Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stage D two speed conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Stage D two speed conversion

I did some searching and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I bought a used rs4 rtr3 and ordered the stage d conversion. I did the complete swap and ordered the two speed because it had a single speed origanally. The instructions showed the two speed so I went with it. It has the 15fe motor and now the two gear housing on it. So the larger gear on the motor is contacting the #47 gear on the two speed. I tried to remove the larger gear on the motor so I could turn it around but it is screwed on so tight. The reason I wanted to turn it around is because there is a bevel on the edge of the gear and I believe that would give me the clearance I needed to run both the gears instead of contacting the two larger gears. I tried shiming the gears on the tranny and it just made the gears real tight. I'm lost. My next choice is to file the motor mount holes so I can adjust the positioning. Any suggestions?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

so basially you are trying to remove the 2nd gear pinion? take 2 pairs of pliers and turn them the opposite way, jsut remember to take the first gear pinion off first