R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default RC Pro Series Round #4 East Division Toledo

Racers, if you are interested in screaming your monkey one more time this year. The One-Eight Racers of Toledo will be hosting Race #4 of the East RC Pro on road series on Sept. 30th and Oct. 1st.

This will be the last race on the Woodville Mall track for 2006.

For race and entry information, please check our web site at www.oneeighthracers.com or
http://nitroonroad.rcprosites.com/?o...1fa636318f6e5f
XPHamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Toledo's final event of the 2006 race season will be the RC Pro Series race on Sat. Sept. 30 and Sunday Oct. 1st.

Our plan is to run two 10 minute qualifiers on Sat. afternoon. Then we will run the third 10 minute qualifier on Sunday morning and the mains afterward. Of course weather may change many of these plans.

Track opens at 9:48 on Sat. morning.

Entry for the event will be $25
Old 09-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So, we can't start practicing at 9:47 am saturday morning? Sorry Ted, but where did you come up with that number?
Ex-One Eighth Racers of Toledo member :( no mo money
trumpster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Ted, will the track be open on Friday for practice?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:14 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Default late breaking news

I just saw some new video. I'll try to post a link.
tpracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Default awesome video

Check out the video. I don't think the Greer's will be able to make the 4th round this weekend.

http://www.wtol.com/global/Story.asp?s=5458188
tpracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #7
Tech Regular

At this time, no practice is planned for Friday. IF you would like to scream the monkey on Friday, we can open up the track.

NOTE; The track layout is different than the GLC or Midwest Series races this year. There is no sweeper at the end of the back stretch. We have place a couple of cones in front of the board at the end of the back stretch to give everyone a visual reference. OF course this does not help everyone. Roger smacked the boards pretty hard on Monday night when he forgot about the sweeper or lack there of.

Traction was good on Monday and Tuesday night when some of us were doing a little test and tune work.

If you need to go out on Friday, give me a call (419) 215-4819.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Wink

I just want to let everyone know that both David Greer and Gary McDow are entered in this weekend RC Pro Series race. We don't want anyone to be disappointed. Fun will be had by all that attend.

To the best of my knowledge, that was not anyone from our Toledo club involved with the going ons at Toledo Speedway last Sunday afternoon.
Running around and jumping on or through other racers cars is not acceptable racing behavior. We do attend events at the Toledo Speedway as a club social event, but we stay outside of the fence.

Weather looks pretty cool for this weekend, so bring a hat and jacket.

For some reason there are a couple groups of racers at the track this afternoon for practice. SO, I guess today is a practice day.

Scream the MONkey.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Now thats funny. I don't care who you are.
deltadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:37 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadave
Now thats funny. I don't care who you are.
Way Funny! I'm laughing my (_._) off! That's great!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Hey there Ted,

How did it go? Good turnout? Who won / results?

See ya!

Terry
Old 10-03-2006, 07:46 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Well,

20 something racers signed up for the race. Some guys showed up on Friday for practice, which was not planned. But it worked out.

Sat. was a wash out. Some of us tried a little practice around 3PM between showers, but the rain came again.

Sunday was a beautiful sunny Fall day in the 70's for the afternoon. Many racers in T-shirts and a couple in shorts. We ran two rounds of qualifing and the mains. Steve W. might have been a little on the cold side, but it was just fine for us. Track - traction was very good for the second round of qualifing and the mains.

Rick Fazier won the 1/8th B-Main. Sorry I do not remember 2nd and 3rd.

Nick Smrt won the 1/10th Sedan followed by "Smokin" Joe Tuttle and Gary "Black Jack" McDow.

Some guy with a Red Car and his name on the side won the endurance race which was the 1/8th A-Main, followed closely by Rick Davis and Dan Lewis.
For the first 15 minutes Rick Davis, Howard Bortman and T. Hammer were within 5 seconds of each other. At the 15 minute mark all three cars were on the back stretch at the same time. It was a good fun race.
For this RC Pro Series event, we ran Toledo track #2 which has no sweeper at the end of the straight away. #2 has a very long and fast switch back or crosstown. It gives you double pucker power.

Steve Webster did a good job of teching the cars after the races and keeping everyone informed. RC Pro Series provided some very nice plaques for the racers. We look forward to doing this again next year.

Usually we do not run races after the first weeked of Oct. in Toledo. The weather gets a little iffy.

Results should be at Jlap or check www.oneeighthracers.com
Old 10-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #13
Tech Initiate

Congratulations Ted!

When I read: Gary "Black Jack" McDow, I hurt myself. Coffee actually blew out of my nose.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #14
Tech Rookie

Rick Fazier won the 1/8th B-Main. Sorry I do not remember 2nd and 3rd.
Ted I am sorry I don't remember this guy. I must have not been there. Maybe it is the O thing you never know. There was a Rick Frazier there I think. I now the R must have a giltch. Rick Fazier will see you all in Cinncy. Brent glad to see your still around I was beginning to worry.
RCRick2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #15
Tech Regular

This Roger guys is really rubbing off on people. I am not sure how much more of this I can handle before it is truely to late.

Someone will have to take me in for treatment, if I cann't paint any more because of issues during my childhood or I drill a screw into my thumb. We should probably put that in the Club by-laws. Oh, there is goes again.

No need to worry about Rocks jumping out in front of me on Jellico Mt. by that time, it will be to late.