Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help with clutch plz????

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default help with clutch plz????

sorry if iam asking a question thats been asked before. done a search but could not find what iam looking for.

i had done a few repairs and took it over the carpark for a test run( not the best place but the tracks an hour away and i want to see if the repairs were ok)

had it running fine for about 10 mins and was about to pack it up, happy the work i had done was ok.

i was nearly at a stand still and the thing just reved high and drove right into a wall
was only a few feet so it did not get upto speed and after looking it over i cant see no damage

well apart from the wheels only go clockwise when they used to go both ways, so i took the gears of and i guess what is the clutch shoe? is stuck in its housing in an open position where it is normaly closed ie no gap and is not stuck in its housing(check pic please)

is this broke??
if so wat do i need too replace, or is there a way to get it closed again???
iam thinking its stuck in second or somthing so would running it again fast enough for 2nd to kick indo the trick, will it go back to 1st getting it back to normal???

please advice asap as i wanted to goto the track tomorrow but i dont now wats going on

cheers for your replys
Attached Thumbnails help with clutch plz????-07-08-06_2147.jpg  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Two speed

It's an easy fix. On the shaft that the shoes ride on there is two flat spots. If you hold the shoes and turn the center it will click back in place. Now the fix is to turn the setscrews in the center of the shoes till you just see a gap in between the two. Then back the setscrew out till the gap just closes. What happens is if not kept in adjustment the ball gets wedged in between the shaft and keeps it locked in second. Hope this helps!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default my hero

YOU ARE THE MAN
cheers worked a treat!!!!
i would of hated to take up this hobbie 15 years ago,no net and i dont know any1 that dose this..
thank you very much
you been a grt help