R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-28-2003, 02:42 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Default roby 5 port vs siro.12 pinapple motor

siro.12

it's alright to bee a hero, but how long does your engines last is a good question. At my club we aren't allowed to run these types of 5 port engines ( we run to IFMAR rules), it's all well and good to have outlaw motors. But I challange you put any 3 port motor in your car and I know my lowly NTC3 with a Rody tuned X12 will blow you away. It might cost a bit more but it is sure as shit worth paying the money. You get what you pay for.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:16 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

ok guys its alright to have all these hi performance motors but in the end it comes back to driving, i have a ntc3 with a novarossi s3 race and i can tell you now it is the same as your $600 motors the reason why i say this its the way i tune it, my motor i dont have it to lean or to rich to get it to perform. Ive Had jp modified motors an a stock s3 shits or over a jp, BRING OR YOUR RODY TUNED MOTORS ON AND ANY OTHER MODIFIED MOTOR ON!!!!!

there all so is another point to much power will make your car not handle well if cant drive it!!!!!
mugen_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 02:00 AM   #18
bt
Tech Adept

Default mods

after pulling down motor (ms 5 port) i have to say the sleeve isn't as modded as i thought from pictures, but still a very quick motor.
bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:38 AM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mugen_kid
ok guys its alright to have all these hi performance motors but in the end it comes back to driving, i have a ntc3 with a novarossi s3 race and i can tell you now it is the same as your $600 motors the reason why i say this its the way i tune it, my motor i dont have it to lean or to rich to get it to perform. Ive Had jp modified motors an a stock s3 shits or over a jp, BRING OR YOUR RODY TUNED MOTORS ON AND ANY OTHER MODIFIED MOTOR ON!!!!!

there all so is another point to much power will make your car not handle well if cant drive it!!!!!
I agree with you. A well tuned 3-port is every bit as quick as a modified engine on a shorter twisty track and I used my RB 3-port to good effect at our grand prix last year against 5port Turbo Salven Mega engines.

But get onto a fast flowing track and it wont matter if your Dennis Richey, Michael Salven or whoever, a standard engine wont compare to a modified engine.

I also agree that the Novarossi S3 will blow away its JP modded counterpart. I have a T5 which I am modifying and I know it is going to eat up the JP and Collaris at our track.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 10:00 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
[B]I agree with you. A well tuned 3-port is every bit as quick as a modified engine on a shorter twisty track and I used my RB 3-port to good effect at our grand prix last year against 5port Turbo Salven Mega engine
I disagree! because a roar legal richey just has grunt that no stock motor can compair to if both were tuned right. geared the same i have run aginst a richey and on the infield from apex to apex you dont have a chance in he// lol
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:06 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Siro.12, so you have on of the pineapple edition motors. When was the last time you went down to NC. to run it? Is the bottom end still as good. So you feel you will spank any motor when we all travel down to NC. for the State race. I am just trying to get the facts correct, just incase there is an upset of some sort. I hope pineapple doesn't give ILAYBRK anything extra in his (just a thought).
mobil1rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:10 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Old 03-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

Ok guys...
Try and bare in mind that all people have a different opinion on everything. There's no point in slamming info down someone's throat for something that comes back to personal prefference. Personally I run S3's and OS's. I've never had any mod motors (other than one's i've done myself), but certainly have raced against them. Yes, there are differences at different parts of the track, but not always good ones. I know the way i drive, i like to have a lot of grunt on a short track, and nice consistent power top end for long tracks. So let people decide for themselves. Remeber there's no right or wrong, just different ideas.

p.s For all those doing the investigating, don't forget to check out fule consumption / run time. You can easily give up that power advantage if you could have got a motor to run and extra minute or so!

Just my 2c, I'll hop off my soap box now....
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:10 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by JordanC
Ok guys...
Try and bare in mind that all people have a different opinion on everything. There's no point in slamming info down someone's throat for something that comes back to personal prefference. Personally I run S3's and OS's. I've never had any mod motors (other than one's i've done myself), but certainly have raced against them. Yes, there are differences at different parts of the track, but not always good ones. I know the way i drive, i like to have a lot of grunt on a short track, and nice consistent power top end for long tracks. So let people decide for themselves. Remeber there's no right or wrong, just different ideas.

p.s For all those doing the investigating, don't forget to check out fule consumption / run time. You can easily give up that power advantage if you could have got a motor to run and extra minute or so!

Just my 2c, I'll hop off my soap box now....
you got a point with run time but when it comes to passing i cannot stand being left with out breaking to get around a car because for me that rarely worksi just like to get on the gas early and out mph the next car

Last edited by nova racer; 03-02-2003 at 08:14 PM.
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:41 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

butchy boy my 3 port moter is 100% to roar spec.
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:44 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Siro.12 the NC State race is a ROAR event, that means no outlaw motors allowed. Take the pineapple outlaw version you are speaking of and put it back on thwe shelf. How is his pure 3 port motors (little mods) compared to the legal version of anyone elses?

Just a Question I would like to find out I may need to pick one up!!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 09:00 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Default post

the roar legal model runs just fine don,t worry about the team will be fine thanks. To the post I wrote I was just trying to make a point that No production mod will run with a rody,richy or smelts , pineapple, speed factory etc. AS for the race will be ready to race butch need some donkeys under the hood let jack know be glad to help you.AS for the bottom end on my 5 port it lights the tire up out of every corner no problem.
sirio .12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:04 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

What's up mr pineapple himself!!! I just wanted to see if it was you!!!! How's everything going with you???
Old 03-02-2003, 09:06 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

That's what I heard about the 5 port lighting up the tires. Trying to contol the spin hopefully will not be that big of an issue. Are you still running your tc3?
Old 03-02-2003, 09:09 PM   #30
Tech Initiate

finchy,stick to running your rody tune 3 port kangaroo out there mate. As for what you said " you get what you pay for " I guess shit cost a lot of money down under

Last edited by sirio .12; 03-03-2003 at 02:30 PM.
sirio .12 is offline   Reply With Quote