Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2007 Florida Winter Nats >

2007 Florida Winter Nats

2007 Florida Winter Nats

Old 02-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default X Ray tactics??

If they were testing durability of the car, so be it. But not to get your weight, height, and width correct during 5 qualifiers is an absolute joke.

Marketing or testing, Jilles is a great driver that should have been in the A-main with out the bumps. It is sad that with only 1 bump-up, X-ray took away some of the mid level drivers chance to bump. The guys that finshed 2nd to Jilles in earlier mains, most would have liked to bump. They pay the same money to race.

IMO, if they are going to do this, seperate the field into Factory and Non-Factory drivers and then let him start at the bottom of the Factory group.

I know I'm crying like a baby, but I still had fun and always enjoy meeting everyone I spoke with.

And as for Big Jeff BBQ, he was NOT selling any food for the general racers. He cooked for his crew and friends.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Stefan, Jarrod Scott made the A final for Mugen (qualified 9th and finished 6th). Big Jeff BBQ, I think it lacks tact to make posts like this against Xray when you were part of the event providing food. You are definately entitled to your opinion, I just think some of what you are saying is a little harsh. Some things are better left unsaid. Just my 2 cents.
jeff WAS NOT PART OF THE EVENT,AND WAS NOT PROVIDING FOOD. he was just a racer.

please get your facts correct.

jilles was DQ,ed because of a mistake with the body.

the xray car did very well all week.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry. My mistake.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys,

Well back home and at work and still with a big smile in the face (even if i was really disappointed for the 1/8 scale). Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Congrats to Toso for his victory in 1/8

Congrats to my Team USA. Better luck next time. Thanks to all the Serpent Team for their effort and support.

I will like to thanks all my sponsors Serpent, Serpent USA, Mega MF, Jaco, Maxys Fuel, SPP, KoPropo, Faskolor, Spektrum, Javier Body Works.

Special Thanks to Gianni, Rafael, Roniel, Bruno, and Doug. It's is for sure really important to count with so much knowledge, talent and experience in the Team.

Thanks to Fabio and Antonio from Max Power.

Thanks to Jack Rimer for providing an excellent product

Thanks to Maxys Fuel for the support.

There are also a lot of people behind the scene making this possible. Thanks to all, they know who they are

Last but not leats, thanks to Ft Myers crew for an excellent event. Hope next year you guys can figure out a way to control the weather

Back to business......... 720 TQ/Victory Setup will be publish soon

Paolo
Old 02-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

whats up Paolo. I wish i was there to race and to see u kick butt. Hopefully next yr i will take the trip. I will be looking foward to your set-ups. Great race and congrats.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bighurt98
If they were testing durability of the car, so be it. But not to get your weight, height, and width correct during 5 qualifiers is an absolute joke.

Marketing or testing, Jilles is a great driver that should have been in the A-main with out the bumps. It is sad that with only 1 bump-up, X-ray took away some of the mid level drivers chance to bump. The guys that finshed 2nd to Jilles in earlier mains, most would have liked to bump. They pay the same money to race.

IMO, if they are going to do this, seperate the field into Factory and Non-Factory drivers and then let him start at the bottom of the Factory group.

I know I'm crying like a baby, but I still had fun and always enjoy meeting everyone I spoke with.

And as for Big Jeff BBQ, he was NOT selling any food for the general racers. He cooked for his crew and friends.

All I can say is wow.... Memories of the Dallas book depository and the Grassy knoll...good call on that one Jack.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Suspended

congrats to everyone.....where are the final pictures?
Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Well guys Tech problems for the Xray team has been a problem from day one.

It sucks he was DQed but it also sucks the track was not sprayed after the rain and traction was horrible. The track was over a second slower than last year. The tires wear being sanded off the rim as if it were 500 grit sandpaper!! They did not do a proper resort by time as the promised because a few good guys who had bad runs will end up in the back which happened to be where they landed anyway. They put all the fast guys together in race 10 as if that was fair to any other racer who attended this event... These were guys who never attended the event in the past and were not shoe-ins for the main.

My 2 cent and that was my third winter nats event....

Last edited by rangulo; 02-20-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

congrat to paolo for winning the race. but i really have to congrat danny horta for taking 4th place. he is not a "pro" racer. he actually quit racing for the last year and a half and just came back a few months ago. he works full time (not racing cars) and basically just runs once a month or so. he didnt even practice on monday cause he had to work and did not practice on friday cause he had to work. for him to compete and outdue these racers that do this full time living is very good (and adding in the fact that he could not put a full time effort into the race cause he was juggling work). and in the main, he told me his car was horrible. he also had a major problem with the tire change and took eighty some seconds to complete. also, if you look at his lap times, he was right up there with toso and burch (paolo's times were slightly faster but his fastet lap was a 13.7 and danny hit a 13.7 also but paole did have more 13's). danny was in third until he had that major tire change issue. anyhow, just wanted to say congratulation to danny and all the other top performers.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Great Point RAF
Really sucked that there was no resort I suffered the consequences but I still had fun. Hopefully it won't be the same next year
Old 02-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangulo
Well guys Tech problems for the Xray team has been a problem from day one.

It sucks he was DQed but it also sucks the track was not sprayed after the rain and traction was horrible. The track was over a second slower than last year. The tires wear being sanded off the rim as if it were 500 grit sandpaper!! They did not do a proper resort by time as the promised because a few good guys who had bad runs will end up in the back which happened to be where they landed anyway. They put all the fast guys together in race 10 as if that was fair to any other racer who attended this event... These were guys who never attended the event in the past and were not shoe-ins for the main.
This was my second Winter Nats and I had an excellent time. I saw a couple of things that I felt wasn't fair though. For one NO Resort. The favoritism toward the "factory guys is not right. I'm a nobody at this race so If I complain about getting hacked in my qual. heat they don't seem to care as much as when a factory driver says he's in a bad group. Let's be fair, if a factory driver is in a bad group leave him there like you do the rest of us. Yeah, yeah I know what's coming "You have to learn to drive in traffic."
Old 02-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, rangulo telling it like it is! It's true though, all the announcers were doing was trying to sell raffle tickets, which got REALLY annoying...and then the traction issue just adds to it. You used to be able to actually true down your tires for a 30 minute race at that track (and always at other tracks), but now if you want to be on rims at the end, you must run full size tires in the rear (for touring cars). Hell, last year at the winternats no one changed tires in the 45 minute sedan A-main...what happened???
Old 02-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Luke W
Wow, rangulo telling it like it is! It's true though, all the announcers were doing was trying to sell raffle tickets, which got REALLY annoying...and then the traction issue just adds to it. You used to be able to actually true down your tires for a 30 minute race at that track (and always at other tracks), but now if you want to be on rims at the end, you must run full size tires in the rear (for touring cars). Hell, last year at the winternats no one changed tires in the 45 minute sedan A-main...what happened???
Wow the track was really that ruff never heard of a track being that bad Hope they fix the problem by next year for winternats 2008.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

WOW...I thought electric guys were bad. Sounds like a bunch of Mugen owners complaining because Xray took the basic design of ALL gas cars (not just mugen) other than Serpent and improved on them, made it better and put Xray on it!!

Get over it....Its toy cars for bowling trophies!! It could be worse!!

EA
Old 02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
WOW...I thought electric guys were bad. Sounds like a bunch of Mugen owners complaining because Xray took the basic design of ALL gas cars (not just mugen) other than Serpent and improved on them, made it better and put Xray on it!!

Get over it....Its toy cars for bowling trophies!! It could be worse!!

EA
WRONG.....its not mugen owners complaining.......try again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.