R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Jones
Should or shoundn't ROAR-RULE 5.6.2 apply to how the race was called sunday, I was just wondering?
What is ROAR Rule 5.6.2? I was looking in the 2006 Rulebook but I must be looking in the wrong section.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Should or shoundn't ROAR-RULE 5.6.2 apply to how the race was called sunday, I was just wondering?

If you're referring to the rule that states if the mains are rained out the results are based on qualifying order, you are correct. However, now that I went through the rule book, I can't find it! However there is a rule that says the Designated ROAR official can change the rules based on the situations at the race (like it rains). This was the method used at last years Touring Car Regional at RC Madness. 3 rounds of qualifying were run on Saturday, but the mains were washed out on Sunday. Sucked, but what are ya gonna do?

So Jamie Corrado is the Nitro Touring Car Regional Champion, and Alex Frank is the 1/8 Regional Champion, if this is the rule they followed. I feel bad for Jamie because he was upset about not running the main last year, and he wins it the same way this year.

So why was I booted off the BARCAR website?
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Eric, ROAR Rule 5.6.2. does not apply. The car had a transponder in it.
Immediatly after his qualifier Jaime informed us he did not count for one or more laps. We neglected to look into it until Jaime asked we do so as we were calling the race as being rained out the next day. The qualifying results cleary show Jaime not counting for two laps. He had two 30 sec laps without making any stops during the qualifier. The decision was not made on a whim.
Region 1 Director Chris Raffaelli was consulted by a participant. The Director then called me informing me the protest was legitimate, asking we look in to the top 5 qualifying results carefully. After doing so, we determined without any doubt Jaime Corrado was TQ and Winner of the '06 200mm Regional Championship. This was explained to the drivers present at Floyd Bennet Field Sunday Oct, 1 2006.

I hope this helps.

Later
Old 10-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Default THAT'S COOL......................

Thanks NitroHead, I know Jamie would've rather run the mains and let whatever happen then to win like like this, so congrats to Jamie.
I was just wondering because when I left the track saturday Vincent was TQ and I thought he had won, but then I got the call sunday morning and I was told that Jamie had TQ'ed and in-turn that makes him the winner I wanted to know how that came about being as though he was sitting six in the "A" last time I looked at the sheet for the qualifing order saturday before I left, maybe next year "J" you'll get to put it down in the mains,PEACE.

BIG"E"
Eric Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

No problem Big E, you must know Jaime very well then 'cause he really wanted to run the mains BADLY. I hope mother nature is good to us in the future and we don't get rained out again.

See you soon.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15

Any chance of a race this weekend?
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

FSturbo- Did you head down to the Regional event? I was there for Saturday.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
FSturbo- Did you head down to the Regional event? I was there for Saturday.
i was there i think we missed each other
Old 10-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15

I missed it but I will try my best to show up if FRR or Barcar can squeeze another event in.

I just need to get a new shock from some minor damage I did down at 301, it's no biggie, it just poped off from the top, I popped it back in but you can never be too sure though.
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Captian - I was the one with the Firehawk Racing black cap, MRX4 and R40. Look on my post for my cars and see if you remember me. I wear glasses too. The car could use a few fixes as it did enough to land me in a B main, but still I've made my choice to leave it for good.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #41
Tech Master

ok i did see you i was helping out so much that i really did not get a chance to sit down long . but i think i was sitting right in front of you helping out a freind with his car .next time
Old 10-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The race was well run and everyone had a great time. WE ALL wish the mains were run I was hoping to get into the Show by bumping up from the B main. We will have better luck next year.

My servo went in my best Qual and that just knocked me down to the B. getting my pipe knocked off didn't help much either. I was glad to see the RC community in the house in full effect all the usual die-hard junkies ready for some hard comp.

With some more practice and time I will be on Big E status Vince, Jamie and all you guys, but honestly it is a pleasure just competing with the gang. Even when I make the show coming in 4th and 5th behind you fast guys means a lot to me. Anyways glad to see that everyone that came had a good time I look forward to a bigger and better up coming season for 07. I plan to do a lot of REG1 and REG2 racing a bit more I have to stick closer to home.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Important! Racing for Floyed Bennit Field Is On For This Sunday Just Got the Word From Rick.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Sounds good! Still need a transponder though.

Kcrunch - Same here with my throttle servo. Need to invest in better ones for next year. I still did pretty well for my first event/first big event.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default servo failure

Hey Guys:

I been trying to pass the word and I think this is what we need to use these forums for more often. I've been using Airtronics 94358 brake/throttle and 94360 in my steering for over 3 years now. The same 2. I have had a back up 94358 that has gotten no use. I've hit some things very hard and they have not let me down. I told charlie williams about them and he's using airtronics now too and agrees that there bullet proof. I've used futaba and jr and airtronics is so good i canned my Helios and went M11.

Give Airtronics servo's a try you'll like them!
nytaurean is offline   Reply With Quote