R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-05-2006, 06:38 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Default GET IT RIGHT

TONE"
IF JAMES HONORS HIS WORD. I THINK WE WILL ALL BENEFIT FROM THE CHANGES ESPECIALLY IF HE KEEPS HIS WORD AND HAS A OPEN MIND TO THE RACE COMMUNITY SUCH AS BEING WILLING TO EXCEPT HELP BEING OFFERED(YOU,GLENN,ROBBIE,BRIAN ETC,) ALSO HOW WILL WE KNOW IF HE NEEDS HELP WITHOUT HIM USING THAT SAME MIC TO ASK ?? NOW FOR THE RECORD JAMES HAS BEEN COOL AT TIMES AND NOT AT OTHERS, IT DEPENDS ON WHAT MOOD HE'S IN THAT DAY, SO MAYBE NOW WE ALL WILL KNOW WHAT EXPECT WHEN WE COME TO CP , NOW SAYING THAT I GOT ONE MINUTE TO GET MY CAR STARTED AND CHECK IN FOR MY MAIN WITH NO WARM UP TIME WHICH WAS STRAIGHT BULLS*@T ON TOP OF THAT I WASN'T HAPPY ABOUT A MAIN SHORTER THAN THE QUALS . AND I RACE THERE AT LEAST 2 X A MONTH DRIVING 104mi UP AND 104mi BACK , BUT WE ALL [email protected]#K-UP SOMETIMES SO I WILL GIVE THE BROTHA" ANOTHER SHOT AT GETTING IT RIGHT BECAUSE CP" WHEN IT'S RIGHT IS THE SHIZZNIT!!!. I WILL HOLLA AT JAMES AND PUT THIS BEHIND US. SO WE CAN GET OUR RACE ON IN 2007

FASRICK
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturbotony
WE ALL KNOW JAME'S F.....D UP! WE ALL KNOW HOW HE IS BUT STILL CRYSTAL PARK IS A GREAT PLACE TO RACE.I WENT AND TALKED TO HIM TODAY AND HE TOLD ME IT IS ALL TO CHANGE AS FAR AS THE RACING PROGRAM GOES. THERE WILL BE EARLIER STARTS,QUALIFIERS ACCORDING TO WHAT THE RACERS WANT.I TOLD HIM YOUR COMPLAINTS AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE IS WILLING TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS.ALSO NEXT THE WHOLE RACE SCENE WILL BE BETTER.I TOLD HIM THAT I WOULD HELP MAKE TRACK&RACING BETTER!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Done for Now

I have raced at CP since day one. I live out of town and it's a two and a half hour commute for me to come out on race day to race. That's my choice. I race when I can since the job and other things keep me from the track sometimes.....but I have been racing 1/8 since 1993 and will keep on racing until there is no track to race on. I have always pushed CP Raceway as in my opinion...the "other track" is too small for 1/8 for my taste. I will now start racing 1/8 there as well as 1/10 there. Some problems in my opinion that need to be addressed are:

1) The place needs to be cleaned up...period. There is crap all over the place. A nice clean enviroment only makes people want to come out and race more.
2) More structure......racing on Sundays NEEDS to start on time at the same time all the time. Having a club race with about 15 to 20 racers and leaving at 5 to 6 pm is bogus. Way too late for the amount of people.
3) The music.....while I appreciate the music....during quals and mains racers need and like to hear their cars so they can make adjustments.....but you can't hear it with the music. Play the music inbetween the heats but not diring the quals or mains.
4) Layout.....time for a change. Many cars were seen launching and breaking with the current layout. Many including myself liked the old layout better. It doesn't have to be the old one but another....more flowing one would be better.

These things seems petty to some but believe me they will keep other racers away. I and many others DO apprecaite the time and effort that has gone into the place.....but if you are going to take money and have races....I think that these things are the least that one expects from the business. I was there at the TFT race and was surprised at what I saw. So now....I came out and said my piece about what I thought. I know many others have not and will not chime in. Some might not like what I said but it needed to be said. These are my opinions and who am I...just another racer. I WILL NOT race at CP again until some of these matters are addressed. Good luck CP!!

Last edited by SRAD; 12-10-2006 at 02:29 PM.
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #63
Tech Rookie

Those that take the time to voice their opinion on this forum account for a very small percentage. I feel the Toys for Tots event to be an extension of the club races, where the racers start showing up at about 11:00 or so. I cant speak for everyone else, but I have family obligations to attend to on Sunday, and I cant waste time waiting for Reeso to wake up and get crackin on race day. Typical race weekends are called "The afternoon thing at Crystal Park", pertaining to how the weekend races are run. It was no surprise to see the Toys for Tots event run the same way.

Dont blame it on your computer or partner. There are no excuses as you had p l e n t y of time before the race to get situated. You didnt prepare, so you are to blame. You also mention in the post that you would like to make it up to people. The one thing you can't offer those who participated in this years race is their time. Do you think the racers that spent money on airfare from Florida or Maryland got a fair deal Reeso? I dont think these racers make arrangements to fly across the nation to race for three 10 minute qualifiers and run 5 mintute mains (in the dark), but I could be wrong. Did you even consider they had flights back home? What do you offer them?

I dont hate.... I just wont participate.
birel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #64
Tech Master

WOW!
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:05 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow, from the sounds of it, it sounds a lot like '05 TFT race. 3 hours in between rounds and mains in the dark. Hopefully someday CP will figure it out. Is there still the huge jump on the back straight? I have seen a few 8th scales go over the fence because of that.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #66
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I would like to thank Mike Swauger And Harry H. for all of the help.

It was a pleasure to meet Kris Moore and the rest of the Mugen guys at the race, I had a great time hanging out with all of you!!!!

Also want to say "THANKS" to all the people at the race track, I had a great time hanging out !!!

Hope to do it again next year,

Later,
Ira
Old 12-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #67
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Hey Ira not a problem ~ It was great to see you, Sohlman, the Sweenies, Paolo, Gianni, and the Whitneys make the trip out! Hope you enjoyed the Awesome weather!!!! See you in Feb.

Harry
Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Great to see you Harry, Swags, Huse, B.T., Ira, Strack, Calangi, Robbie, Kris, Kev, Dee, McMoney, C-Whit, Vince, Sweeney, Jane, "Gina" and all the other Mugen foolz. I probably had the farthest trip to take, but you guys always make me feel right at home...great peeps, good comp and plenty of laughs. I'll be back. See you bitches in FL.

Dumpster Steve
Old 12-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #69
Tech Addict

now that were pass all the negagitivity... [not that i disagree with people being mad and upset] i would like to say thanks to all the people who came out to the race this year, all my peeps from the bay (northern cali ) [ big Matt, jason, steve, scott,kevin, billy, and my boys harry and huse.... i had tons of fun with paolo and giavini ( not sure on the spelling) this year ...sorry about all the harrassment ...lol. C whit and vincent are some of the coolest guys and i can't wait to head out to maryland to run at 301 raceway; i know vincent is going to destroy me on the track. mark and jane sorry about the outcome of the race for you but it evens up our bet 1 to 1 : nationals didn't count you were racing the old man class..lol. soulman and ira its always cool kicking it with you guys hopefully the night at lucilles barbeque made up for the weekend ...that was some of my best material... hopefully i'll see you guys next year if not for the toys for tots at least i will see you at some other race

i wish everyone a great hoiday and i will see you next year

Brian Thomas

Last edited by mike jones; 12-06-2006 at 05:06 PM.
mike jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #70
Tech Addict

my bad i forgot my best bud Tom aka Donkey good job at making the A-main sorry it got taken away... next time we'll get you in ..........like to say thanks to my boy ryan on the fast pit stops in my qualifiers..nice job

Last edited by mike jones; 12-06-2006 at 04:31 PM.
mike jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike jones
my bad i forgot my best bud Tom aka Donkey good job at making the A-main sorry it got taken away... next time we'll get you in ..........like to say thanks to my boy ryan on the fast pit stops in my qualifiers..nice job
Yeah Tom laid it down "donkey-style." Heee-haawwwww, hee-hawww!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #72
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was cool to see folks come from all over the country...Brian your 1/8 was on fire in the main!!! I guess youve run cp once or twice!! Dont forget I got you and the predator going at it on audio!!

Thanks to Mike and the rest of the Mugen peeps for all the support. See ya at the next one.

Jason Smith
Jason Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #73
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Smith
It was cool to see folks come from all over the country...Brian your 1/8 was on fire in the main!!! I guess youve run cp once or twice!! Dont forget I got you and the predator going at it on audio!!

Thanks to Mike and the rest of the Mugen peeps for all the support. See ya at the next one.

Jason Smith
once are twice give or take lol
Old 12-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #74
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

What ever happened 2 the results of this race?

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #75
Tech Adept

Jayne and I would like to thank:

Team Mugen: Mike, Kris and the whole team for making us feel at home

Darin: Thank you for the site seeing tour

Scott: Thank you for being our dinner driver

Sohlman: Good to see you again, sorry your Mom could not make it

Harry: Thanks for changing your plans to come and race with us

BT: Get a clue it is 2-MS vs 1-BT!. Really thank you for your setup help. I'll get you next time. If that was your best material, we can see why you are not paid to be a comedian. LOL

Ira: Too bad we had to travel across the country to see you, we will have to meet after the holidays

Huse: Waiting for you to come and visit Wisconsin

See you all in Vegas in April

PS when the plane landed in Milwaukee, it was 7 degrees
MJSGas is offline   Reply With Quote