R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-20-2003, 10:25 PM   #211
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.

RD would like to welcome JFW-RONNI(Ron) to Team RD Logics.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:09 AM   #212
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan N.
RD would like to welcome JFW-RONNI(Ron) to Team RD Logics.
Congratulations Ronni!!!!!!!!
Lapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:05 AM   #213
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Thumbs up

i have the rd logic's pipe and its sooooo good
Old 04-28-2003, 08:32 PM   #214

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

OK guys got the Turbo pipe for my NTC3, and was impressed with its power and tuning. But, I was wondering if all the pipes header fit too loose on the engine. With new exhaust gasket and 2 springs mine still leaks and the gasket blows about every 3 or 4 heats races. I have tried GS silicone gaskets, ofna gaskets, and RB gaskets. None seems to last any better. The problem is the inside diameter on the header with the gasket installed is was too big, it's .020 to .025 larger than any other of my mani's. This pipe mics .650 inside diameter, and with new gasket on engine the engines flange with gasket mics .630. Is that enough to cause this? Must be, I keep blowing gaskets. Anybody else seen this? Frani whats up with this? Thanks: BB

Last edited by bbntc3; 04-28-2003 at 08:52 PM.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:32 PM   #215
Tech Regular

I just bought .12 turbo legal pipe for my mtx3. How come you dont have any stickers that comes with it?
penggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:52 PM   #216
Tech Regular

I've heard of the exhaust gasket leakage issue, as well. Fortunately, my Ofna/Picco 7-port doesn't seem to leak a bit. The gasket is a GS gasket, BTW.
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:00 PM   #217
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RedScorp Send a message via AIM to RedScorp Send a message via Yahoo to RedScorp

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
OK guys got the Turbo pipe for my NTC3, and was impressed with its power and tuning. But, I was wondering if all the pipes header fit too loose on the engine. With new exhaust gasket and 2 springs mine still leaks and the gasket blows about every 3 or 4 heats races. I have tried GS silicone gaskets, ofna gaskets, and RB gaskets. None seems to last any better. The problem is the inside diameter on the header with the gasket installed is was too big, it's .020 to .025 larger than any other of my mani's. This pipe mics .650 inside diameter, and with new gasket on engine the engines flange with gasket mics .630. Is that enough to cause this? Must be, I keep blowing gaskets. Anybody else seen this? Frani whats up with this? Thanks: BB
I'm having the same problem with my non-turbo pipe on my OS .12 TR. the header fits too loosely around the exhaust port of the motor causing serious leaking issues...not to mention this can't be good for pressure.

Any comments or suggestions from RD Logics Team Drivers?
RedScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:11 PM   #218
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.

With the GS gasket they sit loose because the gaskets are thinner then stock. I will check to see how big the ntc3 header is to a stock header. Try using the Mugen mt12 gasket or the novamega gasket(same thing), they are thicker and made of better material. They also last longer.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #219
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by RedScorp
I'm having the same problem with my non-turbo pipe on my OS .12 TR. the header fits too loosely around the exhaust port of the motor causing serious leaking issues...not to mention this can't be good for pressure.

Any comments or suggestions from RD Logics Team Drivers?
RDLogics have a gasket that perfectly fit the pipe and the header. http://www.rdlogics.com/store/P_156.htm

Or you can use serpent .12 gasket.

RDLKen
rdlken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:19 AM   #220
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by penggoy
I just bought .12 turbo legal pipe for my mtx3. How come you dont have any stickers that comes with it?

Hi, we are currently making a new designed sticker. Will come with our product later on.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 12:23 AM   #221
Tech Apprentice

Default ..

Thanks Bryan

Last edited by rdlken; 04-29-2003 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:04 AM   #222
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to JeffS

I'm currently having 3 problems with my new RD Logics NTC3 pipe:

1 - Header leakage. I'll try a different header gasket, I too was using a GS gasket.

2 - The header is melting the fuel outlet on the fuel tank. Any easy solution to this? The header touches the fuel tubing coming out, and has melted the small ring around the outlet as well. I figure it's not much longer and it will melt the outlet closed and I'll need a new tank.

3 - The stinger is SUPER soft. I've already had to trim it due to getting bent and scraped closed. Yes, I shouldn't be hitting things, but this wasn't an issue with either of the AE pipes. They held up nicely to the concrete curbing that surrounds my track.

What are the solutions here? I'm happy with the power and tunability of the pipe, but the melted fuel tank and stinger issues are a big deal to me. I'm going to have to put some sort of tubing on the stinger to lenghten it out of the body now. Ugh!

-Jeff
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:09 AM   #223
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rdlken
Hi, we are currently making a new designed sticker. Will come with our product later on.

Thanks
doh! that means im not going to have it.
penggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 02:42 PM   #224

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Bryan: The stock pipe is .630 inside diameter, the RD pipe is .650. No problem on the Serpent gaskets. Why not make it the right size or add a gasket with the $65 pipe?
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:46 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jeff it sounds more like you have the pipe positioned to far out
and too low. i sugest moving the header and pipe up a little
and bend a new wire that will hold the position.

i hope that helps.