R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Track was very good. Good job Kevin and Raf. I enjoyed trading lexan with Gary today. We were track hogs. Very little tire wear. Just wish my eyes were younger. Enjoyed watching Rudy, Pete and Raf running together. Sorry everyone forgot to take pics. Was to late when I thought of it.

See you all at the races.

Dave
Old 10-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #122
Tech Elite

The list looks like a lot of strong drivers are coming. This should be a great race. Hope more entries come in. I would love to see about 80 to 100 racers or more.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #123
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Larry //Jeff E here form atl ga.

just wondering what hardness to bring? on the tires.

sounds like a killer track,i have heard alot but no pic's !

later
Jeff Epperson
Blowing Smoke BBQ
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #124
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ
Larry //Jeff E here form atl ga.

just wondering what hardness to bring? on the tires.

sounds like a killer track,i have heard alot but no pic's !

later
Jeff Epperson
Blowing Smoke BBQ
Mainly 42 shore. But have some 40 and 45 also, just in case.

D.J. Apolaro
Old 10-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #125
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dave and i where both running 1/8 scale and i was on 38 super g foams... the track is super clean and vary fast.. there will be a state race this weekend and that will tell the storie after there are a couple of day with people on it in race trim

FORGASS President 2006/2007.2007/2008. 2008/2009

V/P Charlotte R/C Raceway

Team Anchor for .. ReD CuP RacinG ..

Team Driver for TORO Fuel
[email protected]
TrickPonYracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #126
Tech Elite

I think they are referring to the Nov. Race, which is only sedan.

Not sure though.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:03 PM   #127
Tech Master

DJ- I think Gary is saying that tire wear and hardness of tires will be determind after the state race because all the 1/8th scales running for the FORGASS state race should put down a groove that makes traction go up..

I ran this weekend with my 720 for the first time and it was awesome.. Remember that I have not raced since april 2 of this year and it was amazing.. This 720 with a solid axle in front was the bomb... I will tell you that it ran like a one-way with all the steering and corner speed you could ever use. I also ran the new JACO Serpent two stage tires and let me say they were stupid fast. I personally think it may be the way to go.. Only thing is you cant crash at all cause they chunk.. So if your a crasher then you need regular JACO Foams.. I also tried the Kyosho tire which at the worlds were the fastest and it was equal to a standard JACO as far as speed goes.. If anything the Jacos were more forgiving and had better wear..

Most cars will need 40 fronts and 42 rears. For those of you who are really brave 42 fronts and 45 rears.. Lots and lots of steering with this combination....................

Bodies- Parma sucks.. It offers to much intial steering and then the car wants to break loose for no reason.. Very twitchy body... Proto is the best for the new surface.. Mazda very smooth with comfortable drive.. May help those with traction roll problems.. Stratus 3.1 YES!!!!!! This body gives the most steering with lots directional stability and very respnsive.. More so than the Mazda.. So for those of you coming to the race-these are the bodies I tested.. Mount it levelso the body line is aligned with the chassis.. We will be teching wings so cut down those parachutes and make them legal. Which is the second line not the first....

Engines-- Big, Big, Biggin gears.. As a long as you can handle.. The bigger the better..Need lots and lots of motor. If you run Mega Picco then use 18/23 59/56....

We ran a whole hour with one set of tires and they stil were 58.5 in the rear.. WOW way better than before...

Anyone coming to the race who runs a 720 will have a setup. I will give you so you can start and go from there....
Attached Thumbnails
2006 US OPEN Fuel Sedan Championships presented By RC Pro Series at Kissimmee-dsc05062.jpg   2006 US OPEN Fuel Sedan Championships presented By RC Pro Series at Kissimmee-dsc05063.jpg   2006 US OPEN Fuel Sedan Championships presented By RC Pro Series at Kissimmee-dsc05064.jpg   2006 US OPEN Fuel Sedan Championships presented By RC Pro Series at Kissimmee-dsc05066.jpg  

Last edited by rangulo; 10-23-2006 at 08:28 PM.
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:17 AM   #128
Tech Regular

raf i plan on racing this race but i cant get the sighn up sheet on my computer so if you can please hold me a spot will be there friday
Old 10-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #129
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo
DJ- I think Gary is saying that tire wear and hardness of tires will be determind after the state race because all the 1/8th scales running for the FORGASS state race should put down a groove that makes traction go up..

I ran this weekend with my 720 for the first time and it was awesome.. Remember that I have not raced since april 2 of this year and it was amazing.. This 720 with a solid axle in front was the bomb... I will tell you that it ran like a one-way with all the steering and corner speed you could ever use. I also ran the new JACO Serpent two stage tires and let me say they were stupid fast. I personally think it may be the way to go.. Only thing is you cant crash at all cause they chunk.. So if your a crasher then you need regular JACO Foams.. I also tried the Kyosho tire which at the worlds were the fastest and it was equal to a standard JACO as far as speed goes.. If anything the Jacos were more forgiving and had better wear..

Most cars will need 40 fronts and 42 rears. For those of you who are really brave 42 fronts and 45 rears.. Lots and lots of steering with this combination....................

Bodies- Parma sucks.. It offers to much intial steering and then the car wants to break loose for no reason.. Very twitchy body... Proto is the best for the new surface.. Mazda very smooth with comfortable drive.. May help those with traction roll problems.. Stratus 3.1 YES!!!!!! This body gives the most steering with lots directional stability and very respnsive.. More so than the Mazda.. So for those of you coming to the race-these are the bodies I tested.. Mount it levelso the body line is aligned with the chassis.. We will be teching wings so cut down those parachutes and make them legal. Which is the second line not the first....

Engines-- Big, Big, Biggin gears.. As a long as you can handle.. The bigger the better..Need lots and lots of motor. If you run Mega Picco then use 18/23 59/56....

We ran a whole hour with one set of tires and they stil were 58.5 in the rear.. WOW way better than before...

Anyone coming to the race who runs a 720 will have a setup. I will give you so you can start and go from there....
Thank's for the Head's up Raf! Can you send Me the set up to:
[email protected]
Thank's!
I can't Wait to get there...................
Only 7 Day's to go!!!
Here's a Sneak Peak of one of the Body's I painted for Pepito

Old 10-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #130
Tech Fanatic

Good looking body!

Do you sell them ?

later
Jeff E
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #131
Tech Regular

Dang,,, nice lookig body.
Where's mine? I didn't know y0u painted bodies.
1FastSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #132
Tech Master

body looks really good very nice work
Old 10-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #133
Tech Master

Javier--Well!!!! Let me see here...BUHAHAHAHAHA!!! Does that body say Rafito or Pepito...(JOKE!!!) Those are not my colors... I will email the setup to you when I get a moment.

Mark- at the rate lexan falls off your car you might want to stick to one color wonders...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. You still owe me Outback from the winternats suckaa!!!

Jeff-- He's good at painting and you at ribs; which I prefer.. I cant eat the body when I am hungry.. Bring it on!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #134
Tech Master

For those who run the 720 for the setup you will need these Skyline hopups that make the 720 a real rocket....

Rear upper arm plate
Hollow 2 speed shaft
Rear shock tower
Aluminum rear anti-roll bar mount
rear body post mount

Front
Solid axle oneway
1 droop
yellow springs
2 hole on shock tower
35wt oil 3 hole
1/2 toe out
5mm caster clips in fromt of arms
middle roll center
Swaybar flat
long ackerman
Use the right upright on the left and the left upright on the right
Put a 1.5mm shim to level the steering link for 0 bump steer
40 shore tires 60.5
197mm
5mm ride height

Rear
6 droop
red springs
3 holes from the top of the Skyline rear shock tower
40 wt 3 hole
Up on rear upright
inner and highest position on the Skyline rear upper arm plate
2 rear toe in
rollcenter position #2
3mm in on 2.6mm swaybar
42 shore 61.5
6mm ride height
200mm

Proto Stratus 3.1

I used the skyline light two speed shaft for faster motor spool up. Cut the body level.. Try to make the drive train as free as possible. Skyline parts help very much with the handling and acceleration.. Look at the details that make the car really handle better as most people overlook those little things..

PNP Hobbies will be at the race with a full line of Skyline and Serpent parts for all the guys with 720's..

If you would like to have some stuff set aside for the race please call Pete at PNP Hobbies 321-723-7318...

Last edited by rangulo; 10-24-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #135
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Raf,

You forgot to tell them about the Hot Pink Paint for the body!