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-30-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC
Hi Osiris,

but you got the STI Version that is kinda "Factory Tuned" from Sirio. Can you compare this to the EFRA Version of the EVO III i'm running?

Besides that i heard about changing the carburator on the Sirio and use one from Novarossi. Can anyone post his experience about that?

Thanks for the answers. I'm kinda enlightened right now, that i did not chose the "wrong" engine, although i'll think to give the OS Speed Tuned a try next year.
I haven't seen the EFRA version, but I would recommend you get the one I have. And Murnan moifies the one I have, and even sells it with the ceramic bearings. I would post a message on his link, he might be able to give you a better idea, or just check his website. I actually bought my Sirio from him!!
Murnanmodified.com

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:22 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

tnc, i have both motors the evo III sti & the ostz speed none of the two are modified and the sirio is much much much much much faster and reliable. i had to change piston and sleeve after a 1.5 gallon in the os.
pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:01 PM   #18
TNC
Tech Rookie

The answers are getting better and better Thanks guys.

@Osiris: I already talked to Mr. Murnan and i'm going to send my EVO III to him to let it modify. The estimated costs will be 225$ with Ceramic Bearings front and rear.

Unfortunately Murnan is not yet that popular in Germany than in the states, but i really hope, that'll change some day. We got a lot of "own called" modifiers here too, but well...

I'm already looking forward to see the workmanship from Murnan by myself.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC

@Osiris: I already talked to Mr. Murnan and i'm going to send my EVO III to him to let it modify. The estimated costs will be 225$ with Ceramic Bearings front and rear.

Unfortunately Murnan is not yet that popular in Germany than in the states, but i really hope, that'll change some day. We got a lot of "own called" modifiers here too, but well...

Good choice!
I think I still want to try the Nova Plus 12-3. Between the Nova and the Sirio, they are supposed to be the best right now. I may wait until something happens to my Sirio, but if not, oh well...

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:23 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Im putting bids in for the OS Speed tuned..The sirio are nice and are fairly strong but speed tuned for me mate.. I reckon the Os can take a little more punishment than the Sirio as well. And they also like to run hot...They love it...
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:12 AM   #21
Tech Addict

The sirios do like to run hot but it really depends on your climate and tuning. I would not put a nova carb on a sirio because the sirio carb was built to suit the engine. I have not had any problems with my stock sirio evo III!
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:17 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC

good choice TNC
you'll find that murnan is a very good quality engine modifier and keep in mind that one of his engines powered the 3rd placed car at the world championships!!
An hour long main of constant punishment is a great test for an engine