Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

I have three of those small bearings in my second CB, but the bearings are c.rap quality(LHS...), and with everything all shimmed up I'm not real crazy about how it spins..
Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
Until someone offers vented clutch bell, it is recommended to use three (3) of the small bearings in the front side of the clutch bell, this reduces wobble and has been proven to prevent clutch bell bearing failure. Many Ofna DM1/DM1 Spec racers including myself use this method with much success.
Thanks for the tip. I'll pop a couple of more in there today.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Until someone offers vented clutch bell, it is recommended to use three (3) of the small bearings in the front side of the clutch bell, this reduces wobble and has been proven to prevent clutch bell bearing failure. Many Ofna DM1/DM1 Spec racers including myself use this method with much success.
+2 Don't bother to try to run without them.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

As far as experimenting with gearing, is it better to experiment with CB count, or spur gears?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

That's right, use 3 small bearings and a very little play, space properly and it will hold up fine. I use this in my IGT2 to get the gearing I need for bigger tracks.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
As far as experimenting with gearing, is it better to experiment with CB count, or spur gears?
If we had a lot of options in spurs then minor changes could be done with spurs but remember that CB changes are more drastic than spur gear changes. The ratio change by changing CB counts are approximately 2 to maybe 3 tooth change in spurs count.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Champion

So ladies, next question...

I just got a package of eight "race" bearings, but they are the metal on one side, plastic on the other.. I just mounted them with the plastic facing OUT - away from the engine... Is this right? I have three of them in there..

And I must say, it now spins MUCH better.. The bearings from the LHS were CRAP..

Are these bearings a good idea though, and to have them lined up next to each other like that(metal to plastic to metal to plastic...) Thanks...
Old 03-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got a package of eight "race" bearings, but they are the metal on one side, plastic on the other.. I just mounted them with the plastic facing OUT - away from the engine... Is this right? I have three of them in there..

And I must say, it now spins MUCH better.. The bearings from the LHS were CRAP..

Are these bearings a good idea though, and to have them lined up next to each other like that(metal to plastic to metal to plastic...) Thanks...
sounds good....i just order my bearing yesterday from Advid for both my cars
Old 03-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Spiral cut Diff gears

Has anyone here tried using the spiral cut ring and pinion gears from the Jammin 1/8th offroad line (Jammin X2 buggy, Truggy)? if you have, what have been your results. and how have thy been holding up compared to stock.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

It all depends on what type of racing do you do. If you only use your car on a very short track then maybe those would help since there is not much gears to chosse from (pinions & spurs). If you race on a medium to large track they will hurt top speed and hurt the motor as well. The stock gears are 43 & 13 but the X2 are 45 & 10. There are spiral cut gears from OFNA that are 43 & 13 but they are not very strong. I used them way back when I raced a Jammin truggy but they got busted very easily compared to the straight cut gears.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Perfect
Old 03-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Race #2 of the SWCS MAR 26-27 Gulf Coast Raceway - Porter, TX. for those racers not going to Mexico. GT8 class is growing and the enjoyment of r/c racing continues.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Tech Champion

Will this work for a DM1?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXFEP7&P=K
Old 04-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Send them an email [email protected]
Old 04-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

alright..I will finally get to built my DM-1 Spec in about 2 weeks. I have been buying kits, parts, electronics, and other needed things so I can get it ready and out racing. Although I enjoy nitro i went with the tekno brushless conversion. Anyone have any recomendations on what i should watch out for once I build my DM and start testing it?

I should have everything I need to get it up and running but we shall see...man am I ready to get my hands on this car! I plan to post many pictures and videos to share...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.