R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #166
Tech Adept

Thanks for the good Karma Espo! Congrats to all the winners, despite some scoring gremlins and some bad weather the Cincinnati club did a great job pulling it all together, a great start to the 2007 Midwest Series.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Nice job fellas. I am going to try to make it to one of these races to see this action first hand.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:54 AM   #168
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Really enjoyed watching Ted and Brian battle during the Amain. Good clean close racing, amazing car control racing so close and not touch each other well done!!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 AM   #169
Tech Elite

Thanks to the Cinci team! job well done..
Onward to Mentor!
Mark, want to trade motors? .
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #170
Tech Adept

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizby
Do you remember were you stayed last year in cincy?
I am not driveing that far again!
Gotta stay closer this time.
But not at hooker central. like 2 years ago.
i thought you said it was "hooker" heaven! me and the other 15 or so racers there were sadly dissappointed.

nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #171
Tech Regular

Well despite the small software glitch and the rain starting at 5:00 on Saturday afternoon the first MWS race was able to get in 3 rounds of qualifying, 30 minute mains and finish at 4:45 on Sunday. Not only did the Cinci club have to recover from their scoring and tech building being burnt down, they also had to replace the AMB scoring systems (2), flat screen monitor and even the chain link fence gates that were stolen. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, all of this years Cincinnati MWS entrants can feel that they helped the Cinci club because the MWS donated 10% of all entry fees to help the club recoup. Thanks to all the Cinci club members for hosting another great race for the MWS. Congratulations to all the winners and Top Qualifiers. We had 79 entries, which was just a little low probably because of the threatening weather on Saturday. Hope to see everyone in Mentor for the next MWS race. I think everyone should enjoy this year’s layout. We had a lot of fun on it at our first club race. I sure hope I spelled everything correct this time.

Mark
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:11 AM   #172
Tech Adept

You can view the top three finishers in each main at www.TSRCAR.com. Also available there is a link to the official lap times for the entire event.

Doug
Old 05-09-2007, 05:16 AM   #173
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack
You can view the top three finishers in each main at www.TSRCAR.com. Also available there is a link to the official lap times for the entire event.

Doug
Thanks Doug. I have updated th MWS website which includes a brief write up as well as the 2007 point standings. I am writing up a report and should have it up by the end of the week. I will include the link to TSRCAR's race results page on JLap in the report.
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #174
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

By the end of what week?????
Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #175
Tech Rookie

They work at their own speed, slow!
Gas Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #176
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude
By the end of what week?????
Eli,

I guess I need to speed up? I currently have been swamped at work as what looked to appear to be a good chance our company would be purchased ( a good thing), I am now putting in numerous hours to help within our Engineering department (CAD Design) and with a few other designers to be able to sell us to another automotive supplier. Working for the auto industry sucks right now and I am trying to hopeful something can come of it.

After Cincy things looked promising as a potential buyer would sign by mid May. As the union workers were working out a bargaining agreement it wasn't successful and as of today things turned pretty bad. As far as I know were are still working but not a comfortable feeling.

I will try to have the report up soon. I guess someone wants to pass me and take it over. So if Gas Racer wants he can handle it. Its just a shame he didn't make it to Cincy to see what happened.

Nice job in Cincy Eli, you making it to Canada for the Can-Am? Also did you get the link I sent you about the Birth Certificate?

Take care
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #177
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Berry
Eli,

I guess I need to speed up? I currently have been swamped at work as what looked to appear to be a good chance our company would be purchased ( a good thing), I am now putting in numerous hours to help within our Engineering department (CAD Design) and with a few other designers to be able to sell us to another automotive supplier. Working for the auto industry sucks right now and I am trying to hopeful something can come of it.

After Cincy things looked promising as a potential buyer would sign by mid May. As the union workers were working out a bargaining agreement it wasn't successful and as of today things turned pretty bad. As far as I know were are still working but not a comfortable feeling.

I will try to have the report up soon. I guess someone wants to pass me and take it over. So if Gas Racer wants he can handle it. Its just a shame he didn't make it to Cincy to see what happened.

Nice job in Cincy Eli, you making it to Canada for the Can-Am? Also did you get the link I sent you about the Birth Certificate?

Take care
Who the heck is that clown that keeps complaining about everything.
OldNSlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:11 AM   #178
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm the "CLOWN" and yes I received the link and have birth certificate in hand! I intend on being at the Can-Am challenge and look forward to a great time their. Sorry about your job situation and I hope that everything works out for the best. I too was in the same predicament a few years back and understand the severity of this time in your life. Thanks for the "props" and you too also did a great job in Cincy.

Eli
Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #179
Tech Adept

Eli. I hope to be at the Can-Am.

Can you help me? LOL!
Old 05-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #180
Tech Elite

I want to get some input from others regarding tires....
Mark mentioned a rule against using 'rear rubber' fronts in 1/8 scale. Giving cost savings as the reason. I am all in favor of saving money, and am not trying to start any controversy. However, at Cinci I was running 35 shore rear/32 shore front (conventional front rubber). During main (and warm up) I lost over 4mm from the rear and less than 2mm from the front tires. Every adjustment on my car is more or less maximized for steering. It was my desire to run the rear rubber fronts in an effort to ballance tire wear and get rid of the push that developes when the front over-drive increases due to the smaller rear tires.
Will the 'rear rubber' fronts wear that much faster than the conventional fronts? Naturally, I was hoping to find a closer front/rear wear rate. If they wear closer to the same rate, I see a cost savings rather than greater expense.
Cars, set-ups, and driving styles vary. My previous cars seemed to have more inherent steering and a more ballanced tire wear(using conventional tires). I imagine the use of 'rear rubber' fronts would have induced both oversteer and excessive front wear in those cars.
I only made a few laps with a set of 40 shore 'rear rubber' fronts. They felt very promising. I deffinately had some oversteer, but I have alot of adjustments available to get rid of that.
Just wondering if anyone would like to share their thoughts on the subject. I personaly, won't disobey any rules. I don't know of any ROAR rules that require a specific type of foam for either end of the car, so I can use the ones I have at other races.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote