Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Paris Memorial

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

hey steve

no luck or word on the .12 size motors but if you know those other 2 guys that might beinterested in running the masters class please talk to them.

i am building a car for billy and dont want to see him destroy it cause he wont lift off the throttle trying to pass someone in the open class.

these things have been known to happen

hahahahah

ill see you guys out there

take care

kevin
Old 08-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

If you are under 40 don't read this!
Well, the responces reguarding the masters class is not what I expected so I'm of to see Kevin at Ace Hobbies to pick out somthing as an incentive. check this post tonight to see what I come up with
Old 08-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

as for the incentive rick is talking about guys, lest just say he left with something hudy related and and its gonna leave a mess of rubber for wnyone who wins it.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH, did i just say that correctly................. yes i did

if the masters class is run rick is actually willing to raffle off a hudy tires truer he just bought from us today.

that is incentive guys, get enough guys to run and your odds of winning are pretty good.

i would say your odds are at worst 1 in 15 or 20

thanks to all

kevin
Old 08-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ok, all jokes aside, the race flyer does not have a master's class offered, but rich is always good at accommodating racers (i.e. parts support, power, extended practice times, good hotel rates...). i am sure trophy costs have something to do with not wanting to run an extra class, along with one more long main on sunday. it does sound like there are enough people interested in the class, and if everyone who says they will show up and run master's actually do show up, i'm sure he can be convinced to do it.
dino might come to the race, so that's one more for the master's class...defending champ too!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It has been a long time since I had to get a fake ID saying I am older but I am still almost two years of geezer status.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by garen
ok, all jokes aside, the race flyer does not have a master's class offered, but rich is always good at accommodating racers (i.e. parts support, power, extended practice times, good hotel rates...). i am sure trophy costs have something to do with not wanting to run an extra class, along with one more long main on sunday. it does sound like there are enough people interested in the class, and if everyone who says they will show up and run master's actually do show up, i'm sure he can be convinced to do it.
dino might come to the race, so that's one more for the master's class...defending champ too!
Hey Garen,
First of all I'll let you know it's no joke, If Rich runs a Masters class I will be giving the Hudy to one of the racers. however you have a good point about another main on Sunday, that I did'nt think about. my intensions are to get more people like myself out to the track, My first race outside of Rams was at the 2005 Paris memorial and if it were not for the Masters class I would have never gone. As far as the trophies go if 3 or4 more racers came that would not have come otherwise that should cover the cost. The way I look at it is, more people = more races, more races = more fun, more fun = more money, more money = ....well you know, visious cycle isn't it? Well at this point it's just an idea to see the responces I get and possibly spice up the race day.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

What's the tire wear like with the new surface?
Old 08-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Masters Class

If there are at least 2 heats of masters.....I'll sign up.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Rick, I think you are on the right track...however I don't think you need to give away a tire truer as incentive for guys to sign up for masters. It sounds like the 40+ guys are serious about attending, maybe Rich will add it in..
Old 08-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default geezer

i can let some one borrow a couple of years if they want to but you cant give them back you keep um
Old 08-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Kalem
Hey Garen,
First of all I'll let you know it's no joke, If Rich runs a Masters class I will be giving the Hudy to one of the racers. however you have a good point about another main on Sunday, that I did'nt think about. my intensions are to get more people like myself out to the track, My first race outside of Rams was at the 2005 Paris memorial and if it were not for the Masters class I would have never gone. As far as the trophies go if 3 or4 more racers came that would not have come otherwise that should cover the cost. The way I look at it is, more people = more races, more races = more fun, more fun = more money, more money = ....well you know, visious cycle isn't it? Well at this point it's just an idea to see the responces I get and possibly spice up the race day.
Rick, I talked to Rich at the track today about the Masters class, he said if we get at least 10 entries (thats pre entries) he will add the Masters class! I'm going to sign up next week! So lets all sign up!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Sounds good to me, I talked to Harry Hannanouchi and Mike Alton at our track today and their wanting to run it also.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by manokgt4
What's the tire wear like with the new surface?
I ran my sedan today with 42 front and 40 rears. I did a test i started out at 63.55 and ran a full tank and them measured diameters rears went to 62.77 and the fronts were 63.27. I also think that this will even go down the more we run the surface. So there you have it dispelling the 2-3mm tire wear that was posted else were.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SRAD
If there are at least 2 heats of masters.....I'll sign up.
I don't think there is enough time for 2 heats, Rich is gonna have to squeeze in the extra class as it is. I'll post the list of poeple that responded later today to see how many are legit. By my count it's 13.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Kalem
I don't think there is enough time for 2 heats, Rich is gonna have to squeeze in the extra class as it is. I'll post the list of poeple that responded later today to see how many are legit. By my count it's 13.
Rick,
The qualifers are really not a problem, if there wasn't a masters class most would run the open class. The time issue comes on Mains day, so more is better ..lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.