Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Anyone use or own this? RC Chassis Dyno. >

Anyone use or own this? RC Chassis Dyno.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone use or own this? RC Chassis Dyno.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Anyone use or own this? RC Chassis Dyno.

http://www.rcdynosystems.com/Index.htm

has anyone ever used this dyno, or does anyone own one that can give some feedback?

it looks like a pretty neat machine and it would work for both electric and gas/nitro vehicles.

what are your thoughts on it?

cross posted from Racing forum, i didnt seem to get any responses over there.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

$1200 - $1800 ....ouch!!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

i bet for a Hobby store it would make a great tuning tool, also you could take it to races/events and charge people for pulls it would be kind of cool to see what your car actaully makes and you could tune the car for optimum horsepower/torque.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is cool. However I already tune for optimum performance on the track. Afterall engine and power tuning is pretty easy. It's usually fine tuning the chassis that makes you have faster lap times. Like I said, it looks like a fun tool, however a bit expensive to have a useless toy IMO. I can buy some pretty fast engines and another car for that sort of cash. Maybe the 500 dollar range would make me think about it more seriousley. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Check out one being used by a tuning shop in Australia. Look at the bottom of the page. http://www.massivemods.com.au/Services.php
Old 11-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

that looks like this dyno!

I have read countless post of people saying that dynos aren’t necessary and it makes me think of times when they used to say that in the automotive world but now dynos are a necessity to make big power, it makes me wonder about the R/C industry what if someone started using them as a tuning/performance tool and started winning races, would others conform to the new technology?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I honestly think if you were an engine modifier, this would be a VERY handy tool. Showing your results of different types of porting and timing, etc...But to own one personally, I couldn't see the point. It's just like full size dyno's like you mentioned, who uses those? Engine builders and PRO racers. Us street racers use them to see what out BHP is. Full sized racing which I have done and still dabble in have so many more variables to consider in regards to engine performance. Unless your willing to take your rc engine apart and start dremeling (which would be FUN!!! and expensive) I don't see the use. Tuning our rc engines takes experience, watch the top national and world drivers tune there engines. It's amazing how awesome they are. All without a dyno. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about power to the max, maybe it's just the cost that shy's me a way a bit, at least for personal use. It definately looks like fun to play with though! I would like to see one work in person to get a better opinion of this whole deal. Very SWEET machine nonetheless!