R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-04-2003, 10:55 PM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

They're great, we even get practice lap times with them. Another advantage, your not locked into only running 10 cars at a time. You can run every car at the track at the same time. Can you say 25 car A Main?!?!

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 12:05 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
They're great, we even get practice lap times with them. Another advantage, your not locked into only running 10 cars at a time. You can run every car at the track at the same time. Can you say 25 car A Main?!?!
Last saturday on practice time, were running at the track simultaneously a peak of 19 drivers (rostrum cannot hold more people over it and 19 guys battlin with antennas is something funny to see specially when someone moves itself on the rostrum).

Not bad at all specially when thinking that only 22 or 23 frequencies are allowed on 40Mhz band. Finding an unused frequency is something harsh today... And not to talk about the constant traffic you can find all over the 290 meters long track... very stressing, funny for 5 minutes, but real bad for 45 minute mains.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 03:33 AM   #18
Tech Master

I put mine on the top of my steering servo because I am too lazy to take it off when I take off the upper deck. Lately, my track hasn't really even had enough people to make use of more than ten guys at once (even though the race director would definetely not have any of that). However, It would be fun to have a gigantic nitro touring car oval race... Scoff at oval racing if you want, but the day we got rained out, then the remaining guys ran oval and it was hysterical... Only one guy went for the entire 3minute race length.

Of course, if you have more then ten guys racing in an oval at once (and they are not used to it), you can count on crippled cars.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 11:31 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #20
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Personal Transponders are seriously the way to go. The USTC race at trackside, about 75% of the 200 racers had personal transpondors.

The local outdoor track, doesnt even plan on getting the amb rechargable sets, and have personals availible for rent. Im not sure what will come together with that, but that sounds like the direction he will be going...

I've had my personal mounted on top of the servo, and next to the servo / receiver on my xxx-s. I've had no glitching problems at all, although Nitro is a totally different glitching beast.

-Troy
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:16 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR6
The local outdoor track, doesnt even plan on getting the amb rechargable sets, and have personals availible for rent. Im not sure what will come together with that, but that sounds like the direction he will be going...
There's a track a couple of hours from me that went that route. They have a HUGE problem getting people to turn them back in. Atleast with the rechargeables, they're big and bulky, and not really worth stealing.
tekrsq is offline   Reply With Quote