Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
OS engines and company question >

OS engines and company question

OS engines and company question

Old 11-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default OS engines and company question

Well, I had an unfortunate incident with my RS4 3 SS after I got it running the other day, and one of the servo wires came loose and wrapped around the rear left wheel, which proceeded to rip my recevier off of the car...My OS .18 CV-R went to full rev and before I could run to it, the connecting rod broke. I took the engine apart, and it looks like that is all that is damaged amazingly. I took the engine off, and was thinking about sending it back for them to work on. My problem is, I have an engine mount stuck on by one screw (it's a hex and somewhat stripped) and the actually heatsink head is also stuck by two screws. I was going to send it back to see what kind of pricing they would charge to fix it, but I wanted to know if any of you have dealt with them before. I need my engine mount back, and if the engine for some reason isn't worth fixing, I was wondering if they would take what I have plus extra money for another engine (would probably end up being a pullstart instead of my current bumpstart. Anyway, let me know what you guys have experienced with them. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to pay as much as a new engine to repair it, but I also didn't know if that was the case, if they'd take what I gave them and add money to it for a new engine.

Thanks in advance.
Brandon
Old 11-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dude, I have personally dealt with OS in the past for warranty work. However your does not fall under warranty. But I can say that OS is very professional and easy to work with. I think your best bet is to call them derectly, or email them about your situation and concerns. You can try this number...217-398-0007. I don't have their email, however I have a web address...www.hobbyservices.com. Maybe take a look there and they might have a FAQ area or email. They will treat your right bro. Just let them know what is up. Good Luck bro!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Why not just repair it yourself? A connecting rod is pretty easy to change and will be much cheaper than paying someone else to fix it. Thats assuming nothing else is damaged or warped though.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I've thought about that, but I am at college and have limited tools and am having trouble getting the head off to check everything else out. I know it would be cheaper to do myself, but I also thought about having them convert it to pullstart while it's there. If it was too expensive, I'd just have them charge me however much extra, and give me a new engine in exchange for whatever credit they would give me for the parts that are good on the engine. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet, I can't decide but wanted people's opinions to possibly help me decide. If I had more tools here I'd definitely do it myself, although I don't so it's hard to.