Old 11-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies
Default fuel

has anyone tried cosmo fuel?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #47
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Ron H]Lol Mark, 50% nitro ;-) By the way let me publicly thank you and Ralph for using our 30% Werks "Race Blend" fuel at the nats. Your guy's results there were awesome, taking both TQ and the win. It was also great having Joel Johnson come in 3rd using our fuel also! Thank you again!

Thanks Ron. Great Stuff!!!
MBlackketter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #48
Tech Adept

Any opinions on Orion Black demon?
D_o_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
Lol Mark, 50% nitro ;-) By the way let me publicly thank you and Ralph for using our 30% Werks "Race Blend" fuel at the nats. Your guy's results there were awesome, taking both TQ and the win. It was also great having Joel Johnson come in 3rd using our fuel also! Thank you again!

Racing4Evo, thank you for your comments what you noticed when running the fuel. We spent nearly 2 years developing the product and testing virtually every combination of lubricants that we could find before we released it. It's been a lot of work but I honestly think that at this time we have one if not the best fuels available on the market here in the US and our race results are showing it. TQ, 1st and 3rd 1/8th On-Road National, 1st Great Lakes Challenge and let's not even get into off-road where a lot of the top drivers are using our fuel.

Corex, I'm sorry but you are completely incorrect, it's not oxidation. The anti-oxidant that we use is photo-reactive. Meaning it darkens when exposed to UV light just like film, that is it. It does not change the characteristics of the fuel at all. Is it strange to see this, yes I guess it is. But it is the best anti-oxidant that we could find so we decided to go with it. I guess we could have hid this fact by putting in some type of dye like other brands but if it does not add to performance, we do not put it in our product.

wallyedmonds, I'm just curious what you base this statement on? All fuels are based on the same basic ingredients, nitro-methane, methanol and lubricants. How can one go bad faster than another?? If anything our fuel should last longer as we add another step to the bottling process. That is induction sealing each bottle. So on the top of each bottle below the cap there is a vacuum sealed air tight foil seal. Meaning that it is impossible for the fuel to absorb moisture through the cap when sitting in the shop or when transported. So with our fuel when you open the bottle it is actually as fresh as the day it was bottled. This is also I belive something that only we do!

Ron H.
Werks Racing
www.werksracing.com
Everybody knows that if the color of the fuel changes it's color to like an apple cider that means it's BAD, can't deny that.
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #50

Anybody heard of REDLINE FUEL? I heard that it is one of the most under rated Fuel, is it true? heard a lot of good things about it. any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #51
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by COREX
Everybody knows that if the color of the fuel changes it's color to like an apple cider that means it's BAD, can't deny that.
Corex,

It looks like you know a lot about this subject, so tell me why the fuel is bad when it changes colors.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 11-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by COREX
Anybody heard of REDLINE FUEL? I heard that it is one of the most under rated Fuel, is it true? heard a lot of good things about it. any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Just because a fuel changes colors does not mean it is bad. You make a statement but can you support that statement?

Redline fuel is great. I run it when I can get it. Made by Glen Williams in Cali. Smokes a lot, but bottom line is that it runs great.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #53
Tech Champion

I'm happy enough with O'donnell 25% : clean, clear, and nice smell.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Btw, little questions :

when people choose higher nitro content, is the oil content drop as the nitro % goes up ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I think it is the methanol percentage that drops as the nitro goes up
Old 11-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #56
Suspended

Corex, I'm not trying to start a fight with you but again, you are wrong. We make fuel and engines and a lot of other things so I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I probably have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about especially when it comes down to a product that we make.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on these threads that have been in this industry for a long time and we are all open to sharing info. It is highly unlikely that anyone will try to deceive you so try being a little open minded. After all every body used to know that the world was flat too.

Ron H.
Werks Racing
www.werksracing.com
Ron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 AM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

In n Out burgers are best before they sit out too long and change colors. Fuel on the other hand is a different story.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #58
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen
In n Out burgers are best before they sit out too long and change colors. Fuel on the other hand is a different story.
I wouldn't know. It's been 8 months, 2 days, and 5 hours since I had a In n Out burger.
Buts thanks for reminding me o'l buddy.

Mark
Old 11-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

8 months, 2 days, and 5 hours would definitely turn an In n Out burger into apple cider.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote