R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #1276
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info Joemugen.
havent seen a equipment list yet ,anyone know of one or when one will be posted ?

Envy you guys for having such a awesome event ,making it one of my ambitions to be at one event.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #1277
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Guys,

Well back home and at work and still with a big smile in the face (even if i was really disappointed for the 1/8 scale). Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Congrats to Toso for his victory in 1/8

Congrats to my Team USA. Better luck next time. Thanks to all the Serpent Team for their effort and support.

I will like to thanks all my sponsors Serpent, Serpent USA, Mega MF, Jaco, Maxys Fuel, SPP, KoPropo, Faskolor, Spektrum, Javier Body Works.

Special Thanks to Gianni, Rafael, Roniel, Bruno, and Doug. It's is for sure really important to count with so much knowledge, talent and experience in the Team.

Thanks to Fabio and Antonio from Max Power.

Thanks to Jack Rimer for providing an excellent product

Thanks to Maxys Fuel for the support.

There are also a lot of people behind the scene making this possible. Thanks to all, they know who they are

Last but not leats, thanks to Ft Myers crew for an excellent event. Hope next year you guys can figure out a way to control the weather

Back to business......... 720 TQ/Victory Setup will be publish soon

Paolo

Again a very well done to you and Team Serpent Paolo. Let us know where you will post the setup.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #1278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Rainer, are you making a a list of drivers with the equipment they used???

AFM
You've got PM.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #1279
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The more I think about it the more pissed off I get....Just because I own my own company does that mean I cant post my personal opinion on here? I guess I need to make a fake name on RCTech like half the other chickenshits and bash away from now on!!

EA

Here are some that work great ....LickRim, Allbitter, Team Homies..just to name a few...lol...Got Bitter?
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #1280
Tech Apprentice

Last time I looked on this site this thread was on page 24, now it's 41. I don't have time to go back, but here are some of the facts about Jilles.

He didn't do well in his first 4 qualifiers. His 5th was good enough to make the A, but he was DQ'd for weight.

He bumped up all day Friday and was checked after every main. He was legal every time.

His body was checked before and after the C-main on Saturday and everything was good.

After Jilles won the B, I checked it again and the car was about 3/16" below the minimum height requirement. I reset everything and checked the car again with the same result. I then checked all the other cars and they passed. I rechecked Jilles car again and it still did not pass. I had two other officials check everything to confirm that he was DQ'd.

I then informed Martin Hudy that he would be running in the A instead of Jilles.

I was as surprised as every body else that the car did not pass. It would of been interesting to see him run in the A after so many hours of running.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #1281
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhope
Last time I looked on this site this thread was on page 24, now it's 41. I don't have time to go back, but here are some of the facts about Jilles.

He didn't do well in his first 4 qualifiers. His 5th was good enough to make the A, but he was DQ'd for weight.

He bumped up all day Friday and was checked after every main. He was legal every time.

His body was checked before and after the C-main on Saturday and everything was good.

After Jilles won the B, I checked it again and the car was about 3/16" below the minimum height requirement. I reset everything and checked the car again with the same result. I then checked all the other cars and they passed. I rechecked Jilles car again and it still did not pass. I had two other officials check everything to confirm that he was DQ'd.

I then informed Martin Hudy that he would be running in the A instead of Jilles.

I was as surprised as every body else that the car did not pass. It would of been interesting to see him run in the A after so many hours of running.
Was his car checked before the B main?
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #1282
Tech Apprentice

Well this was my first real big race and all i can say is Wow no race that i have been to can be compared.Jim Rice you and Your crew are good promoters and put on a real entertaining show.Just being there was good enough for me although i didnt do well as i should have but the gitters and the nervousness of me let me not perform to my ability but i have got enough experience to let me do better the next time around.
Will be starting my savings from the next pay cheque for Winternats 08".
I would like to thank Robert Mastery, Chris Tosolin, Peter Breten and some of the guys from the Kyosho camp and every body else that help me out in any way that they did.
Gmartinez i am really sorry for the mishap with me and you i had any intention of letting that happen and i think it was lack of experience
The jamaican Crew represented well i think
bullie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:30 PM   #1283
Tech Apprentice

Congrats to Paolo and Serpent for a dominant performance in the Sedan Final. He changed tires at the 20 min mark and still had the lead.

Congrats to Chris and Kyosho. Chris was the fast and smooth all week, plus he has one of the smartest pit guys around. Changing tires in the last couple minutes......brilliant!

Congrats to Jim and Mugen. Jim and Lucas battle it out the entire Masters A-main with Jim prevailing in the end. Best A-main of the day.

Thank you to the Port Charlotte guys for all your help!!!

Thanks to all of the racers that made things run smoothly despite the worst weather ever.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #1284
Tech Apprentice

You can't make everybody happy anytime and you can't make anyone happy all the time.

This counts double in any form of racing.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #1285
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ
Sorry if anybody got the wrong idea.
Ok Jeff, I got the picture
Old 02-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #1286
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhope
You can't make everybody happy anytime and you can't make anyone happy all the time.

This counts double in any form of racing.
You got that right....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #1287
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullie1
Well this was my first real big race and all i can say is Wow no race that i have been to can be compared.Jim Rice you and Your crew are good promoters and put on a real entertaining show.Just being there was good enough for me although i didnt do well as i should have but the gitters and the nervousness of me let me not perform to my ability but i have got enough experience to let me do better the next time around.
Will be starting my savings from the next pay cheque for Winternats 08".
I would like to thank Robert Mastery, Chris Tosolin, Peter Breten and some of the guys from the Kyosho camp and every body else that help me out in any way that they did.
Gmartinez i am really sorry for the mishap with me and you i had any intention of letting that happen and i think it was lack of experience
The jamaican Crew represented well i think
No Sweat it is all part of racing Im just not the type to go screaming on the driver stand like some others I try to work around it. but there will be next year to do better.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #1288
Tech Addict

To "quietstorm", have you been to any world championship events? The heats start off being "stacked" and changes are made as needed to be sure people are running in an appropriate heat. Jim's been doing this kind of thing forever, and he does a pretty good job of it - always has. If someone was in an incorrect heat, and spoke to Jim, he'd consider making a change.

To whoever asked - the full equipment list will be posted on SGrid Online (www.sgrid.com) sometime this evening.

To anyone running a Serpent 720 - I spent the afternoon at Serpent USA with Paolo, going over what's behind his winning run. Lots of photos, and a nice interview with Paolo, with some help from Doug to make sure what I was typing matched what Paolo was telling me. Doug has all the "nicknames" for different parts of the track. That was very helpful, as Paolo described how he drives Ft. Myers, and what he does to get the best lap times as he's doing so. Between Paolo and Doug, I've got a pretty good summary of what Gianni and Paolo did to make such a good car, and also photos of all the trick stuff they did to optimize the performance. It will all be posted by late this evening, as in *after* making dinner, not before.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #1289
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

I'd like 2 give thanks 2 Jim Rice and the ft myers crew on a great race! The weather was not very kind 2 us and it's not Jim's fault. The reason 4 not spraying the track after the rain was there was no sun. Had he sprayed the track, it would have never had dried. I had a Great time and got 2 meet ppl and gain some more friends in the great hobby of ours. Guys, there is no reason 2 beef over the the things that didn't go right. Resorts would not have changed things much. We had a good time and thats what matters!

I'd also like 2 thank, Mugen Usa, Rcthunder Hobbies and Murnan Modified Motors.
Without u guys my race would have not been possible. And congrats 2 all the winners, everybody drove great!

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #1290
Tech Addict

I had a great time as a spectator at this event. Seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones! I hope to be participating next year! I have updated my website with the photos I took at Winternats. Check them out at www.sf-rc.zoomshare.com
Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote