R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I have the proline and the dynamite gun. As somebody else stated, the dynamite gun does not empty as fast as the proline gun. When kept nozzle down, most of the guns leak very minimally. I have owned or used the RB, dynamite and the proline gun and I think the proline gun is the best gun overall.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #17

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

I have the proline gun and it seems the way its designed it pinches you in between your thumb when you use it. Maybe mine is just unlucky bending , but I havent used it because of that. It could be used fine I guess with mechanics gloves , but without itll suck your skin into it and pinch it to heck when you let go.

Wasnt happy with that and plan on contacting proline for a solution or new unit.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 08-19-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Sounds like the PROLINE gun got several ppl here approval.....may be I should give that a try instead of the Dynamite one cause I can get the Proline one thru tower, not Dynamite........
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
I have the proline gun and it seems the way its designed it pinches you in between your thumb when you use it. Maybe mine is just unlucky bending , but I havent used it because of that. It could be used fine I guess with mechanics gloves , but without itll suck your skin into it when you let go.
thats the beauty of your own fuel gun though, you dont have to use it as you will be driving your car when your pitman fills it up when you pit
Old 08-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #20

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Evil but true , allthough soon youll probably find your pitman dissappearing when it comes time for your race.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:58 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default Pro line

After reading this post i bought the pro-line. Thanks for the great advice. It works great .
latemodel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:52 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Glad to hear it!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #23
Tech Elite

they all leak but they are cool to use i dont remember what one i used but it was fun to pit with it.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The best fuel gun out is produced by a company in Buenos Aires, Argentina and distributed by Manix Hobbies. I don't even know the name of it but Harry Hannanouchi (Swauger's pitman) has one and it works flawlessly. There are a few problems though...availability and price, from what I hear it's over 100 USD. And the guys from Manix don't speak English so communicating is challenging. I met them at the WinterNats, nice guys, but Mr. Chuck Moon bought their last fuel gun from them...

If someone knows any info about their fuel guns or where I can get one, please let me know. Thx.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by latemodel13
After reading this post i bought the pro-line. Thanks for the great advice. It works great .
yea, I am still undecided
Old 08-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke W
The Pro-line gun is the best out there. I used to have an RB gun...but now that I have tried the Pro-line gun, my RB gun has been shelved! It's awesome how you can actually see the fuel level, and you don't spill fuel everywhere because you can fill it just so that it almost reaches the top. It's fast too!
yes but how often do you use the fuel gun
Old 08-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

is this an ad for proline or what?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #28
Tech Elite

I have the RB ones and I'm very satisfied with their performance, the key for not leaking (that all the fuel guns leak a little meanwhile the o-rings seat in closed position) is to not overfill them.

A fuel gun is to being handled quickly and only fill 125cc in the worst case, so... why you need to put 500cc on it?. If you need to fill another time, you have a full 5 minutes to refill it from a fuel bottle on your pit.

Seen the proline and their plastic construction seemed cheesy at least. The worst and the most expensive thing is the one you need to spend two times buying another thing for a second time.

Maybe is expensive (gee... seen them for 99US$ if not remembering bad) but I paid more for it and I'm satisfied with them.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
I have the RB ones and I'm very satisfied with their performance, the key for not leaking (that all the fuel guns leak a little meanwhile the o-rings seat in closed position) is to not overfill them.

A fuel gun is to being handled quickly and only fill 125cc in the worst case, so... why you need to put 500cc on it?. If you need to fill another time, you have a full 5 minutes to refill it from a fuel bottle on your pit.

Seen the proline and their plastic construction seemed cheesy at least. The worst and the most expensive thing is the one you need to spend two times buying another thing for a second time.

Maybe is expensive (gee... seen them for 99US$ if not remembering bad) but I paid more for it and I'm satisfied with them.

One of the great things about the proline gun is the fact that it is plastic and you can easily see how much fuel is in the gun. The only two things I don't like about the RB gun is you can't see how much fuel is inside so overfilling is quite easy to do. The other thing is the cost. The proline gun has fixed these two things. I don't really know what makes the plastic "cheesy" but I guess that is just your perception. Plastic is pretty common in the world and proline is quite experienced with plastics. Nobody really knows how well they will hold up long term, but most proline products are industry leaders.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R

You overfill so you have enough fuel. None of the guns take 500cc as far as I have seen except for the plastic dynamite gun that I personally think is crap. The vent tubes are designed to stop fueling automatically so it doesn't matter if you have a gallon reservoir, more is better than short-pitting your driver.

I have a custom gun that I built and am in the process of building another. The Proline may be a plastic body but it is far from cheesy. It is a solid design and is fast and accurate. I didn't like it because of the aforementioned hand pinching feature and it is a big and bulky. If they made it smaller, I would likely get one.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote