150 limit

last call
last call
reeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:01 AM   #32
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Sorry James, I'm out.

A last minute business decision and I am in Amsterdam so I can't make it Please feel free to release my entry to another lucky soul. I'll see you guys again next year.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Any updates!!!!!!! How is Paolo doing.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #34
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Today was 1/2 day of open practise only
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #35
Tech Addict

today was an awesome day of practice, the track was perfect, thanks to James Resse preparing the track for all of us. very good crowd of people for a friday practice and tomorrow should be even better. alot of fast guys came out to challenge the track this year. Alot of outter towners came out too. give you a heads up tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:49 AM   #36
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro
He is doing GREAT
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:14 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

There are indeed a lot of fasst guys and this race should be interesting. Good luck to us all this weekend!!. I am dedicating my participation in the event this year to my Siberian Husky "Baxter", some of you guys knew him as the talking dog and were even harrassed by him if you were ever at my place.
Bax passed away early Tuesday morning and I will deeply miss my boy, he was a really cool dog and a chick magnet so this weekend, I am racin for Bax!!
Attached Thumbnails
Toys 4 tots Crystal park R/C Club-baxter2.jpg  
gwilli2001us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Any updates????

Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #39
Tech Rookie

I dont know about you other guys at the track today, but I can say I am a bit bothered by the way things went. Realizing this is a benefit race, I am aware it is for fun. The issue I have is there are a large number of racers, and 1/2 the day was wasted with signups and setting the heats. With 140+ entries, the first qualifier (10 minute runs) started after 11:00. In my opinion, that is just rediculous. Because the racing started so late, the first round ended about 3:30 leaving little time for round #2 and round 2 was canceled. There are lights at the track, but it seems the bulbs are all shot..... brilliant! I could go on, but I wont. I just wanted to share my thoughts, knowing I would be hard-pressed to get motivated for another trip out to Crystal Park again. Im all for fun, but this was a bit frustrating for me.

Most of us have a decent amount of money into our cars. If the director of the races is not going to take the people that pay him serious as shown, I will take my business elsewhere. This event is the last straw for me. I feel bad for the others that have traveled significant distances for this event.
birel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

any updates ?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #41
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Yeah Roger, where are the updates? I'm still in Holland on my way home and enquiring minds want to know
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sedan finishing order was Jose Casas MTX4, Marco Acosta MTX4 skyline, and Darin Ishitani MTX4.

Mike Swauger won 1/8th. I don't know who finished behind him.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:11 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by birel1
I dont know about you other guys at the track today, but I can say I am a bit bothered by the way things went. Realizing this is a benefit race, I am aware it is for fun. The issue I have is there are a large number of racers, and 1/2 the day was wasted with signups and setting the heats. With 140+ entries, the first qualifier (10 minute runs) started after 11:00. In my opinion, that is just rediculous. Because the racing started so late, the first round ended about 3:30 leaving little time for round #2 and round 2 was canceled. There are lights at the track, but it seems the bulbs are all shot..... brilliant! I could go on, but I wont. I just wanted to share my thoughts, knowing I would be hard-pressed to get motivated for another trip out to Crystal Park again. Im all for fun, but this was a bit frustrating for me.

Most of us have a decent amount of money into our cars. If the director of the races is not going to take the people that pay him serious as shown, I will take my business elsewhere. This event is the last straw for me. I feel bad for the others that have traveled significant distances for this event.
By reading your post, the "POT HEAD" seems to scew everybody, does it mean the program kept on changing? nothing really went as planned? this must have pissed off a lot of you guys. WOW !!! In my country we hang guys like that and let the Hayena have it for dinner.
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to the winners that had to brave the track in the conditions in which their mains were ran in. I also wanna thank "Mike Jones" for the helpin' me out and sort of puttin my car in the main event.

Huse 1
Donkey 1
tboned_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Great show fellas. This race was a good test of skill(battling winds, driving under the lights unexpectedly, and dealing with a pressed schedule)and there were a lot skillful drivers out there. My guess is, if you're good, it doesn't matter what the race conditions are like cuz you'll know how to adjust accordingly. On the other hand, I do understand why some people didn't want to run their mains; it cost us a lot money to race competatively and racing at night, if you're not used to it, could lead to some costly accidents (as those of you who saw Paolo's car launch off of the track into the parking lot fortunately little damage occured and he was able to continue)

Congrats to the Mugen Team, but it was expected (Crystal Park is Mugen Country). Paolo made a great run in both sedan and 1/8 scale, but luck wasn't happenin for him on this coast.

Last edited by blanks596; 12-04-2006 at 11:40 AM.
blanks596 is offline   Reply With Quote