R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #1051
Tech Elite

Rafael said he is 2nd in the B of Sedan, and today they are running the D main and lower. Tomorrow C, B and A's.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #1052
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Miller
Someone posted the "Gag Reel", great movie by the way, If you watch it you can see all the cars are loose... No traction....They looked like drift cars...
Quite true. I wonder whose heat that was?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #1053
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRC
No, the rules are different, Top 11 qualify direct to the A-main in each class and only 1 moves up from the B-main to make it 12 in the top final. I'm not sure if there is a bump up from the lower finals.
Unless the rules have changed from last year a driver bumps up from every Main final. It has been this way for many years now. I like this method as a driver who is constantly in the A Main could have a bad day (getting took out in each qualifying session) and still make it back up to the A Main again.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #1054
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammpp
Unless the rules have changed from last year a driver bumps up from every Main final. It has been this way for many years now. I like this method as a driver who is constantly in the A Main could have a bad day (getting took out in each qualifying session) and still make it back up to the A Main again.
I was checking out last year's results and I didn't see the bump-up in the lower mains. What do you think?

http://www.winternats.com/2006/friday_mains.htm
Old 02-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #1055
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I was checking out last year's results and I didn't see the bump-up in the lower mains. What do you think?

http://www.winternats.com/2006/friday_mains.htm
Bump ups
ie
Pete Pepe winning G main and then bumped to F main and got second. Al Guerra won the C and bumped to B and got 12th in the B.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #1056
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Barry must be stoked to win that Mugen towel. Hey Barry, now you've got a new bathroom mat to pee on

http://www.winternats.com/gallery2/v..._1161.jpg.html
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #1057
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
Bump ups
ie
Pete Pepe winning G main and then bumped to F main and got second. Al Guerra won the C and bumped to B and got 12th in the B.
I started looking from the F Main. Ron Spinelli didn't go from F to E - and James Burrows didn't go from D to C. So what's up with that?? I did see that Luke Whitaker jumped from E to D, but he got a DNS..

I believe the jump from C to B is considered an upper main.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #1058
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
I was pretty surprised by the number of guys that jumped to 22 laps yesterday.

At the end of round 4, only 7 had made 22 laps.

At end end of round 5, 2 had gone to 23 laps, 5 stayed at 22 and 10 more guys made 22 laps (including Jilles).

Of the 5 that did not make 23 laps

- Josh Cyrul almost made 23 laps (missed it by just 1.75 seconds)
- Danny Horta improved his time by 8.46 seconds
- Martin Christensen improved his time by 6.07
- Chris Tosolini did not make 5 minutes
- Barry Baker did not make 5 minutes

I guess my question is, was the traction that much better during round 5 or did the guys who made the jump to 23/22 laps finally find the right setup and/or just push their car that much harder??
It was the traction.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #1059
jag
Tech Master

Quote:
I started looking from the F Main. Ron Spinelli didn't go from F to E - and James Burrows didn't go from D to C. So what's up with that?? I did see that Luke Whitaker jumped from E to D, but he got a DNS..

I am pretty sure that there is a bump (if wanted, you don't have to take it) for every main. When you accept the bump, your finish in the previous race (the race you won) is erased and you start over in the next main. You don't get a 1st place trophy for the race you won and a 3rd place for the race you bumped to. I'm not looking at last years results but they might not list the winning driver if he accepted the bump-up.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #1060
Suspended

any updates on the 8th scale?
MERCCER4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #1061
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
"World Championship finalist and all round fast driver Robert Pietsch has left Mugen, a manufacturer he has raced with for many years, to work and race for Shepherd Racing. Shepherd racing took over the old Picco 1/8th scale car project a few years back and the car has only had minimum development since. Pietsch’s position at his new employer will involve designing and developing the car further as well as being its top team driver along with, son of Shepherd owner, Patrick Schäfer. We heard that issues over what engine Robert could run whilst racing last year for Mugen prompted his decision to move."

Well, I guess they also took over the graphic work Clever guys
Dude, hey. I'm from Colorade, USA. Maybe you know my buddies from CO Springs...Sal Difazio and Robert Ronas (they use to drive Picco) until Ron passed away. Anyway, dude if I were you I would at least email them and explain the situation with your artwork. I mean, did you get anything from Picco for doing that art work, or do you work for free? Cause if you work for free we got a forum full of people that would love to use your talents.

I know I recognized that symbol from somewhere. And you must have done that years back because it's been around forever from what I remember. Of course I'm getting old and memory tricks me sometimes.

So whether it's just for your recognition or whether it's for getting some cash out of it, I would at least email them to get it off your chest bro. It's obviously bugging you, so step up and confront them. I sure they mean well just as you do. It won't hurt to bring it up to Shepperd racing or whomever they are. Good Luck bro! later.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #1062
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

The 2 finals that were missing bump ups were due to the bumped driver not starting the final or stating he wasnt willing to run anymore as far as I know. There is no next driver move up in that case so only 11 cars ran in the next finals. Bump ups for all finals otherwise.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #1063
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz
Barry must be stoked to win that Mugen towel. Hey Barry, now you've got a new bathroom mat to pee on

http://www.winternats.com/gallery2/v..._1161.jpg.html

Why not? He's drving a Mugen copy, so why not get the towel?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #1064
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, hey. I'm from Colorade, USA. Maybe you know my buddies from CO Springs...Sal Difazio and Robert Ronas (they use to drive Picco) until Ron passed away. Anyway, dude if I were you I would at least email them and explain the situation with your artwork. I mean, did you get anything from Picco for doing that art work, or do you work for free? Cause if you work for free we got a forum full of people that would love to use your talents.

I know I recognized that symbol from somewhere. And you must have done that years back because it's been around forever from what I remember. Of course I'm getting old and memory tricks me sometimes.

So whether it's just for your recognition or whether it's for getting some cash out of it, I would at least email them to get it off your chest bro. It's obviously bugging you, so step up and confront them. I sure they mean well just as you do. It won't hurt to bring it up to Shepperd racing or whomever they are. Good Luck bro! later.

What the heck? Picco has been using this art work for ages and they sold all the tools,stocks and packaging material to Shepherd, that's why it is there.

Anders, every Picco engine I've bought in the last 5 years had a box that looked like that. Why come up with it now.

I actually own the copy rights on the color that Novarossi is using on their cooling heads, but who gives a damn?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #1065
Tech Adept

Bumps for the lower mains are in place. I just heard from the track that Jilles Groskamp who qualified in 78th position has won all his sub mains and will now start tomorrow in the C-mains. His car is being rebuilt at the moment, fresh for tomorrows assault. With his skills, i would expect we could see him in the A-main.
RedRC is offline   Reply With Quote