Wiki Posts
Search

Revelations on track

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Revelations on track

Another great day at revelations raceway. Dana has the track dialed. Conditions are fantastic. 180 degrees from what it was two months ago. You have to come out and see for yourself. Dana is planning even more improvements in the near future. The track is so hooked up that you can't wear your flip-flops cause they stick to the track.

Jim
Old 07-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

the track is awesome, but not for long, as rumor has it, well all have to buy buggies soon. LOL
Old 07-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rumors

Not true in fact Dana is getting estimates on better lighting for the on road so we can race at night. Nigle you know better than to belive the BS.

Jim
Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Wright
Not true in fact Dana is getting estimates on better lighting for the on road so we can race at night. Nigle you know better than to belive the BS.

Jim
I hope that is the case. I would hate to see Rev's on-road track go down. Ya Nigel you guys better be lying! I was there on Saturday and the track was awesome. My car was pretty hooked and I didnt touch a thing. Maybe it was because my clutch was FINALLY TUNED. Thanks Nigel.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

I was there on Saturday for a few hours of practice. The track was soooo hooked up, you had put on your hardest tires. Didn't matter if I took the inside or outside line, my car was on rails.

When I was going thru the sweeper, I kept hearing a funny sound, like something was grinding. Found out that the sound was from the foams peeling from the track cuz it was so sticky.

We should see an increase in weekend practice and club race attendance. Good job Dana!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Revelation Raceway

The track is fantastic,and Dana has been working very hard to keep it that way.
What most people dont understand is Dana has another full time job and then goes to the track to keep the track in this condition.
Think about it, work 40 hours each week on your normal job, stop in to say "hi" to your family, and then get to the track to vaccum,scrubb, and then spray it so we can run on it. For the loyal drivers that go to the track often, you have to admit, that you have not seen Dana run his cars lately because he is just so busy maintaning the track.
Dana needs the support of the RC community and the attendance to make it worth his while.
It takes time and money to keep the traction up,run the track and everything else that goes with it,PLUS work another full time job, and it has to be worth it for him to keep doing this.
Lets get the word out on the condition of the track,hopefully pull in more attendance, and it would stop those rumors and thoughts of covering it over with dirt.
Dana has done his part, now its up to us.
Without Revelation Raceway, the on-road community does not have much in choices for decent places to run.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It is good news that the track is getting better. Revs is definatly my favorite track in Cali. Besides the nice track, the people there are top shelf.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

i agree with brc358 dana has spent many hours getting the track back to where it needs to be which was no simple task,all of us onroaders need to support the raceway it would be a shame to see the track become strickly offroad, that would leave us few choices on tracks to run on, belive me we dont want to loose any track. in closing i take my hat off to dana for finding the answer to the rev race track surface and making it happen. go out and give it a try i think you will be surprised. :
Old 07-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

What is needed is better attendance from NOR-CAL, we have so many racers that never make it past Santa Clara. They are missn out on a awsome track and atmosphere. We dont have cool round carousels, run late at night under lights un limited track time and practice during the week or a 1/8 on road permanet track. So that is why I try to make as many races as possible to show support. The rumors have travled up here in the North, so we all have to show Dana that we still love the on road.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I heard good things as well. I'm wanting to go out there and run mod 1/12th!! When's the next raceday guys?? And whats the website again?? Any new pics of the track. I haven't been there for years. Tony N, if you read this please let me know when the next race day is, I'll get Mike to come up and we'll run mod.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Revelation Raceway

The webb sit is RevRace.com
The next race is in Sept.
The more people that respond to these posts, the more the word will get out.
Dana does read the posts on this site and other web-sites.
Lets show the support by getting the word out, and bringing up the attendance.
It has to be worth his while,financially,and in his interest of the hobby to put the time,money, and ALL the effort into the track to keep it open.
There is nothing that could replace time away from your family, but to work 40 hours at another job, and then all the time it takes to keep the track open, and in the condition it is now,the financial burden,stress,and then have low attendance?? Why would anyone want that kind of life. This has to be worth his while in all aspects to keep him interested in doing so.
Easiest way in doing so is to get the word out,support the track, enter the races, and then Everyone will benefit from Revelations Raceway being one of the best track around for on-road racing.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default Seven 20

Hey Walter are you in there? Guess what I bought I wonder if I get mine before you get yours well at least I know I will be hitting the walls before you.

Jim
Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Wow, I was just out yesterday to practice during the week! The track was awesome. Dana has installed huge tarps to cover the track at night and closed days to keep it clean!! This track is excellent!!! Traction is unbelieveable if not perfect. The cars are on rails!! Keep up the good work guys!!! See you Sunday!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Wright
Hey Walter are you in there? Guess what I bought I wonder if I get mine before you get yours well at least I know I will be hitting the walls before you.

Jim
YOu aint lyin, I seen Alan drive that 720 straight into the walls like he was tryin to make a poster out it. LOL
Old 08-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Track Condition.

Great! can't wait till this weekend.