R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-23-2003, 12:59 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Motors for RS4 3

Could someone tell me what a good bolt-in motor for my RS4 3 car would be? I want something with more power and Im not sure what brand/type to get. I figure this would be the best place to ask. I really don't plan on racing the car right now. I just run it on parking lots and stuff like that so I won't need anything that is within regulations. I just don't want to go and spend $500 just to find out it is not much better than what I had. My car is not the SS it only have the 15FE motor in it right now.
Thanks in Advace
mei2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:05 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to duumdude Send a message via Yahoo to duumdude
Default NOVAMEGA TURBO BIG BLOCK 15w/21 crank

HPI RTR 3 SS /w GOOD MOTOR FOR THIS CAR IF YOU NEED SOME PUNCH.I WOULD USE A 21 BUT CRANK CASE A LITTLE BIG.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 109mm.jpg (56.1 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by duumdude; 01-24-2003 at 09:10 AM.
duumdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 12:25 PM   #3
Tech Chat Moderator

Ah, the dread "what engine should i get" question.

Well, first of all you need a .12-.15 engine with a standard threaded crankshaft. Dont try to fit a .21 in there cuz it wont fit.....i think. OS engines are good for the money. Some are over priced to me IMO. You could also go to www.teamcrc.com and check out the engine no there. I have the STS mt12 and it was very cheap and it is an amazing engine. They make ported and turbo plug engines for around 150$. That is very cheap compared to other brands. You can also try www.towerhobbies.com and www.rbproducts.com these 2 places can help you decide on what you want. Remember, it has to be a thread standard crankshaft.

BTW, nice car Dummdude.

Last edited by TheRagunCajun; 01-24-2003 at 12:30 PM.
TheRagunCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 01:15 PM   #4
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy
Default "duumdude"

Where are you from in philly north south...I'm from north philly and need some advice on tracks and hobby shops. thanks

"anyone"
While this thread is on the topic is the HPI RS4 3 a good car. Is the SS (the new one out) worth the money?

Thanks
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 01:21 PM   #5
Tech Chat Moderator

Yeah it's a good car. I have the rs4-2 so i can just imagine how good it is. I only wish it has better set up abilities. I do like my nrs4 alot and play with it all the time.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:23 AM   #6
Tech Initiate

mei2b,
I really reallly recommend RB ENGINES!!!!! my friend has a RTR 3 and has a RB on it and whooo! you dont throttle 1/4 and it goes like crazy!! recommend it man, worth the $$$$$....
www.rbproducts.com

Trust Me!
[HPI]RS4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 01:11 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

what engine did he go with there {HPI}RS4SS?? I went to the site and they seem to have some real cool ones. I take it that for the RTR 3 you can run a rear exhaust engine?

TheRagunCajun: Thanks for the links. I really like the RB motors and the team crc ones. The pic of your RS4 2 shows it as a side exhaust motor but I didn't see a side motor listed??

Anybody have a RS4 3 with rear exhaust? If so could you post some pics?

Corvettecrazy my buddy bought the SS kit for the same price I bought my non-SS RTR.. Their is some differences like the engine, a header, and the 2-speed Trany... I kind of messed up buying the RTR. I plan on buying a new FM remote maybe the MX-3 or a Futaba... So I should have just bought the SS since Im getting a new remote for it. Heck I might just buy a 2ND car and let my daughter drive the RTR.. I havn't even fired up the 1ST car and now I'm talking myself into getting a second car..
mei2b is offline   Reply With Quote