R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Spring rates for Picco Integra??

Any body know the spring rates for the picco integra springs?

thanks
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11
Default

color coded spring rates??
dynamicracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicracing
color coded spring rates??
yes they are color coded but i need the lb rate
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #4
rjr
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 116
Default

Does this help?
http://www.marcar.org/springs.htm
rjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr
well i need the weight of the springs. 20lbs,25lbs,30lbs etc???
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
garen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: GLENDALE
Posts: 1,730
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

marcos- you might try getting in touch with the old paris racing drivers- kimbrow, rich browne, robert ronas, or even jim hottinger.
if you need tires for either 1/10th or 1/8th integra, send me a pm
__________________
bpengines-usa.com fioroni-usa.com motonica-usa.com

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen
marcos- you might try getting in touch with the old paris racing drivers- kimbrow, rich browne, robert ronas, or even jim hottinger.
if you need tires for either 1/10th or 1/8th integra, send me a pm
i dont have the integra , i just need the rating,


I guess you dont work for GS anymore
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:26 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 225
Default

Marcos.J - If the info on the MARCAR website isn't what you need. Try calling or emailing Sal DiFazio or Robert Ronas from said website (www.marcar.org). If they don't have that info then probably no one does.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
fraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 653
Send a message via AIM to fraz
Default Paris Picco Spring Chart

Marcos.J,

IMO a specific pound rating that you are asking for is not really correct. Unless all springs that you are trying to compare to have been tested on the same test platform, the numbers will not correlate to the same pound scale. Additionally, if any of the tested springs are not a linear but are progressive, the numbers get skewed even further. What you should be looking at is an entire set of springs that have been rated in the same batch using the identical method. In that case, I have just what you need (man I'm a data pack rat). Attached is the most comprehensive testing done on all of the Picco springs for the Integra and Compact lines of cars compiled from the now defunct Paris Racing. You will not find any better data than this. If you need any help on identifying any of these, let me know because I own a full set!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Paris_Picco_Springs.zip (12.1 KB, 38 views)
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz
Marcos.J,

IMO a specific pound rating that you are asking for is not really correct. Unless all springs that you are trying to compare to have been tested on the same test platform, the numbers will not correlate to the same pound scale. Additionally, if any of the tested springs are not a linear but are progressive, the numbers get skewed even further. What you should be looking at is an entire set of springs that have been rated in the same batch using the identical method. In that case, I have just what you need (man I'm a data pack rat). Attached is the most comprehensive testing done on all of the Picco springs for the Integra and Compact lines of cars compiled from the now defunct Paris Racing. You will not find any better data than this. If you need any help on identifying any of these, let me know because I own a full set!!
thanks so much!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
mblgjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 2,178
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Is the Integra still available in the U.S.? Is it still in production? If so, who is the distributor?

I have TWO brand new kits, NIB, tires, as well as a box full of repair parts to cover both cars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If they are so far out of date, I'm probably better off building them to play with rather than to start racing again with them.
mblgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #12
Tech Addict
 
fraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 653
Send a message via AIM to fraz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr
Is the Integra still available in the U.S.? Is it still in production? If so, who is the distributor?

I have TWO brand new kits, NIB, tires, as well as a box full of repair parts to cover both cars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If they are so far out of date, I'm probably better off building them to play with rather than to start racing again with them.
The Integra kits are dated. It was replaced by the Picco Speed and then Alberto Picco sold the tooling and the rights to http://www.picco-deutschland.de/ Werks Racing was the sole importer in the US butnot any more. I do not believe anybody currently imports these cars in the US.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPRING RATES and set up help HAKYLIKESRDAD Electric Off-Road 22 05-05-2008 01:07 PM
Help..... Spring Rates WopArse Oval, Larger Scales and More 1 03-19-2007 01:54 AM
Spring Rates ford_racing Electric On-Road 3 01-27-2006 09:42 PM
Spring Rates omalley Electric On-Road 1 04-21-2003 02:39 PM
HPI spring rates??? DJ_GenR8 Electric On-Road 3 05-29-2002 04:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net