R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Our last regional race here in Texas will incorporate a sportsman class, but it still does not prevent sportsman from entering what we call the modified class. Every driver had to learn from somewhere, and it's actually the new drivers that keep the hobby going. The only wat to get better and gain experience is to race against the experienced racers. Preventing any driver from signing up for any race will prevent newer drivers from competing. IMO!!
I don't think there should b any preventing a driver from racing. There just should b a sportsman class. If the guy is as fast as the fast guys, he should b able 2 race in the same main.
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:30 PM   #17
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

so what happins when a guy wins two races and wins because guys drope out in his class or race ? is that going to change his driving style when he start running with the faster guys no i dont think so .but running the class sounds like a good idea if guys want to go in it .how do you make it work if guys spend there money and feel they can drive just as good as you
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #18
Tech Regular
 
Lil Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 265
Default Dont Re-invent the Wheel

Again Taurean, I agree with you 100% about something needs to be done. However, we should not make major changes if we have not done everything we can to solve the problems with what we have. Re-shuffles, Bump-ups, and how can I forget that the computer has a rating system. We need to use all the tools available. If the rating system is used, then I think the quals would be set up better. Tom used the rating system in Edison and it works. The only tip or tweak was to make everyone either 10, 5, 1. When you get into the other numbers, you give the computer too much room to mess up. If a guy is fast, then he is a 10. If a guy is ok, he is a 5. Guys that are slow, but dont hack, they are 5's. Everyone else is a 1. The problem is, when the entries are low 20-30, you/computer cannot help mixing in fast and slow in one heat. That is why two classes are tough. A good day in the tri-state area is 50-60 guys. That means only 25-30 are driving 1/8th or 1/10th. Do you really want to take 25 and split that into 2 classes??? Hell no, you put the fast in a heat and slower guys in a heat. Again, Taurean/Pooh, dont mask the real problem with a hasty fix. Tom, does not use JLap because he is an expert with his software, so he can manipulate things to make the race flow well. Floyd had alot of issues during the season, and now can concentrate next year on tweaking things to make racing almost perfect. Let your skills speak for you. Heats are posted, then you prove yourself by making it into the higher mains if you got put in with the slower guys. DONE.
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

i think things will work them selves out for next year . this year was not all that bad . we did get to race and have some good races in fact . so lets see what the new year brings .
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2
Jim, it's just u always post things like that man. Cost has nothing 2 do with what was said. In fact, It kinda does. Last race at Floyed, I seen guys hack the hell out of Alex Frank! There is no reason at ALL those guys should have been on the track with him! It cost money 2 repair parts that would'nt have broken if the hacks had there own time. The faster guys r well know by every1. There no reason they should have 2 run with hacks everytime they race.
Yea, you're right, top level drivers shouldn't have to race with hacks every time, but sometimes you don't have a choice. Low turnout or time constraints (put more people in a heat to have fewer heats) will dictate who races with who. There's always that one person who is going to do something to someone. That will never change. If a racer does something stupid it's up to the more repsected racers to talk to that person.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Captian, If I feel like I'm a bird and can fly. Deside 2 climb on a roof and jump off... I only hurt or kill myself. When a guy buys a 1500 car and feels he can run with the faster guys, he hurts himself and others that r faster than him. That's how come NFL players and high school football don't play 2gether. The high school football player is out of his leauge. Same thing with RC. Tryin or thinking u can run with the faster guys can on get both cars hurt. The faster guys have been faster 4 a while now. EVERYBODY knows who they r. If u r 2 laps down from TQ on the reg, there is NO WAY u should b in his race. If we just start hitting the slower guys then they'd say we're the hacks. I've seen Dread butcher Alex! Y should he suffer cuz Dread thinks he as fast? When a guy gets 2 a level he's not always a backmarker he should move up 2 a 5 or 10. Not just bcuz u he spends as much. It's just not fair.
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

This was a good season. The floyed guys did everything in their power 2 make it fun and they did. I enjoyed myself and look foward 2 a great season next year.
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #23
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

pooh2 you are right but it not that easy to say who should be where . i seen vince jackson put some of the fast guys down 2 laps does that mean they are slow . its not right that some guys get in the same race as other but some times it the luck of the draw . when a fast guy has problems does the mean he should be put in a race if he did not make there because of his past racing ? just look at who made the a main in the last winternats now there was talent there . the time you do in the pre race is to set you apart from every one thats not on your pace . what needs to happin is that the race meeting before the race things nedd to be said that guys the are faster then you sometime need to yeld to faster car in pre race because we are all on seperet clocks and letting a faster car pass clean will not hurt your time if you can not go any faster .
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:50 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian
pooh2 you are right but it not that easy to say who should be where . i seen vince jackson put some of the fast guys down 2 laps does that mean they are slow . its not right that some guys get in the same race as other but some times it the luck of the draw . when a fast guy has problems does the mean he should be put in a race if he did not make there because of his past racing ? just look at who made the a main in the last winternats now there was talent there . the time you do in the pre race is to set you apart from every one thats not on your pace . what needs to happin is that the race meeting before the race things nedd to be said that guys the are faster then you sometime need to yeld to faster car in pre race because we are all on seperet clocks and letting a faster car pass clean will not hurt your time if you can not go any faster .
Vince has put a couple of laps on guys a few times. But, 98% of the time it's not that much. Things do happen from time 2 time no doubt. But if week end week out u're 2 laps off common?
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:50 PM   #25
Tech Regular
 
nytaurean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mount Vernon, NY
Posts: 369
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default sportsman class

I'm glad there's some activity here, because that's why I wanted to start this thread to get guys talking. I say sportsman, sportsman, sportsman. A lot of you guys can't relate because you weren't around when robert poage was running the nercar races and sportsman class was mandatory if he didn't know who you were. At one stage Bob started this thing where other 1/8th races could vouch for another about if he should race in open or not. I say we hold a vote on sportsmans class as well as separation of drivers by "the ranking system" which I didn't know about.

The problem is there are a lot of guys who have improved yes, but top 20 a lot of you are not. 2 laps off of the TQ and you should absolutely not be in the same main as that TQ. I know this is a fact the more incidents that take place with a slower guy on the track. The more anomonsity it creates between the faster and slower guys, it's already causing segregation between the racers at the track and those in charge havn't even recognized it yet. Like some of the other guys said when you cause damage to your car because of someone who shouldn't have even been on the track its no fun and it can be expensive.
__________________
RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
Murnan Modified Motors
www.murnanmodified.com
nytaurean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #26
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytaurean
I'm glad there's some activity here, because that's why I wanted to start this thread to get guys talking. I say sportsman, sportsman, sportsman. A lot of you guys can't relate because you weren't around when robert poage was running the nercar races and sportsman class was mandatory if he didn't know who you were. At one stage Bob started this thing where other 1/8th races could vouch for another about if he should race in open or not. I say we hold a vote on sportsmans class as well as separation of drivers by "the ranking system" which I didn't know about.

The problem is there are a lot of guys who have improved yes, but top 20 a lot of you are not. 2 laps off of the TQ and you should absolutely not be in the same main as that TQ. I know this is a fact the more incidents that take place with a slower guy on the track. The more anomonsity it creates between the faster and slower guys, it's already causing segregation between the racers at the track and those in charge havn't even recognized it yet. Like some of the other guys said when you cause damage to your car because of someone who shouldn't have even been on the track its no fun and it can be expensive.
thats a good idea i was there for that with robert in nercar that sounds like a thing that can happin and guy taking a vote is good to . but lets do it in the meeting before hand these are things that need to come out .
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #27
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2
Vince has put a couple of laps on guys a few times. But, 98% of the time it's not that much. Things do happen from time 2 time no doubt. But if week end week out u're 2 laps off common?
i am with you with that two laps is off the pace but we have to do it in a resonable manner so all can understand and agree . i just dont think that some guys have a clue on this . but meetings before the race will help with this before pointing fingers start so we have fun and enjoy that day of racing
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian
i am with you with that two laps is off the pace but we have to do it in a resonable manner so all can understand and agree . i just dont think that some guys have a clue on this . but meetings before the race will help with this before pointing fingers start so we have fun and enjoy that day of racing
It's no fun fixing ur car bcuz somebody slower than u would'nt move over.
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #29
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2
It's no fun fixing ur car bcuz somebody slower than u would'nt move over.
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #30
Tech Regular
 
Lil Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 265
Default Put on Agenda

I will talk to Rick, and see if this topic can be added to his agenda for the next meeting. I think this a serious topic that involves everyone and should be discussed where a vote can be taken by members.
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slash Class and Losi Desert Truck Class Races bigmanrc Georgia Racing 22 09-22-2008 06:05 PM
Vintage class Camaro body and wheels/tires!! Cheap!! Vintage Class! Core Creations R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 06-26-2008 01:36 PM
Tuning Class..any SIFU (klang valley) offer engine tuning class??.. azmin Malaysian R/C Racers 17 06-20-2008 10:42 PM
REVO, why in the MT class? not in the Truggy class? rclab1 Monster Trucks 32 12-12-2007 06:40 AM
CORCS Region 6 - SK/MB Region - 2007 Offroad Season Budz Canadian R/C Scene 22 04-24-2007 12:03 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:11 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net