R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-30-2003, 06:55 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

the car is coming in March..and it will be a team magic car..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:56 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Your probably looking at the next Reflex.
I hear you brother! I'm suprised it doesn't say Trinity on it already! All kidding aside, always nice to see another nitro sedan.

As far as the 5th body post goes, ALOT of guys where rigging someting like that to their sedans last season, reguardless of the make. The 200mm bodies just don't stay in shape at the speeds these cars produce.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 09:38 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

there 1/8 scale car looks like the GS Sonic.....hmmm.
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:08 AM   #19
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger
Default 5th body post in kit means company pays attention

it may not be new in terms of people having done it but I haven't seen a manufacturer desiging the 5th post in the kit. When you add that with the unique tank design and both servos flat you've got to be impressed with their attention to detail and innovation - they haven't flat copied anyone.

I'd be willing to try the car.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:22 AM   #20
Tech Prophet

You're right and I agree with you on this one patelladragger We need more of these kind of manufacturers who would listen to our needs...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:01 PM   #21
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That is a pretty sweet looking fuel tank. A little redesigning to move that reciever, and it will be ready to go. Or they could just make a brace to protect the reciever and throttle linkage. It would have to be a strong one though. We all know how some people believe that the 'fast' way through a turn is to drive past the appex then turn. That leads to T-bones for people who actually know how to drive. I think a graphite or aluminum brace would be enough to protect the reciever and throttle linkage. Nothing molded is going to do the job though.

sausage_link: since no one else answered you, I will. Aside from the NTC3 and the new OFNA LD3, which are easiest to refuel through the front window, most nitro sedans are easiest to refuel through the side window. Refueling that way means that the 5th body post won't come into play at all while refueling the car.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
the car is coming in March..and it will be a team magic car..
I heard half march. At the same time they also release K-Factory hopups. next weekend i will see this car in real at the Nuerenberg fair. The real thing about this car is it's very low CG. If they can make it with the precision and quality of the K-Factory hopups, this car will be much more than a Trinity or GS...

No low-tech, no high-tech, just the right tech.....

The Border Online R/C
herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:58 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO

Quote:
Originally posted by TambokGT
there 1/8 scale car looks like the GS Sonic.....hmmm.
I thought the GS Sonic was based on a Team Magic 1/8 on-roader. I remember seeing it at an old Team Magic (or something) website before the Sonic came out.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:15 PM   #24
Tech Regular

What the differences with 4 or 5 bosy posts?Thanx!
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 05:27 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

The 5th center post keeps the lexan bodies from deforming at high speeds. They usually deform at the base of the windshield, or over the hood. It helps drastically with high speed handling.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:06 PM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
The 5th center post keeps the lexan bodies from deforming at high speeds. They usually deform at the base of the windshield, or over the hood. It helps drastically with high speed handling.
yes and the front windshield cooling cut outs increase the problem because they further weaken that area creating more flex at speed.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:33 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

sounds like i may need to add one to my mtx-3 and see what the hype is all about especially if i go back to ohio
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 09:38 AM   #28
Tech Master

Over here we run with both front side windows cut out totally and the hole in the front window. With some shells and the Stratus in particular I was able to buckle the body completely without it splitting. The extra mounting posts really do help with support.

I actually run with two extra body posts now to spread the distribution more evenly across the whole shell. For all the extra weight of a bodypost and the little time it takes to put on an extra clip I would recommend you try it.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 09:42 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

i also run with both front side windows cut out so its on my list of things i want to do

after i get a personal transponder and find a place to mount it though i dont like the mount the kit provided im going to put it on the upper deck somewhere
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:24 AM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276
i also run with both front side windows cut out so its on my list of things i want to do

after i get a personal transponder and find a place to mount it though i dont like the mount the kit provided im going to put it on the upper deck somewhere
put it as close to the front of the car as possible. Never know when you might win by a nose!