R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-07-2003, 04:17 PM   #46
Tech Master

if its not distributed trinity i'll get one but its distributed by trinity so i wont get one
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:24 PM   #47
Tech Apprentice

Just order it from Hong Kong and bypass Trinity.
BossPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:44 PM   #48
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

RC Racing wouldnt be where it is today without Trinity, so why does everyone have to bag on them?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:37 PM   #49
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Because they're becoming the Microsoft of RC. . .

Look at the owner, trying to become the Pres of ROAR, which, while it may be all okay, it reeks of conflict of interest (owner of one of the largest RC Co.s trying to become leader of it's sanctioning body. . .)

Look at their acquisitory tendencies - they now own a piece of every section of the market - kits/cars, motors, engines, hopups, fuel, batteries, bodies . . . it's called vertical integration and they're going extreme with it.

Look at their Quality Control practices - they make a great product with great quality and then release it, make it dominant and then drop their QC to dramatic lows (witness the P2K, etc.) (of course, MS is the opposite - release a Beta prod as Final and THEN fix it. . .principle is the same, though)

That's why I bash Trinity and don't purchase their products anymore.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:26 AM   #50
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by dg8one
its still a trinity product
A large part of the nitro items Trinity sells are Team Magic and HARD products (come from same factory as K-factory). Yhe G4 is a Team Magic product which is only 're-labelled' and distributed by Trinity. Also the Shark pipe is a HARD product....

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately we don't have Trinity products here in Europe. All the TM, HARD and K-Factory parts are sold directly and are difficult to get. Since a half year after distributing these products they become increasingly popular....

What's the Trinity expected streetprice of the G4 in the US ? In Europe it will cost approx. Eur 375,-- for the E-type version.
herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:59 AM   #51
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
Because they're becoming the Microsoft of RC. . .

Look at the owner, trying to become the Pres of ROAR, which, while it may be all okay, it reeks of conflict of interest (owner of one of the largest RC Co.s trying to become leader of it's sanctioning body. . .)

Look at their acquisitory tendencies - they now own a piece of every section of the market - kits/cars, motors, engines, hopups, fuel, batteries, bodies . . . it's called vertical integration and they're going extreme with it.

Look at their Quality Control practices - they make a great product with great quality and then release it, make it dominant and then drop their QC to dramatic lows (witness the P2K, etc.) (of course, MS is the opposite - release a Beta prod as Final and THEN fix it. . .principle is the same, though)

That's why I bash Trinity and don't purchase their products anymore.
I agree. I wont buy anything that has Trinity on it either. I dont care that they are trying to dominate the market but it the 'get control of everything and hike up the prices to get rich part I am against'. This is a hobby and with no cash prices the costs should be considered so the average racer can compete that cant afford to spend an average months wage just to get started and even more to keep going . Maybe if more people boycotted Trinity instead of licking their A** then it would work in their favour also.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #52
Tech Master

I can get most of what Trinity offers, for much cheaper, from other manufacturers. Since I'm in nitro, there is less that Trinity controls, so no problem avoiding them, plus much of the stuff that they have, I don't like.

I go on a performance/ price ratio, and I've found that most stuff offered by trinity often (more like always) falls short of other stuff from other manufacturers in my high tech, highly precise method of decision.

I was kind of mad when they bacame sole importers of Novarossi.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote