Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with ID of car ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Need help with ID of car ?

Can anybody ID this car?
Attached Thumbnails Need help with ID of car ?-100_6537.jpg   Need help with ID of car ?-100_6536.jpg  
Old 08-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

wow whered you get that?! im not sure what it is, but im sure my father might, that car looks like the ones in my dads old photoalbum. ill tell him to check up on this.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stabgnid
Can anybody ID this car?
Looks like an Associated RC 200 but not sure due to steering servo is mounted on the right side it could be an upgraded RC 1 also an Associated car or a Delta car I can see it got a perry pumper carburetor which is a big modification during those days, whatever it is, it sure is from the 70's, oh memories ! You know who sure can tell what car it is, it should be DANA.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Can anybody ID this car?
I would agree with Sam i think it is either a RC150 or RC200. I hated the gas tank in that car. It had to be soldered together in the middle and that was a pain in the back side. I had a guy show up at the trak a while back with the RC 500 that was really interesting to see how the cars have evolved over the years.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by richey
I would agree with Sam i think it is either a RC150 or RC200. I hated the gas tank in that car. It had to be soldered together in the middle and that was a pain in the back side. I had a guy show up at the trak a while back with the RC 500 that was really interesting to see how the cars have evolved over the years.
Wow you actually agreed with me Rich, that's a good start j/k ,you are right the fuel tank sucks! remember those days try to solder the tank correctly and neatly as possible?
Old 08-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Its not Associated.

C'mon guys there were many others back then other than the "A" team.

It could be a Delta, Jerobee, or MRP.

The bottom chassis seems to be too narrow unlike the AE RC200 and RC300. Also, I don't think AE used metal tanks like the one shown.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Its not Associated.

C'mon guys there were many others back then other than the "A" team.

It could be a Delta, Jerobee, or MRP.

The bottom chassis seems to be too narrow unlike the AE RC200 and RC300. Also, I don't think AE used metal tanks like the one shown.
I had an RC150 and mine had a metal tank in it.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by richey
I had an RC150 and mine had a metal tank in it.
I agree with Richey, that Associated RC100 to RC300 all comes with a metal tank
Old 08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Can anybody ID this car?
It's mutt or Heinz 57.

The rear end is from Delta, you can tell by the flywheel that clamps on and the ball bearing support for the pinion.

The front end is from a car produced in the Midwest called a Marker Machine. The steering servo saver was made by Delta.

The front wheels are from a Thorpe car that was belt driven and produced in California.

The radio tray and front bumper were sold in plastic sheets that had to be custom cut and drilled for the particular radio and body that was used.

The carb is a Perry Pumper that came on Veco .61 airplane engines. The crankcase had to be drilled bigtime to accept this monster. The only way to mount the carb to the crankcase was to epoxy it in.

The unique engine heatsink was made by Delta. In the early days the vertical head fins that are used for airplanes had to be milled off to mount the heat sink.

The fuel tank came in two seperate halves that sleeved together and was packaged by a company called Dynamic. The fuel cap, fuel tubes, and tank mounts all had to be soldered together. It would take almost as long to build the tank as it would to build the entire car.

Wow! We sure have come a long way since those days, but boy did we have fun!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Doug M
It's mutt or Heinz 57.

The rear end is from Delta, you can tell by the flywheel that clamps on and the ball bearing support for the pinion.

The front end is from a car produced in the Midwest called a Marker Machine. The steering servo saver was made by Delta.

The front wheels are from a Thorpe car that was belt driven and produced in California.

The radio tray and front bumper were sold in plastic sheets that had to be custom cut and drilled for the particular radio and body that was used.

The carb is a Perry Pumper that came on Veco .61 airplane engines. The crankcase had to be drilled bigtime to accept this monster. The only way to mount the carb to the crankcase was to epoxy it in.

The unique engine heatsink was made by Delta. In the early days the vertical head fins that are used for airplanes had to be milled off to mount the heat sink.

The fuel tank came in two seperate halves that sleeved together and was packaged by a company called Dynamic. The fuel cap, fuel tubes, and tank mounts all had to be soldered together. It would take almost as long to build the tank as it would to build the entire car.

Wow! We sure have come a long way since those days, but boy did we have fun!!!!
Doug,
That proves that you are a dinosaur in rc cars
Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Doug,
That proves that you are a dinosaur in rc cars
Man that car was around before I was born.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Doug you know your R/C . Had a guy come into the shop with a NIB R/C 250 thats been in his closet. Thats the farthest i can remember
Old 08-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

In the last 6 months it seems alot of people are cleaning there closets out and coming in with relics and trying to get them run again. Brings back memories of first getting started in r/c
Old 08-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Iwill post more pics . in the next day or so .

thanks
Steve - Stabgnid
Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Man that car was around before I was born.
Me too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.