R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #1291
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Wow... this is sounding more like Formula 1 racing.....

Oh wait, it is the Formula 1 of the RC world.....
yes this is true
maybe toy cars but the big ones are toys too
they just cost more
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #1292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm not mad about the race, so let's get that off the table. I was just saying it was tough trying to get a clean run and without a resort I was stuck. I enjoyed this event very much and can't wait till next year. I just wish they had done a resort like they did last year.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #1293
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I'm not mad about the race, so let's get that off the table. I was just saying it was tough trying to get a clean run and without a resort I was stuck. I enjoyed this event very much and can't wait till next year. I just wish they had done a resort like they did last year.
Marcos, I'm glad u had a good time dawg. I hope u make it 2 the GLC this year. Give me a holla when u get the chance.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #1294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2
Marcos, I'm glad u had a good time dawg. I hope u make it 2 the GLC this year. Give me a holla when u get the chance.
Yeah I'll be at the GLC for sure and might try to make that race at 301 in june I think.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #1295
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhope
Last time I looked on this site this thread was on page 24, now it's 41. I don't have time to go back, but here are some of the facts about Jilles.

He didn't do well in his first 4 qualifiers. His 5th was good enough to make the A, but he was DQ'd for weight.

He bumped up all day Friday and was checked after every main. He was legal every time.

His body was checked before and after the C-main on Saturday and everything was good.

After Jilles won the B, I checked it again and the car was about 3/16" below the minimum height requirement. I reset everything and checked the car again with the same result. I then checked all the other cars and they passed. I rechecked Jilles car again and it still did not pass. I had two other officials check everything to confirm that he was DQ'd.

I then informed Martin Hudy that he would be running in the A instead of Jilles.

I was as surprised as every body else that the car did not pass. It would of been interesting to see him run in the A after so many hours of running.
I re-read your post and something seems amiss... You wrote that his body was checked before and after the C main. And it was checked after the B main and failed.. Was it checked before the B main?
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #1296
Tech Master

danny horta good job with the 720 makeing and finishing well in the a main keep up the good work hope too see you running the 960 this year too .
Old 02-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #1297
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I re-read your post and something seems amiss... You wrote that his body was checked before and after the C main. And it was checked after the B main and failed.. Was it checked before the B main?
I'm not so sure Jilles car was checked b4 the start of any of his races, since tech is only done at the end of each race.
pelico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #1298

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

I beleive it was checked after the C, passed, then they worked on it, and *possibly* the rear body mount clips were put in the wrong hole, thus making the body too low.
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #1299
Tech Addict

I must say that I had a great time at my first major race since I've started in this hobby. Being able to see guys like Chris Tosolini, Mike Swauger, Josh Cyrul, Robert Maestry, Ralph Burch, Jilles Groskamp along with all the other great drivers was an experience I will never forget.

Special thanks to Robert Maestry for looking out and pointing out a couple of things on my car. Also a lot of thanks to Peter Bretton for looking over my car the night b4 the mains.....I really appreciated u guys help.

To the Jamaican posse for keeping a good vibes under the tent. I'm looking forward to racing with all of u pretty soon. People like Bull(Andrew), Doug, Beefy(Chris), Duncan, Johnny, Warren and last but surely not least Andrew D.. With a little more luck I know u could've done way better than u did in the A-Main.

Also shout out to Wayne and Tino......u guys are good people man. See u at Kissimmee and Wayne, u betta pit for me .

P.S. - I would also like to apologize to all the guys who were in Heat 3 of the qualifiers for my outburst in round 5 of qualifying, as I was frustrated at the fact that I got taken out b4 the race had even started. I know u didn't mean it Gary, so it's all good. Sorry again to all u guys.

Kurt M.
pelico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #1300
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have to thank many peolple from this event. Jim Rice and his all star crew of Chris Fowler, Julian Hope, Vince Tate and Richard Fine. You guys did an outstanding job as always.

Molzer Mowery Racing, you guys were awesome sponsors of this event. Thanks for the Pit Towel and Hand Towel. You guys went way above and beyond. And yes I got my new Pit Box.

I would also like to thank Paolo Morganti for helping me with my engine. To Mike Swager and Harry H, thanks for all the input on the car set up. To Pete Pepe for making sure I had everything I needed to fix my car.

Congrats to all the Winners: Paolo Morganti (Florida), Jim Sowa (Florida) and Chris Tosolini (Florida). Notice all the Winners are from Florida! This year when we go to the GLC we plan on bringing back some hardware!

I have my own special crew, Gary Tuttle, Sean Clark, Bill Graham, Carla (My Turnmarshall), Robert Burg and Roger Burg. Thanks to all of you for the great time we spent this week.

Even though I had engine troubles all week. I still enjoyed myself, after all I could have been working all week. When the weather was good the track the track was awesome, When it got cold and rainy well that is not good for racing. Please understand No One can predict the weather.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #1301
Tech Elite

Is Tosolini really from Florida - I thought he just moved there last fall.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #1302
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
at least he had a KYOSHO
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:44 AM   #1303
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez
Mike Dumas got taken out before he could get in a lap in his main
He missed a qualifier which was crucial at the time since the track on thursday which was at it's best
more or less time was spent on getting the car hooked up & they were trying a lot of set ups. The car overall looks good & they feel confident that it will be a contender
Just remember this was the trinity team first outing with the car not there last.
Blackstock was really fast look @ his laptimes in the main & his drake motor is a stock motor out of the box bobby flack was running a plus 3 murnan modified

It would be great if the guys would come around to the G4S thread and give us a run down of the event.
So anyone give them the message please.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:01 AM   #1304
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default dvd

will there be an official dvd this year? i saw ray wood at my track here insydney on the weekend but didnt get a chance to speak to him about the winternats..
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:22 AM   #1305
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
He lives in Tampa now.