R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   NEW YORK CAHMPIONSHIP RACE (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/127901-new-york-cahmpionship-race.html)

kcrunchone 09-02-2006 04:24 AM

NEW YORK CHAMPIONSHIP RACE--- YOUR INPUT REQUIRED

We will attempt the race on Sunday as long as the weatherman is wrong. The QUESTION is if the day is killed would YOU the RACERS be willing to vote on having the RACE carried over to either the Monday the 4th or would the original rain date of the 10th be better for you guys.

I personally can make the Monday but I will have to make sure the rest of the guys can as well and if you the racrs say yes and my race crew says yes then we may havea much much better race day.

FAST FEEDBACK APPRECIATED.

Gael L 09-02-2006 05:06 AM

Monday would be a great alternative!

Jamie Corrado 09-02-2006 05:12 AM

Rick,
Why not just move the race to Monday, as the weather looks much much better. I am sure most of us who would like to attend have the day off. Just something to think about. :tire:

kcrunchone 09-02-2006 07:52 AM

I am trying to see what is up. We have about 30 out of town racers and I know that they are either in hotels or booking hotels and I am trying not to waste their time by making the money they spent on hotels and etc go to waste.

The original rain date was set for next Sunday but if we can get the racers to agree then we have a race if I can get racers and the help that I need we may have a great race after all.

Call, text, IM all the racers that you can smoke signal what ever works lets get this race in the history books.

Eric Jones 09-02-2006 12:03 PM

WHAT JAMIE SAID..................

Monday would be good for me, but then again next sunday isn't either.

BIG "E"

pelico 09-02-2006 01:46 PM

Hey EJ, can u check with the 301 crew and see if it would be ok to run on Monday, cause as u said the forecast still doesn't look good for next week Sunday either.

jiml 09-02-2006 01:57 PM

Weather report for tomorrow is improving.

giantbill 09-02-2006 02:37 PM

How will we know if the race is sunday or monday or next week?

jiml 09-02-2006 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by giantbill
How will we know if the race is sunday or monday or next week?

When you wake up tomorrow morning, check the weather rock. :D

giantbill 09-02-2006 04:01 PM

Jim!! Dont want to get up if im not going. It doesnt look good to me now. Still raining. Rock?

jiml 09-02-2006 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by giantbill
Jim!! Dont want to get up if im not going. It doesnt look good to me now. Still raining. Rock?

It's a redneck NASCAR reference. I have to find it on the internet to get the full effect.

Weather this afternoon said the rain was ending. It stopped, then started again. Now the report is rain will end in the overnight, with spot showers in the morning. I hate weathermen!

Maxx 09-02-2006 10:03 PM

According to weather.com the forcast for sunday looks crappy. Maybe if the races are held on monday they can be started and ended early to accomodate the out of towners. Just a thought. :tire:

kcrunchone 09-02-2006 11:33 PM

Well to be honest I went to FBF about 1 am and the track is flooded. It really looks like Monday for us. It is a very hard call to make. I would rather get up in the morning and just see what it looks like, but like I said the whole field is flooded the grounds are soaked.

The water is mid track from the straightaway. Well look at it his way the track will be really clean for Monday the way the wind and rains are. I personally believe that Monday would be the better day to hold this race. The majority of the racers are leaning towards Monday as well.

So as we stand looks like Monday guys a blow out showstopper for Labor Day !

captian 09-02-2006 11:48 PM

ok cool we all want the best racing

nsupra 09-02-2006 11:59 PM

monday sounds good.