R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #46
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596
Great show fellas. This race was a good test of skill(battling winds, driving under the lights unexpectedly, and dealing with a pressed schedule)and there were a lot skillful drivers out there. My guess is, if you're good, it doesn't matter what the race conditions are like cuz you'll know how to adjust accordingly. On the other hand, I do understand why some people didn't want to run their mains; it cost us a lot money to race competatively and racing at night, if you're not used to it, could lead to some costly accidents (as those of you who saw Paolo's car launch off of the track into the parking lot fortunately little damage occured and he was able to continue)

Congrats to the Mugen Team, but it was expected (Crystal Park is Mugen Country). Paolo made a great run in both sedan and 1/8 scale, but luck wasn't happenin for him on this coast.
Paolo's car never launch off to the parking lot, you might have think that it was his car but it was not.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Paolo's car never launch off to the parking lot, you might have think that it was his car but it was not.
Oops. Maybe I was suffering from heat exhaustion or nitro fume intoxication as it's been known to cause hallucinations. Maybe next time when I decide to turn marshall for 4 straight races, I'll wear a gas mask
Old 12-04-2006, 03:29 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The only good thing to come out of this weekend is that a lot of toys got collected for a lot of kids. Sorry to say, but other than that, the race was a waste of time....

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have to second that. I will not go back there again.
JASON MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #50
Tech Initiate

this race was a waste of time.never been to a race that qualifying had more time on the track than the mains. Really hard for me to think about going back. Again the only good thing that came out of this is that some needy kids might have a good Xmas. Again a waste of time Just my two sense
billyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Toys for Tots Crystal Park

I have been to Crystal Park three different times, for three different races, and each time, the races were started very late.
You maybe could understand running a few minutes late, but almost 2 hours late is way out of line.
For a race that had been advertised for weeks, I just dont understand why things could not be more organized.
Knowing that there were so many pre registrations, and even the slightest chance they may have to run under the lights at night, and then discover that the lights were bad, is total B.S.
From starting late,poor organization,no lights to speak of,toilet facilities that were disgusting, <should be one port-a-pottie per 10 people>, and it just goes on from there.
I really feel bad for the drivers that came in from out of town for this race, just to have it handled the way it was.
This is one of the reasons I do not go to that track.
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #52
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865
Default Results

Were can I find the results?
email: [email protected]

Asphalt track Info - Hours 9am - 5pm / racing starts at 12pm

** Trophy Races at BCR**
- July 19 Saturday "Controlled Mayhem" 4 track layouts.
- August 16 Saturday "Summer Slam"

** July Race Schedule
- Saturday 7/19 Controlled Mayhem Trophy Race
- Sunday 7/20 HB Underground Challenge #8
- Saturday 7/26 Asphalt Track /Open for Club Racing

---Hot Bodies Underground Race Schedule---
- July 20th / Sunday **Race #8 **CASH PRIZES**
- August 17th / Sunday Race #9 **CASH PRIZES**
TireShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've been enlightened! Peace
"Whoever guards his mouth and tongue, Keeps his soul from troubels." Proverbs 21:23

Last edited by blanks596; 12-05-2006 at 10:56 AM. Reason: fuel to the fire
blanks596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #54

Mad Max, You don't make sense, everybody here seemed pissed off and you are here still kissing A$$, What part did you not understand that IT SUCK RACING THERE!
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Crystal Park Toys for Tots

I aggree with you that there are not too many tracks for 10th and 1/8 on-road here in So Ca.
But the point I am trying to make is that the event had been scheduled for weeks in advance, and knowing this, I am sure that many of the local drivers would have offered their help for the event,lights could have been repaired,facilities could have been taken care of, just so many things could have made this race so much more enjoyable for everyone involved.
This is not the first time this has happened at this track, and in fact it seemes to be a pattern of the way the events are handled there.
If they would just ask some of the locals for help on these events, I am sure that many drivers would step up to the plate and offer any assistance needed.
As far as Revelations Raceway goes,even though there is a hobby shop on site,tiolet facilities,power,tables, that has nothing to do with the races are organized.
Dana takes care of everything himself, and I must say does a first rate job everytime. This, plus working a full time job away from the track just proves my point that it can be done in a professional manner and everyone enjoys themselves in the process.
I do applaud Crystal Park for having a Toys for Tots event, just very dissapointed in the outcome.
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by BoCal; 12-06-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoCal
You didn't have to be smart to figure it all out. Just common sense and common sense
Those are the 2 qualifications he don't have, so don't be mentioning that.
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #58
Tech Adept

all races at crystal park are not given by crystal park rc club

james was trying to run the program that was requested by the majority of drivers that gave there openion to him or me.
when the majority of drivers changed, no one told me, till main event # 5
and even at that point, i was willing to change it or stop the race to figure it out.
computer was set to qual points not cause i wanted to i did not know,,
my computer was used for rc pro series... i did not run that race. i had no idea of qual points.
when i made sure that the pc was set to add 1 qual to set main
i thought that was it. but i was wrong...but i did not do it to run a different program, i thought it was set to how i usualy run club races, no one said anything at the club race if they had i would have fixed it
i had help that got called away to work....
i have a careir also, i work everynight after the track. i work saturday nights
i get home 3am or 4am.....
thats why there is a late start..
if someone would have droped me a note or just said what was going on in the pits,,, i could have changed what ever needed to be changed.
if my partner was not called in to work when he herd what was going on he would have told me..
but your job is your job just as my job is my job. my hobbie crystal park rc club, my job, west coast music, beverly hills 310 278-6848
westcoastmusic.com
i stay in the trailer trying to build a dream rc park . thats all
blame me for listening to the wrong people, blame me for not knowing computer was set on qual points from rc pro series.blame me for having to work every weekend at night but still try to give a race for you but i'm late
i'm in this sport to make a difference in a good way, just about every one who is bashing me has been to other races we gave and had a great time and you told me so.
so look at what what happen this race , all the races have not been like that and if they had,, there would not have been that many people
people came because of what they herd and they wanted to be here.
and for not getting what you herd about ,, i am truly sorry
all i can do at this point
is to say i know what went wrong and how it went wrong,, my partner and i have talked and we have the buggs worked out.
it wont happen like that again. ever
keep in mind i have nothing to gain by going against the grain
i thank all of you for your toys for the homeless kids
thinking of the faces when your gifts are opend puts a bright lite on the weekend for me.
and if everyone could understand that nothing was personal and if i can make it up to you please drop me a email and lets talk about how..
thank you again,, please know that i am truly sorry
james
reeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Default toys for tots

WE ALL KNOW JAME'S F.....D UP! WE ALL KNOW HOW HE IS BUT STILL CRYSTAL PARK IS A GREAT PLACE TO RACE.I WENT AND TALKED TO HIM TODAY AND HE TOLD ME IT IS ALL TO CHANGE AS FAR AS THE RACING PROGRAM GOES. THERE WILL BE EARLIER STARTS,QUALIFIERS ACCORDING TO WHAT THE RACERS WANT.I TOLD HIM YOUR COMPLAINTS AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE IS WILLING TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS.ALSO NEXT THE WHOLE RACE SCENE WILL BE BETTER.I TOLD HIM THAT I WOULD HELP MAKE TRACK&RACING BETTER!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #60
Tech Master

I did not know they had lights. That is cool the James bought some lights.
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote