R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #241
Tech Elite

Well the rumor I heard was the mains were rained out and everybody went home.
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #242
Tech Elite

Yup!
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #243
Tech Adept

Hammer,

What does that 'E' stand for in Roger's name??
fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #244
Tech Regular

Yes, unfortunately the MWS race in Mentor got rained out for Sunday racing. Fortunately, as announced at the drivers meeting Saturday morning, 4 rounds would be attmepted due to forecasters calling for rain on Sunday with a high percentage. It proved out well as the racers that made the race, had the most run time they could possibly get. Congrats to the MORR club for and outstanding race and fun but yet technical layout.

The race report is now online on the Midwest Series website (yes Eli it is done the same night.....new record). I'm sure it may not be fast enough for one individual. Photos are coming in the next day or 2 once send to me for updating.
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #245
Tech Regular

Congratulations on your TQ run Brian and thanks for getting up the points and report so fast!
Darint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:07 AM   #246
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Really a SUPER job Brian, on the write-up and so soon, especially since you did TQ and win! Congrats on a stellar performance. Your car looked really good. Looking forward to the next gas race with all my friends. Also congrats to everyone that made the trip and did the best that they could. With 4 rounds in one day, you should be able to get at least one good qualifier in. Great job to MORR also. The layout was a little tricky, but fun.
1fastdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #247
Suspended

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
With 4 rounds in one day, you should be able to get at least one good qualifier in.
Not everyone did.

Good seeing you again, Eli.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #248
Tech Regular

Quote:
Really a SUPER job Brian, on the write-up and so soon, especially since you did TQ and win! Congrats on a stellar performance. Your car looked really good. Looking forward to the next gas race with all my friends. Also congrats to everyone that made the trip and did the best that they could. With 4 rounds in one day, you should be able to get at least one good qualifier in. Great job to MORR also. The layout was a little tricky, but fun.

Thanks Eli. It was nice coming home early to complete most of it. I wasn't too happy when I got though. I just bought a nice patio furniture set to go with the nice paver brick patio and came home and saw the nice new table set under shattered glass (and it didn't have an umbrella yet)! I guess there was some very windy conditions during the storm in the Detroit area on Saturday that took the glass right off the table (about 150lbs).

Anyway see you all in Detroit in a few weeks. And Eli, great run for yourself in Mentor!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #249
Tech Regular

I would like to thank all the racers that attended the Mentor race. And a special thanks to the few that had the optimistic view of the weather forecast for Sunday and came Sunday morning. It was 5 minutes to the start of race 1 when the rain came. Just to let everyone know as soon as I called the race about 11:00 or so and we started to pick up the track it quit raining. But the humidity was so high the pavement never dried. At 4:00 it poured again.
See you all in Detroit in 3 weeks.
Mark
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #250
Tech Regular

OK MWS racers. Don’t get left out of this one. Pre-register for the up and coming Detroit MWS race June23-24 and be eligible for a number of door prizes. Prizes include a 200mm On-Road Gas Car, NovaRossi .21 motor, tools and more. But you must pre-register by going to www.midwestseries.com by midnight Thursday June 22nd.
Mark
Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #251
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not to sure that the pre-registration is working??????
Old 06-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #252
Tech Regular

There is a small glitch on the MWS site for pre-registration. On the left side of the WEB site click on "Schedlues/Fees" Then to the right of Detroit race date there is a button that will take you to the Pre-registration page.
Mark
Old 06-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #253
Tech Regular

Quote:
Not to sure that the pre-registration is working??????
Yeah it was brought to my attention this morning. I don't have access here at work to fix. I will make updates tonight a fix the glitch. Mark's notes work for those looking to pre register for Detroit.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #254
Tech Addict

Smile

I've just spoke to the theater manager at Emagine theater and he told me the parking lot has been sealcoated.
tomkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #255
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Hotels

Tom,

Are there any discounts setup with the area hotels in Canton?

James