R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #286
Tech Regular

Congrats to all the DRCCC guys that came out and gave a helping hand. Many of whom stayed to help setup and tear down, thanks to those that DID! Bryan Young ran a great race as Director and Tom Kelly put in numerous hours leading up to the race with new flapper designs which made it alittle safer on cars.

Thanks to all the racers for keeping the place clean all weekend. The track area after the racing was relativly clean.

Thanks to the series sponsors and the ones that support me with my racing: Mugen USA, Ninja, Tornado, Parma, Faskolor, and KO Propo
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #287
Tech Regular

Many thanks to all the people for their time and hard work to host the MWS in Detroit this last weekend. Tom did a great job pooling all the resources he could to make this a great weekend. I want to personally thank everyone that came together and helped him. It’s not just the great racing we have here in the Midwest, it’s the great people we have here that make things like this happen. The people that get involved in the functions a club know how much work is involved to host a weekend event. If you can’t find the time to help these clubs please find time to come and race with them and support the hosting clubs in this great MWS we have. Congratulations to all the winners and to the Raffle winners. Thanks to all of the MWS sponsors for supporting us this year. Thanks Bryon, for another perfectly run program.

Mark
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #288
Tech Elite

Thanks, for all your efforts Tom, the Berrys, and whoever else was involved.
Layout was fun and challenging.
Brian, great job getting the recap up so fast! BTW, please try and remember to correct the spelling of my name... It's Tro... not Tor.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is there Jlap results postings somewhere?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:28 AM   #290
Tech Regular

I thought I heard Bryon say that they were posted some where on Jlaps site
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #291
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
Is there Jlap results postings somewhere?

Yeah they are alread posted on Jlap website.

www.jlapracemanager.com

Click on Race Results --> Ohio --> Tri-State --> The results are there from 5/24/07 (yes it should be 6/24 but it reads 5/24).
Old 06-25-2007, 08:47 AM   #292
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneland View Post
Thanks, for all your efforts Tom, the Berrys, and whoever else was involved.
Layout was fun and challenging.
Brian, great job getting the recap up so fast! BTW, please try and remember to correct the spelling of my name... It's Tro... not Tor.
Ron,

Sorry. That must have been wrong for a long time. I always thought it was Tor.... I'll make the corrections tonight as I was just told the pictures are available. I'll get them all done tonight and maybe a race report (since Eli thinks the house is done and I have all the time in the world )
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #293
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks to anybody involved with making the Detroit MWS event a home run! The track layout was very fun. After taking a year off to race offroad, this race heated up my passion for the tarmac again!! Good to see a lot of familiair faces from years past. Always fast, friendly competition. Looking forward to the Byrons Race at my new home track, Leisure Hours. Hope some of you guys can make it out. The facility is one of the finest in the country..imho. If not, Racines in a month.
Brian- Thanks for posting results. I entered a second class Sunday am. I signed up in Masters, but I'm in with 1/8 scale. I was my first time racing scale. I won't be getting any younger. Thanks again, Nick Altieri
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #294
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
Thanks to anybody involved with making the Detroit MWS event a home run! The track layout was very fun. After taking a year off to race offroad, this race heated up my passion for the tarmac again!! Good to see a lot of familiair faces from years past. Always fast, friendly competition. Looking forward to the Byrons Race at my new home track, Leisure Hours. Hope some of you guys can make it out. The facility is one of the finest in the country..imho. If not, Racines in a month.
Brian- Thanks for posting results. I entered a second class Sunday am. I signed up in Masters, but I'm in with 1/8 scale. I was my first time racing scale. I won't be getting any younger. Thanks again, Nick Altieri
Thanks for coming out Nick. So you were in Masters? I was looking over the results and saw your name was added on Sunday. I didn't have the entries to see if you were open or Masters. I put you in open cause I thought you looked young enough.....

I will have to update the points later tonight when I get home.

Take care
Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #295
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Your too kind.. I wish I was under 45.

I also wanna say thanks to Mugen pilot Ira Schultz for parts support and tech advice. It's always good to see the "Factory" guys willing to help out an "old" club racer.
Same goes for Duneland Hobby Shop owner Ron Trobough. Always takes time out to help out. Great run by Ron to TQ Masters and make the show!!
TeamCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:26 AM   #296
Tech Regular

Sorry guys, last night I crashed on the couch. I was out after starting to watch Sportscenter laying on the couch after a long weekend. I have a great report already completed by Eli (Thanks Eli) and should have it up later today on the MWS website. Along with Photo Gallery and update to the points with a driver in Masters, not Open, I got to have everything done today so I can get ready for Canadian Nats this weekend.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #297
Tech Addict

I just want to say thanks again to all who helped me out this weekend. There was a lot of stress involved getting it done and sacrifices made by people just to do it not just me. There were even folks who didn't race just to come help out. 2 of them were newbies to RC that were looking to get into it. As always Lou P was trying to do more than he should, and Ted, Brian, Dave, Dave, Ray C and his little army, Ray J, Mark Rodney, Will Sexton, came out too so very big thanks to those guys. Like I said before, I don't plan on doing this again under these circumstances. Its been a great experience for me, one of the most challenging efforts I have ever put forth, yet I could have not done without the help of people like them. I'm glad everyone had fun!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #298
Tech Elite

Tom, Did you see a blue starter box and red glow ignighter?
Mine did not make it back with me.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #299
Tech Addict

So You were the one!
I think Ted, Mark Rodney, or Brian has it.

Its always a good idea to leave your name somewhere on pit equipment...
Old 06-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #300
Tech Elite

Cool, let me know when you find out who has it, so arangements can be made. That was my first time using that box.