R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 AM   #1306
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Is Tosolini really from Florida - I thought he just moved there last fall.
Chris once told me that he is originally from the eastcoast, but he lived in Huntington Beach the last few years. if I remember right, he even was B.Baker's room mate during their Yokomo time.

I thought people only moved to Florida for retirement. He's not THAT old, is he?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #1307
Tech Rookie

Wow...wasnt that an awesome event. I would like to thank Serpent USA, Maxy Fuels my sponsors for giving me the equipment i needed to put the 720 in the final. Special thanks to Roniel for being my mechanic for the week. He did a great job with set-up and especially fueling. Rony, theres nothing to be ashamed of...we put the car in the final and finished fourth even with a few mishaps in the main. We did excellent.

The competition in touring car was insane. I have never seen so many top pro r/c drivers in one event. Congrats to the winners Paolo,Chris and the local guys for a job well done. See you next year...

-danny
Danny Horta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #1308
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Danny:

Im not ashamed of our performance ,im just upset that maybe with a little of luck our way we could have done alot better but thats racing,i think we did a hell of a job with the conditions and competition we had,but you did a great job with being out of racing for such a long time,

Roniel
Roniel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #1309
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
He lives in Tampa now.
CHRIS IS FROM CT. MOVED TO CA TO RACE FULL TIME 7 YEARS AGO TO HUNTINGTON BEACH AND RELOCATED TO FLORIDA RIGHT AFTER WINNING THE 06 SEDAN GAS NATS. THIS PAST JUNE.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #1310
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
CHRIS IS FROM CT. MOVED TO CA TO RACE FULL TIME 7 YEARS AGO TO HUNTINGTON BEACH AND RELOCATED TO FLORIDA RIGHT AFTER WINNING THE 06 SEDAN GAS NATS. THIS PAST JUNE.
WoW! What's his SS#? Just kidding.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #1311
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

Danny you did a great job man. It was a pleasure to meet you at the winternats!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #1312
Tech Rookie

Nigel nice to meet you too....

-danny
Danny Horta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #1313
Tech Regular

i would also like to thank all the people helping me Ecspeacialy my old man he is the guy i really need to thanks since he backed me all the way i would also like to send a special thanks to vincent jackson since he showed real team mugen support thanks to all and anybody that i may have forgot to thank.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #1314
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendude
i would also like to thank all the people helping me Ecspeacialy my old man he is the guy i really need to thanks since he backed me all the way i would also like to send a special thanks to vincent jackson since he showed real team mugen support thanks to all and anybody that i may have forgot to thank.
Mugendude, u 4got me. Naw, what's good dawg? Nice 2 meet at the winternats. U got skillz kid, keep up the good work. Tell ur dad I said what's good?

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #1315
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
Danny you did a great job man. It was a pleasure to meet you at the winternats!

WASSSUP MY NIGEL !!!!

NIGEL & SAM
was nice to meet you guys
had a blast
PNP HOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:05 PM   #1316
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wazzup Mr Pete Pepe you are one scary individual
Nice to meet you in person although it is scary........ NOT!!!!! j/k
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #1317
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Tommy good to hear from you, are you wearing flip flops again
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #1318
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNP HOBBIES
WASSSUP MY NIGEL !!!!

NIGEL & SAM
was nice to meet you guys
had a blast

What it do pete!

man it was FUN at the winternats, hope to see you at the next big event! hint hint, vegas in april!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #1319
Tech Elite

Quote:

TOMMY! next time you race, ill bring you an extra pair of shoes man.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #1320
Tech Addict

Whoever was asking about Jilles, I spoke to him Sunday morning at the track. As I wrote in the article, one of his mechanics simply didn't put the body clips in where they belonged, which is why the body was too low. It doesn't take anything away from Jilles' excellent performance, but that's why he got the DQ.

Photos are posted of Paolo's car, along with his thoughts on why he did so well in the race at SGrid Online (www.sgrid.com). If you check over the tires, you'll see that they're cut down at the front - that's to even out tire wear. If you check the close-up photo of the chassis, you'll see how everything has been lowered. To make up for the loss of weight because of material that's been removed in the custom chassis, he used a brass battery tray to put the weight back in where it belongs. You'll also see what looks like body posts sticking out to the back - that's to keep the body from getting bent out of shape. Also, pay attention to the first several photos that show how they've set up the car so it can be refueled so quickly. We asked Gianni to take off his glove, to show what's going on more clearly. There's also a write-up on how Paolo describes the best way for him to get around the Ft. Myers track.

Team photos and some other shots will be posted later on tonight. The equipment list for all A-Main drivers is also posted, but it's missing the body that racers used. If any of you are seeing this message here, and you ran in the A, please let me know what body you ran.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote