R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
Didn't they host the 5th scale Nats this year?
Yea, I think that a whole twenty five guys came. They only had them so ROAR would notice them. He could of made more money just having a weekly show. Also ROAR asked him to have the race at his track so he put in a bid. We only have three guys that have 1/5 scale cars.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
Do you know this as fact? Unless you know something that the rest of us don't, please don't make accusations that can't be substantiated.
No one will ever know this as a fact but alot of us are thinking it!
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
For the East Coast guys that have posted here that are upset for this event not being held at a venue closer to you, why don't you do this. Work on getting you car setup perfectly. Get as much drive-time/practice in as you can possible get to hone your skills. Then, come on down to Porter, TX and kick everyones butt at the event and show them that you are the man.

Complaining about it here will not change the decision. Just come on down to the event, have fun, and make some new friends while you are visiting.

Mr Jlock,

Maybe you see it as complaining....on the other hand we as a whole are simply voicing our opinion....and I know for a fact that there will be several boys from the east coast laying it down including DJ.....I also know that Dj and myself and several others travel long distances for major events and we will continue to do so...we are trying to let the powers that be realize that we are aware of the sitiuation and we are not satisfied..
Old 11-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
WOW, did I press a wrong button. If you notice I quoted Jim Rice, whom said he put in a bid. Last I checked they a facility that has proven themselves.
Dude, I just don't like unproven accusations thrown out there without proof to back it up. That is how flaming posts and bad blood get started here. I just like to stick with the facts.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #50
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Mr Jlock,

Maybe you see it as complaining....on the other hand we as a whole are simply voicing our opinion....and I know for a fact that there will be several boys from the east coast laying it down including DJ.....I also know that Dj and myself and several others travel long distances for major events and we will continue to do so...we are trying to let the powers that be realize that we are aware of the sitiuation and we are not satisfied..
Robert,
I was wondering what else u have done beside post here to let the powers that be know you are not satisfied. I can almost bet you that they aren't reading this thread.
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Robert,
I was wondering what else u have done beside post here to let the powers that be know you are not satisfied. I can almost bet you that they aren't reading this thread.

I wrote ten letters to roar I have also been calling them repeatedly about this matter.. Hopefully they find out some how......
Old 11-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Let me end my posts with this and I will not reply in this post anymore. I am not saying anything bad about the facility that got the event and I look foward to the 2007 nationals. Yes I will hone my skills and be ready, hope everyone does the same. I started this thread to state my opinion, which I will do whenever I feel the need. Thank God for the United States and freedom of speech. It seems to me that the selection was not done in a fair manor, that is all I am saying. Hope to see everyone at the nationals, I am already excited and we still have a whole year to go. Congrats to the track that got the venue.

D.J. Apolaro
Dude, keep stating your opinions. That is what this country has always been about. Open healthy discussion is how progress is made.

Last edited by JLock; 11-25-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #53
Tech Master

Quote:
I wrote ten letters to roar I have also been calling them repeatedly about this matter.. Hopefully they find out some how......
I will tell you the same thing you need to convey your thoughts to the On-Road fuel chairman Mike Myers, That is the first place to start.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

Anyhow....By the look of the facility for the 07 nats ...looks real sweet...cannot wait for this race...I want to make it out there before hand to get some practice in.....Jlock whats the best time to go out there before the nats...any tune-up races...
Old 11-25-2006, 11:04 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I will tell you the same thing you need to convey your thoughts to the On-Road fuel chairman Mike Myers, That is the first place to start.

That shouldnt be to hard...he lives over here on the east side and comes to several races...
Old 11-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #56
Tech Master

Quote:
That shouldnt be to hard...he lives over here on the east side and comes to several races...
I would also talk to your Region Director,This is part of the Problem that Faces ROAR. People don't like what takes place and they vent on here but never do anything else so no one in ROAR mangement gets this information so the same old thing keeps being the same old thing.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Quote:
Mr Jlock,

Funny, most of us here in Texas was thinking how unfair it was that Ohio and Cali got most of the events this year. But, instead of griping about it, the ones that could afford to go went and the rest of us kept the club scene going and support our racers from the homestead.

I really don't see it as complaining. You have a right to your opinion. But, all the posting here will not change the fact that the Porter, TX facility got the event for 2007.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:20 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Anyhow....By the look of the facility for the 07 nats ...looks real sweet...cannot wait for this race...I want to make it out there before hand to get some practice in.....Jlock whats the best time to go out there before the nats...any tune-up races...
The is the Speedline race in March and probably an RC Pro Series race before the Nats (just speculation on the RC Pro race). They are suppose to hold local club races the 1st and 3rd weekend of the month starting next year. Check with Jeff Parker on any other details.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:46 PM   #59
Tech Fanatic

There will be an RC Pro event at Gulf Coast. Steve and Jeff are working out the dates now but the current discussion has it in october.
RC Pro 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

While I have not been to all tracks in the US, when everything is considered, most folks who have been there will agree that Gulf Coast is easily the finest facility in the country right now. The track bathrooms are better that most of the bathrooms at the surrounding hotels!!. Congrats to the Gulf Coast crew for securing the 07 Touring Car Nats. Just a reminder to folks who have not raced this track......while pictures make the layout look very simple, this is a very technical track that requires a very precise driving line to make good time. If you cannot keep it on the paint every lap for 40-60 minutes you will be going backwards fast!! Good luck to all who attend this event.
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote