R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
Well atleast you voted that is more than most did.
I know it is a shame. By the way I was at your track for the rd logics race in 2005 and WOW, what a track and facility. Can not wait to run on the new surface. Hopefully in the near future. Remember guys my post is not to affend any people with track, just to make it fair.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Robert,
I think you will be in for some interesting reading.
Now you have me worried...
Old 11-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I know it is a shame. By the way I was at your track for the rd logics race in 2005 and WOW, what a track and facility. Can not wait to run on the new surface. Hopefully in the near future. Remember guys my post is not to affend any people with track, just to make it fair.
I remember when you were here. I don't think what you have said is unfair either. I think that you need to get in touch with Mike Myers and talk with him. Does he come to you club races at all?
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Now you have me worried...
Robert ever had the pleaseure of reading the Government tire regulations? This is almost the same thing.LMAO
Old 11-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
I remember when you were here. I don't think what you have said is unfair either. I think that you need to get in touch with Mike Myers and talk with him. Does he come to you club races at all?
Mike is too busy. We do not see much of him.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:02 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Mike is too busy. We do not see much of him.
I would call him or e-mail him and voice your concerns,after all he is the chairman of the on-road fuel com.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Default 2007 Sedan Nats in TX

Hi Guys,
My name is Roger Bourland. I am assiting Jeff Parker, manager of Gulf Coast Raceway, in preparing for the this event next year. Work has already begun and we are planning a BIG event with the comfort and enjoyment of the drivers and pit crews in mind. I am Sorry that the event is so far away from your location, but I promise that if you attend you will go home happy to have been here. We have several major events during the year that you may want to attend in order get to know the track. If you can't, then come early and you will enjoy. I am attaching a link that shows the track. I should point out that there are a lot of new additions going on as we prepare for this major event and they will be visable as we update the web site throughout the year. http://hometown.aol.com/GulfcoastRCTrack/gulfcoastrctrack.html
Please keep an open mind as to the location, come for the competition, and talk to your hobby shops to bidding for next year and you will get Texas racers to attend.

Ya'll Come and we will see you at the finish line,
Roger
Max Power/RC America - Mike's Hobby Shop - SRC Tires/RC America
Getting Faster With Age, Hope to see many more birthdays!
Woodlands Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:07 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2
I don't think they even gave 301 raceway a thought. The facility is really top notch. And there is so mucn pits space. It's would b a shame if ROAR is bias.
It is a shame that 301 was not given the national. The facility is top notch and not to mention that the surface was done over making it smooth as glass!!!
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer
Hi Guys,
My name is Roger Bourland. I am assiting Jeff Parker, manager of Gulf Coast Raceway, in preparing for the this event next year. Work has already begun and we are planning a BIG event with the comfort and enjoyment of the drivers and pit crews in mind. I am Sorry that the event is so far away from your location, but I promise that if you attend you will go home happy to have been here. We have several major events during the year that you may want to attend in order get to know the track. If you can't, then come early and you will enjoy. I am attaching a link that shows the track. I should point out that there are a lot of new additions going on as we prepare for this major event and they will be visable as we update the web site throughout the year. http://hometown.aol.com/GulfcoastRCTrack/gulfcoastrctrack.html
Please keep an open mind as to the location, come for the competition, and talk to your hobby shops to bidding for next year and you will get Texas racers to attend.

Roger
Facility Looks good an sounds great. I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 09:06 AM   #25
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands Racer
Hi Guys,
My name is Roger Bourland. I am assiting Jeff Parker, manager of Gulf Coast Raceway, in preparing for the this event next year. Work has already begun and we are planning a BIG event with the comfort and enjoyment of the drivers and pit crews in mind. I am Sorry that the event is so far away from your location, but I promise that if you attend you will go home happy to have been here. We have several major events during the year that you may want to attend in order get to know the track. If you can't, then come early and you will enjoy. I am attaching a link that shows the track. I should point out that there are a lot of new additions going on as we prepare for this major event and they will be visable as we update the web site throughout the year. [COLOR=Red]html www.hometown.aol.com

Roger
Very nice Facility, When is the Sedan Nationals?

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 11-24-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:47 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that track does look very nice. I'm sure you guys will do well with this event.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:51 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G
It is a shame that 301 was not given the national. The facility is top notch and not to mention that the surface was done over making it smooth as glass!!!
I am using this post as an example of how things are misunderstood. Like Richey stated earlier, tracks must bid on these ROAR events. The events are not just "given" to a track. If no tracks on the East Coast placed bids to get the event, then the complaints should be directed at the track owners, not ROAR. I am not a spokesman for ROAR and one of their harsher critics on how they rules and conduct their business, but if the rules are followed in the bidding process and the winning bid come in from a track not in your area, then not much complaining can be done.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:00 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
I am using this post as an example of how things are misunderstood. Like Richey stated earlier, tracks must bid on these ROAR events. The events are not just "given" to a track. If no tracks on the East Coast placed bids to get the event, then the complaints should be directed at the track owners, not ROAR. I am not a spokesman for ROAR and one of their harsher critics on how they rules and conduct their business, but if the rules are followed in the bidding process and the winning bid come in from a track not in your area, then not much complaining can be done.

Just wanted to interject here, that the 301 track did put the bid in for both 1/8th and 1/10th scale and in a timely manner.
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:07 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Being from the DFW area and just raced the RC Pro Series Finals at the track in Porter, TX that is hosting the event, this is one of the nicest venues that I have visited. Many of you that attended the event at Rendon, TX in 2005 and left disappointed with be thoroughly pleased with the Porter track and rest of their facilities. They have a full-service hobby shop at the track with Mugen, Delta/Kyosho, and Serpent parts, tires, and other miscellaneous things needed to keep racing. Track traction will not be an issue. The drivers' stand/pit area are very well set up. There are lexan body wash stations along with tire truing stations right behind the pit area. The drivers' stand is semi-air conditioned/ventilated so that you are not sweating your but off while racing. There are covered pit areas with A/C power outlets. There is a snack bar that is well stocked with an intercom system to broadcast when your order is ready. There are upstairs/downstairs observation areas along with an enclosed, air conditioned lounge area to eat and watch the races in confort. And, I am not mentioning the covered, open-sided offroad track at the west end of the onroad track. The pictures that are posted online don't do this facility justice. Come to this event next year, you will not be disappointed by the track, amenities, or the friendly people that run/own the Porter facility.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:11 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Just wanted to interject here, that the 301 track did put the bid in for both 1/8th and 1/10th scale and in a timely manner.
Well, as an accountant for a small construction company that bids on road/highway jobs in Texas, all I can say is sometimes your bids win jobs and sometimes your bids don't win jobs. That is all part of the bidding process. Sorry that the 301 track did not win this time, but, you can't fault the system that is being used, unless you know that it is being used in a dishonest manner.