R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #526
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Attached Thumbnails
2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-034.jpg   2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-036.jpg   2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-037.jpg   2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-038.jpg   2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-039.jpg  

Old 09-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #527
ira
Tech Fanatic

Attached Thumbnails
2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-035.jpg   2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-040.jpg   2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-046.jpg   2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-056.jpg   2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-055.jpg  

Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #528
ira
Tech Fanatic

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE DAD!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-020.jpg  
Old 09-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #529
Tech Regular

Great weekend, great series, great people, great pics............
Espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #530
Tech Regular

What a great weekend for racing! The weather was soooo nice it doesn't seem right that the season is almost over. I had a blast at my first midwest series race and wish I would have got a car sooner so I could have made more of them. Next year I'll be ready!
Congrats on the race and series wins Paul. Hopefully I made you work a little bit for it. lol Good luck in Vegas.
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #531
ira
Tech Fanatic

Had a great time racing with all of you, hopefully I can make all of the races next year.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #532
ira
Tech Fanatic

TQ'S for the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Midwest Series-midwest-series-toledo-2007-062.jpg  
Old 09-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #533
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Even though I had engine then electrical problems all weekend I had a great time. It was a very well ran weekend and a bunch of good racing! It's too bad the season is just about done.........
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #534
Tech Regular

Wow, what a year. First off, I have the race report, point standings, and photo gallery all on the www.midwestseries.com website. I got alot of grief last month so hopfully everyone is happy now (I know some probably are not, but oh well).

This season was a fun one. I want to thank Paul Ciccarello, Aaron Buran, my dad, Mark Unger, Allen Denzine, Eli Ezrow, Joby Uchman, Mr Uchman, Mike Pulfer, Ray J, as well as the others that I pitted with this year in the Midwest. It was alot of fun and look forward to next year.

I want to thank my sponsors with supporting me this year with great equipment: Mike Swauger - Mugen USA/MSR/Ninja, Paul Chicky - Parma, Greg Tong - Tornado Fuel, Brad Toffelmire - YBSlow Inc, and Daniel A - KO Propo.

Congrats to the Midwest Series Champions: Allen, Mark, and Paul

To all the clubs that hosted a Midwest Series race this year, I commend you on the efforts you put forth. This year there wasn't a race that was below average when it came to effort and results. Every race was well run and the track conditions were dealt with accordingly.

Congrats to Ron Trobaugh on taking on the MWS Director role. Thanks Mark Unger, you did an outstanding job the last two seasons as Director.

And finally thanks to Stacey (my fiance) for being at every race. Its great having a spouse that enjoys watching toy cars in a parking lot and still has fun with everyone. Our next season may be limited due to wedding plans and vacation time, but we still plan on attending MWS races for sure.
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #535
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB View Post
ANYONE HAVE THE FINAL RESULTS FOR EACH CLASS?

THANKS!
The results are up now. And you might be, who (from South Dakota)???
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:43 AM   #536
Tech Regular

What a great way to finish off the Midwest Series Season. Great weather, great racing, with a bunch of great people. I would like to thank everyone that has ran a MWS race in the past 2 years while I had the privilege to help organize these great events. And to all the Host tracks that did a wonderful job in hosting there event. There are way too many people to personally thank for all of their work as a track host. But when you go to these tracks next year, be sure to thank the guyís that bust their buts organizing their race for all of you to have a good time.

Congratulations to all of this yearís Champions. Three of the four classes took it to the very last race to decide the championship. Thatís good competition.

I have stressed that the MWS is all about having fun. And looking back over the past 2 years I think that was accomplished. If you didnít have a good time at each of these events maybe you were just having a really bad weekend with your car (which will do it) or you just took everything way too seriously. We all go back to a real job on Monday after playing in our hobby that we all share together.

Thanks to Ron Trobaugh for stepping up and becoming the new MWS director. Iím sure Brian and I will do what ever is necessary to help out Ron in his new endeavor.

A special thanks to all of this years MWS sponsors that made possible to hand out all the event awards, year end trophies, and great door prizes.

Novarossi Fusion Motor Sports Max Power JR Racing Kyosho Molzer Mowery Racing Tornado Fuel Team Associated Brooklyn Hobbies Futaba Parma/PSE Faskolor EDís RC Tools Sirio Engines

Thanks to Brian Berry for all of his help the last 2 years with support of the MWS web site, handling the series points, writing the race reports (I could have some fun right here, but I wonít) and for all the help for me at the track.

Iíll be back next year to try and defend my Masters Championship and maybe Iíll be able to concentrate a little more on working on my car and conversing with friends.

Mark Unger
X-Midwest Series Director
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:47 AM   #537
Tech Regular

The following people did not get their event award because I was not prepared for the large turnout in 1/8th. Please send me your address and I will be sure to get you your plaque. I will need to have the engravings done so I'll need your reply ASAP. You can PM me here.

D Main
1st - Carlos Latorre
2nd - Wilson Man
3rd - Kim Suphankomut

E Main
1st - Steve Lazarus
2nd - Jimmy Lo
3rd - Mark Frazier
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 PM   #538
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks to All,

Just wanted to offer my THANKS to both Mark Unger and Brian Berry for all their time and effort to make the Series a fun time this year. They kept things rolling smoothly and informing us of the results, which just added to the experience. As importantly, they were both able to win their respective 1/8th Series while doing it - Nice Job! Congrats also to Paul LeMeuix and Allen Denzine on their victories as well.

Thanks to Ted Hammer and the Team at Toledo for another great race. Looking forward to next year and wishing Ron Torbaugh well as he takes on the challenge of keeping the spirit of the MWS alive and well.

Steve Lazarus
lazarsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #539
Tech Elite

Thanks to the one eighth racers for a great season ender!
Congrats to all the winners.
Special thanks to Mark Unger for his excellent work as Director. I will try to do as well.
For me, the Midwest Series represents the best of rc racing. So, I won't screw around with the basics...
We do have some changes to make for next season, and I will talk about that soon.
Great work on the write-up Brian! Pretty quick too..
I will start a new thread for the 08 season, and post some of my thoughts for the new season.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #540
Tech Regular

Roger E. Williams and the whole Toledo group would like to thank all of the Midwest Series racers who came out the screamer their Monkey's last weekend. Hopefully everyone had a good time and it will keep you satisfied until next Spring.

Thanks to Mr. Bryan (Dennis's little brother) Young for his Race Directing. Also, a BIG Thank you to Mark Unger and Brian for keeping the MWS pointed in the right direction the last couple of years.

Ron, thanks for volunteering your time and energy to be the next MWS Director.

Results of the Toledo MWS event on Sept. 22 and 23rd are now posted.

http://www.jlapracemanager.com/JL_Results.aspx

Sorry for the delay, there were modem issues, work may have gotten in the way, a flat tire, locust, it was not my fault.
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote