Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 01:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry HELP!!!!!

Hey guys i have always wanted a nitro car for 2 years and now i finally got one but i have some little things wrong with it

1. i have been trying to tune it in for 2 weeks now. no success
2. i have heaps of petrol coming out of the exhaust when i push thottle on? is that a problem or normal?
3.steering no matter wat i do i cant get both wheels straight.
4.my idle! also i cant get that right eatha.

If e n of uz could help it would be much appeciated.

Cheers Troy
Old 10-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

1. All that petrol comming out of your exhaust would mean your running your engine to rich. So turn the top needle (HSN) in a bit, but only a bit at a time (bout an 1/8th, no more than 1/4 at a time then drive for a bit before going in further). Outwards richer, Inwards Leaner.
2.You can't get both straight as in you can't drive in a straight line or you mean one wheel is straight and the other is pointing in or out.
3. Getting your Idle tuned, theres a little tiny screw that sits next to the HSN that you turn in or out, out to lower the idle, in to make it idle higher.

Any other questions, feel free to ask
Old 10-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey thanks for them tips ill try them tomorro.

yer one wheel is straight and the otha is pointing in.

but for some reason everytime i brake the engine stalls. i think that is to do with the idle aint it?

plus i put full throttle on and let go the car tends to slide right but also i think that might do with that steering problem!

Cheers Troy
Old 10-03-2006, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

To fix the wheels, check your toe in and camber. Your toe in might be a problem. Yep the reason why your engine is stalling when you apply the brakes is because of your idle, work with the idle screw first then do some small adjustments with the throttle trim on your Transmitter if you need to make a few minor adjustments. With you problem with car sliding to the right, it could be to do with your wheels not being straight, or maybe something in your car is locking, Also check to see if your shock springs are fine. That they are both even and you don't have uneven droop or ride height.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Rookie

alrite will try n check that tomorro.

n ill write how i go.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Holdenluva001
but for some reason everytime i brake the engine stalls. i think that is to do with the idle aint it?

Cheers Troy
no. You didn't say what car you have, but in my HPI RS4 3 it uses two servo horns with a spring on one servo for the brake and throttle. When I first got this car, the horns were not on correctly at ldle position. At idle, the throttle arm on the engine wasn't all the way back (for idle). This caused it to constintly give some gas which made the wheels spin like crazy, so I lowered the idle to compinsate. when I put on the brakes the servo arm did go back to idle position causing it to stall because I lowered the idle.

The point of my rambling: Before you adjust the idle or anything else on the engine, with the radio and reciever on, make sure the throtle arm on the engine is all the way back to idle position when at idle and when you apply the brakes.

On my car I noticed when the screw for the two servo horns is too tight, they both move together, which gives the engine gas after you apply the brakes. This is what happend to me but didn't realize it untill after it was stalling when i hit the brakes. Make sure this isn't happening to you
Old 10-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

heres some pics of what I mean
Attached Thumbnails HELP!!!!!-dsc01891.jpg   HELP!!!!!-dsc01892.jpg  
Old 10-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Rookie

i have a holden maloo clubsport R8 ute if that is e n help to u all.

i have a GV BV-1 chassis.

Last edited by Holdenluva001; 10-04-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i have a holden maloo clubsport R8 ute if that is e n help to u all.

my bad i thought you ment your real car

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 10-04-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
where should i send the throphy

wanker

It would seem that Holdenluva001 has a BV1 RTR. They come will all sorts of shells, Fords, Holdens and yes, even a maloo clubsport R8 ute. I dont think he was being a smart @rse. I think he was answering the best he knew how.
Good to see you were trying to help out though.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Rookie

hey viperskull,

Tried fixing it again today and it didnt change . tho when i start it the wheels turn without pressing the throttle. then the glow starter lost charge so itz on charge now.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Tech Regular

tho when i start it the wheels turn without pressing the throttle. then the glow starter lost charge so itz on charge now.
it might be an radio equipment interrupt.. but its normal that servos are behaving strange when you put the glowdriver to the engine. Metal against metal..
Old 10-04-2006, 02:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if it's the sort of clutch set up i think it is, sounds like a broken spring that holds the shoes closed
Old 10-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by robot
if it's the sort of clutch set up i think it is, sounds like a broken spring that holds the shoes closed
This is true. If the spring on the clutch is broken, or the shoes are melted to the bell housing, the clutch will aways grab spinning the wheels.

Take out your engine, then take off the bell housing and inspect the clutch

If clutch is okay, then it still sounds like the throttle arm on the carb isn't at idle position. This will give it gas spinning the wheels, but when you hit the brakes, the throttle arm goes to idle position cutting off the fuel.

If your clutch is good try this: Have a friend hold your radio with full brakes when you start. (From what you said it will not run with the brakes) increase your idle untill it starts, then have your friend let off the brakes (idle position)
if the engine revs up, you know that the throttle arm on the carb isn't in idle position, when your radio is.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Tech Rookie

okay i managed to get the idle right by using the receiver and the idle needle and doesnt drive automatically, but it still stalls when i brake.
n i was only driving mid thottle now full.

or and i have alot of fuel on the glowplug when i take it out? is that anotha problem

i will get some pictures soon so u can exactly c wat i am talking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.