Wiki Posts
Search

Hpi rs4 evo 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hpi rs4 evo 3

hello

Does anyone know this model???Is it good,are you satisfied with it(if you have it)?I want to buy it can you tell me if it is a good move?

thanx guys
Old 09-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

the RS4 is a very popular onroad car, probably the most popular there is, but i would not get the evo, get the 18ss version, engine is made better, more power, and the whole car comes with heavy duty drivetrain parts, higher gearing, adjustable turnbuckles, ect, for nearly the same price, you just need a radio system, i got my 18ss and got an airtronics mx-3, i didnt waste my time with a low grade rtr radio or cheapo radio, i went ahead and got a good one, which you will realize saves you money in the end, also order the 18ss off of towerhobbies http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJKT2&P=ML its $309.99
Old 09-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Rookie

yes it may be better.but the money i will give to take the radio will make it very expensive
Old 09-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Also in comparison with the kyosho FW05-T which is the best to buy???

thanks in advance
Old 09-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

well the general rule is go for what your lhs has the most parts for, but even if the radio does cost extra, if you decide to upgrade the EVO, you will end up spending mroe money, when the T-15 engine craps out on yuh, there is $100-130 for a new, good engine, which already covers a radio system, heavy duty drivetrain can add another $100 to it, but the 18ss already has a better engine and drivetrain, adjustable turnbuckles can range from $13-$40, 18ss already has them, in the end, the 18ss will be cheaper if you decide to upgrade

i would go for the RS4 though because there are tons of aftermarket parts for it, and it is known for its durability