R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-16-2003, 09:38 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to dvargas
Default Team Associated Nitro Tc 3 Rtr Tires And Wheels??

I think that the NTC 3 RTR comes with 24mm rims and tires. Please correct me if i am wrong. By the way i am new to r/c. I am going to buy the NTC 3 RTR in about 2 week or when my darn money gets here from the IRS. Darn the IRS. they are slow.

my question is what is the BIGGEST rims and tires that i can put on the NTC 3 RTR which will not cause problems such as rubbing the suspension or body and anything like that. I have heard that 28mm will fit but i want to double check with the "real r/c guys here". who know what they are talking about and have been into r/c for a while.

i am planning on putting 28mm rims on the back. or bigger if possible. and putting 26 or bigger on the front. but i am going to put bigger rims and tires on the back than on the front so please tell me what this car can accomidate as far as rims and tires size goes.

Thank you,
David
dvargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

im not quite shure...but you could allways call technical help at associated and see if they know.
|BlackLabel| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

24mm or 26mm wide rims will work well for rubber. Most people running foams are running 26mm wide front & 30mm wide 0 degree offset rear rims with no problems. Most of Team Associated's drivers have been running Jaco Nitro Shoes since June of this year. Also the guys at the local tracks are running them too. They seem to hold up very well.
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 08:26 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to dvargas
Default Rubber tires and Chrome rims

Rims and tire qise (rubber tires)(Chrome Rims) What is the biggest that will fit the NTC 3 RTR? without rubbing anything or causing any problems.

I want to have the set up like 30mm in the rear and 26 or 28mm in the front. will this work with rubber tires??? i am not racing this is just a personal prefrence. but will they fit ok?

Thank you,
David
dvargas is offline   Reply With Quote