R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #436
Tech Elite

Thanks to the Chicago club! Great race weekend, fun layout, excellent grip and fairly low tire wear.

Ditto on the traffic issue! Driving through Chicago is never fun, but this was the worst! I couldn't take it anymore and got off 90 as soon as I could get to an exit. Headed toward the lake only to find a Latin music festival in progress at Grant park! I finally made it to Lake Shore Drive and got to the Skyway. Took 2 hours just to get to the Skyway from the track! That's quite a bit better than some of you experienced, but still anoiying.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #437
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

You guys should have taken my route. After being in traffic for about a an hour I decided to get off of Ohio St. I went through down town and got on the express way south, next to Lake Michigan(Lake Shore Blvd maybe?). It was about 45 min. to the Skyway from there and then it was clear sailing until I got stopped going 76 in a 55 So It was about 2 hrs to get to the Skyway from the track.

Paul
Old 08-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #438
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
You guys should have taken my route. After being in traffic for about a an hour I decided to get off of Ohio St. I went through down town and got on the express way south, next to Lake Michigan(Lake Shore Blvd maybe?). It was about 45 min. to the Skyway from there and then it was clear sailing until I got stopped going 76 in a 55 So It was about 2 hrs to get to the Skyway from the track.

Paul
Paul,

So you were driving too fast in both your RC car and your full size car. Maybe that ticket can help me in Toledo and force you to slow down (hopfully only in the RC car)

Good job again this weekend. Next race will be exciting! So is Josh coming.......

Oh yeah those of you who didn't know, Paul is getting married this weekend.......
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #439
Tech Regular

Well this year is really heating up heading into the last race of the season for the Midwest Series Point Standings. Only one class is locked up with the other three in tight battles. I will try to break down the senarios but we all know the results speak for themselves after the race.

1/10th 200mm
Current leader Chris Doseck has a pretty good look for another series win (won the 2005 MWS title after a tie break). Going into the last race in Toledo, Paul Lemiuex is the only driver that could take the win in 200mm. Paul needs to TQ and win to get the maximum points possible of 100. If Doseck was to qualifying and finish second, the tie would go to Doseck.

1/10th Outlaw
There is no one else able to get Allen Denzine. He is the only one locked in with a 2007 Midwest Series Championship. Congrats Allen on your first Midwest Series Title!

1/8th 4WD
Current leader Brian Berry has a 10 point margin on Paul Ciccarello. However with a miss race in Racine and a bad race in Cincy Paul's 2 drops), Paul can still take the title by gettig a minimum of 97 points and as long as Brian does not get more than 95. Basically if they finish 1-2 in Toledo, whoever finishes 1st will win the title. Third place runner Eli is close but would fall 1 point short even if he takes TQ and the win in Toledo.

1/8th Masters
Lets just say it would take too much typing to figure who can win this class. Its a battle between 4 drivers, Mark Unger, Dave Berry, Ron Trobaugh, and Steve Lazarus.

I will have the point standings up on the website late tonight. I will be a the Detroit Tigers game and will get them up after that. I wish I could do it here at work but the firewall doesn't let me get to the MWS admin page. I will post them on the MWS site, not here (on RCTECH) as the MWS site is the official place to get the results.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #440
Tech Regular

You guys are complaining about traffic while I was home looking after the generator because we had a big storm come thru Friday evening and knocked out the power which pretty much screwed up my weekend of racing......damn it!

Traffic sounds like more fun.

Ted
Ted Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #441
Tech Regular

Great job by the Chicago club (all 4 of them). They were once again able to host another fun MWS race with a nice layout and a very smooth running program. With a turnout of 46 racers we were able to have 7 heats which is a very comfortable number for not being rushed and not have to wait a real long time to race again. Congratulation to Allen for his 1st MWS Championship and good luck to everyone else that is taking to the very end. For those of you that looked carefully at the top 3 finishers in each class that Brian listed, I want you all to know there is not a typo in 1/8th Open. Yes that is Don Jones that took the 3rd place spot.
And yes CHICAGO traffic SUCKS. 3 hours to go 20 miles.
For those of you that werenít able to attend I started my campaign to select a new MWS Director for next season. If you are interested please let me know. Iím sure there is someone out there that would like to see the MWS keep heading in the right direction.
Mark
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #442
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Congratulation Paul............
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #443
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The Chgo MWS race was a lot of fun. I waited at home for the radar to clear up and then headed up/over to DesPlaines. I left at 9 and arrived at 10.
You guys travelling, PLEASE ask the locals how to beat Chgo traffic. I drive it every day and was home in just over an hour, to NW IN.
Next year shouldn't be a problem with the race being in Joliet.
I want to thank Mark Unger for all his work as race director the past 2 yrs. I was sorry to hear his decision to step down. Hopefully his replacement will do the same admirable job.
Congrats to all the A Main winners. The racing was close and everybody was pushing to the edge resulting in equipment/mental break downs.
Best Wishes Chicky03! Hope this doesn't curtail your RC career. Sorry to hear about the ticket. That Sucks. Everybodies doing 70+ from the skyway thru the In tollway system.
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #444
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mr. Unger you have pm.

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #445
Tech Regular

Point Standings are now posted on the Midwest Series website after Chicago.

www.midwestseries.com
Old 08-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

no the points are the same from the racine race

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #447
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Gotta click on the point standings from the left menu.. Nice job being in the hunt for the top spot! How's the 400+* engine? Looked great in the Main. Might have to get one, what is it?
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #448
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
Gotta click on the point standings from the left menu.. Nice job being in the hunt for the top spot! How's the 400+* engine? Looked great in the Main. Might have to get one, what is it?
lmao- yeah that engine died after that but i went home sat. night and got my max power engine and thats what i ran in the main. its a very fast motor.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #449
Tech Master

i went into paoints standings and then clicked on 200 mm and nothing has changed

Old 08-29-2007, 05:20 AM   #450
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop View Post
i went into paoints standings and then clicked on 200 mm and nothing has changed
Goop,

You may need to hit refresh on the point standings page. The points are updated and are working after Chicago. Another option may be to go into internet options and clear history and delete temp internet files. Maybe that will do it.