R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #16

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Thats odd. If you ship direct through paypal , you use usps with delivery confirmation which is automatically selected. Then you should be covered. But then again it may have to be an ebay auction to be covered.

Also watch out for new fraud , people are using fake money orders all over craigslist. What happens is you goto your bank deposit money and everything looks fine and dandy.

Then 15 days later they find out the order is a fraud and tada....they rip the funds out of your wallet , scammer has product in hand and well your riding down the big one without the paddle.

CASH IS AND STILL REMAINS KING. Never deal out of state and never deal with anything but cash...trust me.

If someone wants something , they can send cash via fedex and insure it. Theres way to many loopholes being exploited these days.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Report it to the police, and provide paypal with the police incident number. The police probably will not do anything and they will probably be reluctant to take your details down, persist with the police it will show you are genuine.
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Who is this punk Mother F**ker? Well we all here would love to bang with this guy (destroy him). But just be smarter then him and be persistant with the authorities and whomever you can use. I know that both the cops and Paypal won't be a big help to you...but use all and any resorce you can. There are "investigation" sites for find where people live etc. Like Net detective and so on. It's worth a shot. If this dude has done this once, he'll probably try again, and we want to prevent another victim from this A-hole! Be assured that all of us here will keep our eyes and ears open for you and get the word out. Word of mouth is the most powerful tool we have. Good luck bro.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #19

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Just say you let him borrow it and call the police. They will goto his house with you and say this guy is nutty and show them all the photos and reciepts of it if possible....persuasion should get him to hand it over with all that going on.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:17 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

whys don't you put him in the trader feedback section.

If you shipped the item to the paypal confirmed address. I'm assuming you would find the person there.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

hey freelance,
Good luck guy... hope u get your kit back. Hope to c u back at the track.
BongR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:51 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Money order....only accept USPS money order (no other M.O or personal check, period). If you do receive the M.O...do not ship the item, call the M.O's phone number and confirm the payment is legit or not. DO NOT cash that M.O. untill you confirmed that payment.

About paypal...........if you cashed out all the funding to your personal bank account after received from the buyer. What can PAYPAL do if the buyer pulling a SCAM like the above...? Will paypal bill your credit card? Bill your personal checking account...? This is a question I always want to know...so far I am very carefull and lucky with all my deal, and no incident so far on paypal and ebay....

I heard so many paypal trouble that they are NEVER protecting the SELLER, they protect the BUYER more....but I know CC is protecting the card holder the most.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

PayPal doesn't protect the Buyer, nor do they protect the Seller! Seems like the only one they protect is the scammer! More and more people are finding out all the ways around the "secure" PayPal

What can they do... They can suck the money right out of your bank account (been there, amazing how they can do that) or put a lien against you (wait till you go to buy a car or house).

FREELANCE, at least this guys in the same country, heck it sounds like hes in the same state. Your already miles ahead of most of us that have been scammed. Don't let him get away with it!
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #24
Tech Adept

was wondering if you took the paypal money out straight away, i.e transferred it to bank account, could paypal re-take the money back when the buyer lodges a complaint?
BlueR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara
Money order....only accept USPS money order (no other M.O or personal check, period). If you do receive the M.O...do not ship the item, call the M.O's phone number and confirm the payment is legit or not. DO NOT cash that M.O. untill you confirmed that payment.

About paypal...........if you cashed out all the funding to your personal bank account after received from the buyer. What can PAYPAL do if the buyer pulling a SCAM like the above...? Will paypal bill your credit card? Bill your personal checking account...? This is a question I always want to know...so far I am very carefull and lucky with all my deal, and no incident so far on paypal and ebay....

I heard so many paypal trouble that they are NEVER protecting the SELLER, they protect the BUYER more....but I know CC is protecting the card holder the most.

Paypal do protect them only, they do not protect buyer and seller neither.

Two months ago, I bought some serpent parts from a Singapore person, the total is $25.54. Since the guy didn't send the stuff to me over a month and I raised a dispute on paypal and they didn't help anyway, the more ridiculous is the dispute fee is $25. Therefore I gave up to dispute and my money sank to the deep sea finally. I am not the only victim actually, there're five more victims and left negative feedback on that seller. Later on, the seller terminated the ebay account within a week.

Ebay is also sucks too. They only know to earn money but won't help anyone to solve the problem. That's why I never reply their survey.

Don't think you can dispute by your credit card company, since you have an agreement with paypal when you use it. The money after transferred to paypal, credit card company cannot help you to dispute anymore unless they double charge you on the bill.

Buying stuff from LHS or some good reputation online shops is better. For selling stuff, just pray to the god, hope he will bless you and protect you. Beside nobody could help.

blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:57 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelong
if you get his address send him a box that weighs about as much as the car.... like with a brick in it.

send paypal the tracking number to prove he got his package
It's a really good idea, I second that!
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueR1
was wondering if you took the paypal money out straight away, i.e transferred it to bank account, could paypal re-take the money back when the buyer lodges a complaint?

If your asking me.....Yes they took the money out of my personal account. There was nothing in my PayPal account.

One thing you have to realize... PayPal is not going to lose!
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Stolen Mugen

This happened to me at a cost of over $640.00 for a Mugen MRX4 with an a--hole in Boston.If the item was not sold through E-Bay, then Pay-Pal will do nothing about it, period. <unfourtunatley,even though it sucks>
Go to google.com and search under Mail Fraud, and file a claim. It is a Federal offense. Then search under Internet Fraud <google.com> and file the same claim. Once you file these claims, then contact the Police Dept. in his city. Even if they start to give you a run around, be persistant. I live in So. Ca. and the S.O.B. that ripped me off lives in Boston. The Police Dept. where I live actually started tracking him down by contacting the Police Dept. in his city. I had a detective in my city working on it for a while, and the case is still open. If you have any friends in law enforcement,they can contact the police dept. where he lives and maybe rattle his cage by letting him know that there are federal charges being filed against him.
Dont give up,and be very PERSISTANT.
Make note of all the e-mails, Pay-Pal transaction, everything you can that pertains to the sale of the item
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Beware of Jordy Pun aka Bryen Gato the scammer.

This is an update on the paypal dispute from last year.

After I reported Jordy Pun at FBI website and the paypal finally favored to give the money to me. I withdraw the money from paypal and deposited to my bank.

But Jordy Pun still won't give up, he filed another paypal dispute for unauthorized transaction. So now I can no longer use my paypal account due to negative amount on my paypal and Jordy Pun still trying to get the money even though he already received the item.

He might have seen this thread and really pissed off 'coz he can't sell or run the car 'coz somebody might recognize it.

So I asked everybody who have read this forum to watch out for this scammer. He uses bry_gatz as his user id on ebay and all the information he kept private, so don't bid on ebay seller that uses private on their feedbacks and number of bidders.
Attached Thumbnails
STOLEN MUGEN MTX4-sale01.jpg  
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #30
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I heard Dennis and Tony Clark also got ripped off by this scammer for $450.00 about 2 weeks ago, he used a SMP SLIDE as a bait (For sale at E-bay) after paying they never got the car.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote